Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why you want to join

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

LG1985 wrote: »
    Im waitin on a PCA date (which om dreading) .. My vetting forms arrived yesterday so gotta get them sent away now asap!! Iv got an application in this time again .. Always better to be safe than sorry!!

Happy days! How you feeling on PCA? I'm nervous about It already and I'm nowhere near it hah

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

MissJC13 wrote: »
    Happy days! How you feeling on PCA? I'm nervous about It already and I'm nowhere near it hah

Dreadin it!! Alot girls seem to be failin it which really worries me :(

Aw ul b doin urs before ya know it :)

LG1985 wrote: »
    Dreadin it!! Alot girls seem to be failin it which really worries me :(

Aw ul b doin urs before ya know it :)

I think that's been a lot of people underestimating it! I've had a trial run at the PCA a while back, I don't think it's changed too much - and it was definitely doable :) I'm sure you'll blast right through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alex_murphy

Mop a top wrote: »
    No mission!!! Don't **** where you eat. I want a career out of this, I don't want someone saying I only got what I achieve by sleeping around, I'm not that kind of working girl lol

Sadly, even in the 21st century, they will happen whether you do or don't. You only need to look at the bull**** rumor-mill that happened towards Judith Gillespie, to see proof of this.

I would imagine a resilient demeanour and mind are a must tbh.

I would imagine a resilient demeanour and mind are a must tbh.

Reckon thats good advice for most lines of work :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol girlies...... http://youtu.be/wd1-HM234DE

Well us ladies will just have to cross that bridge when we come to it. We're more than capable of doing anything the guys can without using our "feminine charms" lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sgtsnowy

Ordinary people doing extraordinary jobs. Always wanted to be a police officer from when I first remember my parents getting home for 5 minutes to get a quick packed lunch then back out on the street during the dark days seeing them in that uniform made me proud. And that's why I'm applying to become that role model that I once looked up to! Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

I quite fancied a job where you'd get no support from the management or public, where I work twenty one days without a day off and where they tell you that you have to stay on duty for an indeterminate time five minutes before the end of shift with absolutely no regard for your personal life, and usually for no obvious reason.

Having said that, it's the only job I'd care to do. Every day is genuinely different and the banter between colleagues can be some of the best you'll ever experience. And sometimes, and I mean once in the bluest of blue moons, you might feel quite proud for helping someone who actually needs you (and hasn't just fallen out with their friend on Facebook and "wants them charged").

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

sgtsnowy wrote: »
    Ordinary people doing extraordinary jobs. Always wanted to be a police officer from when I first remember my parents getting home for 5 minutes to get a quick packed lunch then back out on the street during the dark days seeing them in that uniform made me proud. And that's why I'm applying to become that role model that I once looked up to! Good luck all

Love this post, my parents weren't in the police but I am father to three young kids. The thought that they might one day say something like this about me has made me even more determined to smash this pca which is very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

My dad was in 30years and hes one of the reasons i wanna join .. Everyone has always said that they cud see his daughter following in his footsteps .. Jus hope i can now and do him and my mum proud if i get in :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

My dad was in the job too, as was his dad. My dad's face when I told him I was going for it was priceless, so proud :')

Advertisement