Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Connect residential customer base acquired by Vodafone Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭INFODAD

And so it begins

• Registered Users Posts: 3 toffee69

I am also a refugee from UTV but decided to go to Eircom instead of Vodafone. Got swapped over Ok after 2 days without broadband and 1 day without phone (supposed to be seamless changeover.) I agreed a good deal with Eircom for anytime calls to Ireland (+2 euro extra for calls to UK) and 7mb broadband (for price of 1mb I was told) and 30 mins to any irish mobile.
    All this for 32 euro for 1st 6 months and 47.50 after that. I thought I was made. Received my first bill for 82.04 and hit the floor...rang them and was told they could find no trace of my deal with their sales team but agreed to give me a credit for 28.50. After persisting with my query they eventually tracked the girl I spoke with the first day and miracle of miracles they ''found'' my agreement. I though I was sorted but kept checking my eircom account on line for the credit. No trace of same day before they were due to take the 82.04 from my bank. I rang them and again was again told that there was no trace of my initial agreement and no trace of my credit....she checked with their ''Winback'' team and they told her that the best deal they could give me was 42.50 for 1st 6 months and I did'nt wait to hear the rest before I exploded.....she had now logged my complaint with the relevant section and I will hear in 10 days.....I was also supposed to get a call back last week but none came.....

Has anyone else had similar experiences in the recent past.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Eircom doesn't compare to Vodafone price plan wise, IMO.

Talking €57.50 for unlimited BB, unlimited calls, a small amount of UK & Mobile calls.

Vodafone offer the same plan with unlimited UK calls for a lot less.

YES...BUT MY COMPLAINT WAS THAT I HAD A VERBAL AGREEMENT WITH THEIR SALES PERSON AND THEY ARE NOW TRYING TO RENEGE ON THIS...ALSO I HAVE SEEN SOME TERRIBLE EXPERIENCES ON YOUR THREAD ABOUT VODAFONE CUSTOMER CARE.. IHAVE HAD THOSE EXPERIENCES WITH VODAFONE MOBILE..IT WOULD SCARE YOU OFF....EIRCOM ARE NO BETTER...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

toffee69 wrote: »
    YES...BUT MY COMPLAINT WAS THAT I HAD A VERBAL AGREEMENT WITH THEIR SALES PERSON AND THEY ARE NOW TRYING TO RENEGE ON THIS...ALSO I HAVE SEEN SOME TERRIBLE EXPERIENCES ON YOUR THREAD ABOUT VODAFONE CUSTOMER CARE.. IHAVE HAD THOSE EXPERIENCES WITH VODAFONE MOBILE..IT WOULD SCARE YOU OFF....EIRCOM ARE NO BETTER...

Welcome to the world of sales, where often reps sell anything and everything to those who never check that the plan exists and companies rarely care about this unless a stink is created. The agreement would have been recorded. Your first bill will always be double too.

There is an eircom fourm on Boards.ie where their Customer Care will help out. The lads on Boards are fairly good.

So far, for me, Vodafone Customer Care has been more or less bang on.

• Advertisement

OK Thanks...I did ask on several occasions if the calls were recorded and they said yes. I will try the Eircom forum....

Day 2

and yet again my Broadband stopped again for 2 hours.

Finally got it back at half the speed of its norm!

Never had such problems with UTV and its only day 2 of Vodafone, a few more days of this and im off to Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

Still haven't plugged in my Vodafone router & broadband is working fine using my UTV router & login details. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

doney84 wrote: »
    Still haven't plugged in my Vodafone router & broadband is working fine using my UTV router & login details. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Same here I've done nothing and all is working as usual

dragona wrote: »

I've even logged in to my UTV account and it is tracking my bandwidth used so far this month. Find that a bit strange if I'm supposed to be paying Vodafone from now on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭INFODAD

dragona wrote: »

Yes me too haven't touched a thing and all is well. I believe this is ok as pointed out to me by sully the mod on here, it's just the line that's transferred over and nothing is changed only that. :)

INFODAD wrote: »
    Yes me too haven't touched a thing and all is well. I believe this is ok as pointed out to me by sully the mod on here, it's just the line that's transferred over and nothing is changed only that. :)

The fact that UTV are still monitoring bandwidth has me a bit worried that come the end of the month I'll get a bill from them & a bill from Vodafone ...

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

I opted out of the contract as I am moving soon and it should have all been terminated on change over day - still have phone and internet access!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

mine is all working the same as usual too. Also, I've noticed 'certain sites' that I think should be blocked by Vodafone, are still accessible, so I'm assuming everything on my end is still going through UTV's servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Required Field

jdee99 wrote: »
    I opted out of the contract as I am moving soon and it should have all been terminated on change over day - still have phone and internet access!

Same here. I phoned twice to opt out (second time after receiving the modem from VF...) but still have internet access that should've ceased on July 1st.

I've been on to Vodafone's community centre/forum/whatever over on their website to enquire what's going on and ask them to confirm I'm not going to be charged for a service I opted out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Spoke to Utv three times to confirm it will be cancelled and they assured me it was all in hand - I am not holding my breath!

Ive now had 4 major dropouts in 3 days with Vodafone.

Time to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ipnet

Ive now had 4 major dropouts in 3 days with Vodafone.

Time to change.

I had changed to another provider last month and notified Vodafone that I did NOT want their service. I had received welcome letters from my new provider to which I was getting broadband and phone service from. I was told today (by chance because of a line fault I reported) that Vodafone still took over the account on the 30th of june. I was told by my new provider that I would have to get a UAN number from Vodafone to take it back. Vodafone are refusing to give me this information. I also found out that Vodafone have my bank details and will start billing me.

Hence anyone that thinks they have avoided Vodafone by moving to another provider, think again. You will likely be billed by both providers and in a few weeks will loose the service from what you thought was your new provider. In addition you will likely have a contract with Vodafone that you might not be able to get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Your UAN is available under your old UTV account statement - small print beside monthly itemised list for <ph. number>

Still discussing the matter with Vodafone over on their website. I've basically been told they can't guarantee I won't be charged by VF, and that I need to retain the service with them until my new provider takes over otherwise my order with the current provider will fail. I've asked for advice on what to do if I am charged by VF, as I have no intention of paying them for a service I never consented to. Also asked if they'll attempt to levy a cancellation fee for transferring from them as they now regard me as being bound to an 18 month contract I never consented to...

This is incredibly frustrating.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Vodafone will be using the same Direct Debit mandate that UTV used, or will they be setting up a different one? If it's the same one I might be able to pre-emptively stop the idiots from draining my account.

Welcome to Vodaphone at Home (pg. 8):
    Common billing FAQs

When will the direct debit payment be taken from my account?

Your direct debit will be taken by Vodaphone on or after the 22nd of every month.
    Following the switchover we will be in touch confirming your Vodaphone direct debit details as per SEPA regulations

The SDD Mandate

The SEPA Direct Debit (SDD) Schemes allow a creditor (biller) to collect funds from a debtor's (payer's) account, provided that a signed mandate has been granted by the payer to the biller. A mandate is signed by the debtor to authorise the creditor to collect a payment and to instruct the debtor's bank to pay those collections. Mandate forms to be completed by debtors (customers purchasing goods or services) are usually provided by creditors (retailers or service providers) themselves.

http://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/index.cfm/sepa-direct-debit/the-sdd-mandate/

styron wrote: »
    Welcome to Vodaphone at Home (pg. 8):

Thanks for that; I didn't even look at the stuff that came with the modem, just shoved them all back into the envelope in a fit of pique.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ipnet

styron wrote: »
    Your UAN is available under your old UTV - small print beside monthly itemised list for <ph. number>

Thanks, I had been led to believe this number was unique based on your broadband provider. No one at Vodafone would even tell me that, then again their customer support is terrible.

ipnet wrote: »
    Thanks, I had been led to believe this number was unique based on your broadband provider. No one at Vodafone would even tell me that, then again their customer support is terrible.

It's your unique line ID independent of all ISP's. I'd like to think Vodafone "Support" resistance was grounded in cluelessness and incompetence, rather than a sinister blackmail attempt to stay put by grabbing you by the UAN short n' curlies :pac:

Thanks for that; I didn't even look at the stuff that came with the modem, just shoved them all back into the envelope in a fit of pique.

After 13 years with UTV my out of the blue 'Dear John' was picking up the surprise Modem from the post office last Friday. The loss of free UK off peak for 11 cent per Min anytime, has an 'old school' feel that's got me piqued too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AmberSolace

"Changeover" was seamless if it can be called a "Changeover" - just an IP change, no increase in speed - indeed it's noticeably slower and a bit draggy. Did ask VF when Fibre would kick in and was offered NEW 18 month contract .....

WTF!

Is that legal? Thought I was getting speeds up to 100 Mbs but averaging at 3Mbs over the 3 days so far

My Package Vodafone Home Max
    - - - - - - -

What you get with this plan

unlimited broadband usage allowance
    unlimited anytime calls to Irish and UK landlines
    200 minutes to Irish mobiles or over 20 top international landline destinations
    30 extra minutes to call mobiles in Australia, New Zealand, USA and the UK
    fibre speeds - up to Up to 100Mb at no extra cost
    free modem
    Free PC Protection for the first three months
    Vodafone Mentor

• Registered Users Posts: 25 crocked77

chasm wrote: »
    That's strange. When you select NGB are you sure it's definitely the unlimited option, I'm sure I added the option for unlimited after for my efibre package.
    I am not sure about the 8c mobile phone option. Was that an add on ? If they still do it, it should be listed in their price list in the small print at the bottom of the page.

I got through to Eircom and they told me unlimited 5 euro off offer is only available for efibre which isn't in my area yet.

The website is a bit confusing on this as it takes you first to the NGB offer which seems to have the 5 euro off (confusingly with 30GB to Unlimited download usage) but once you go one screen further you see the real price which doesn't have the same 5 euro off as efibre.

On the plus side they gave me new customer so for the first 6 months it's cheaper and in a year I can look again in any case.

I sent back my modem to Vodafone and actually so far it seems to be pain free but I'm still expecting a bill to be honest.

UTV on the other hand don't seem to be easy to contact and I got no confirmation my account was closed from them at all which is a bit disappointing after all these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

toffee69 wrote: »

Don't ever assume that any conversation you have with an Eircom employee will be read or put on record for another employee to see. I don't want to get into telling the story of our moving two doors over and the three weeks it took us - with our then-ISP UTV also banging on their door - to get us connected, but suffice it to say Eircom's customer service is ****.

I should know, I used to work with the company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

With both Eircom and Vodafone I did have poor service. From them I did learn to note times and dates of all conversations and the persons name. Note what is said then one has some chance.

However CS is note the number 1 concern with many companies in this sector

Advertisement