Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why you want to join

Options
  • 31-05-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey! Just thought I'd start a thread to get some peoples stories :) always nice to see why everyone's aiming for the same thing!

Why do you want to be in the PSNI?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

I guess because its exciting, rewarding, not your everyday job, no day will ever be the same, i find the adrenaline rush of being in certain situations appealing too if in honest (public order situations) haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'd have to totally agree with pcplod plus it's a good wage and I'll not have to say no as much to the kids lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Its a job like no other .. Yeah im sure there will be tough days and amazing days, those when ul go home and cry ur eyes out and others where ul feel like uv done good in the world!! Its a new challenge everyday!! Its sumthin iv always wanted to do so il just keep applyin til i get there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

I want to join as I heard they gave free ice creams on a Friday.

student15 wrote: »
    I want to join as I heard they gave free ice creams on a Friday.

I jus burst out laughin in the middle of work at that!! Lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

Haha I've cream by far the best reason I've heard! Sold!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

I feel a person who's drawn to this line of work with their eyes at least half open to what it entails must have a certain leadership quality to them (or alpha mindset, though that phrase can rile people up). I've found this to be true as moving through the stages talking with others at the IST right through to talking at the medical shows a vast difference in the character of those remaining compared to the general applicants at the beginning. I met several at my medical who I also met at my PCA and they all showed a level of confidence and directness in their characters which I like to fancy myself possessing.

Also what pcplod said. I enjoy problem solving and would enjoy the stimulation and challenge of doing this with situations that change every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I'm joining for these orgies that are apparently happening* !

Haha, noo it's something i've always wanted, my mother is a Garda and I've always been involved with the blue family ! Rónan Kerr was the actual inspiration and push for me applying to join the PSNI. Having read about his life, he really reminded me of myself, the games we played as kids, hobbies and interests are pretty much identical.

I also love the community, being active on my feet and of course, the adrenaline rushes, the usual stuff!

* A boardsie was worried about a rumour that he/she heard regarding orgies at Garnerville

Think orgies is takin it abit far but there is alota "relations" that go on within the PSNI .. Lol!!

Ronan was a star .. As was Philippa .. Diff circumstances in relation to their deaths tho :(

Seems like lots of people have the same mindset! And everyone seems to like a bit of Craic so that's always good haha :)

Lol Ahhh the orgies, sure isn't that why everyone's joining?! Kidding of course, I have heard there's a lot that goes on, especially in HG!

• Advertisement

Wait til ya get into a station .. That will open the eyes of people!!! Lol!!

LG1985 wrote: »
    Wait til ya get into a station .. That will open the eyes of people!!! Lol!!

Ooo LG, tell me more lol

MissJC13 wrote: »
    Ooo LG, tell me more lol

Lol chick from what I know from friends we won't be short of an offer or two!!! Lmfao

Haha ... Lets just say ul not be short of offers .. Theres alot of things that go on in stations .. Fair enuf alot might be rumours but most is truth!! Lol!!

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol chick from what I know from friends we won't be short of an offer or two!!! Lmfao

Haha interesting, must keep that CS gas handy... :p lmao

Lol thank god for Krav Maga :P

LG1985 wrote: »
    Haha ... Lets just say ul not be short of offers .. Theres alot of things that go on in stations .. Fair enuf alot might be rumours but most is truth!! Lol!!

Lol!! Sounds a lot like the industry I'm
    In at the minute :o #prepared lol

Lol thank god for Krav Maga :P

Haha happy days, we'll know what the lads with Black eyes have been up to then!

Lol!! Sounds a lot like the industry I'm
    In at the minute :o #prepared lol

Me too!! Lol!!

Sounds like you pair a women are more looking forward to the 'offers' and not the actual job! :pac:

• Advertisement

Iv seen enuf of that kinda thing to last me a lifetime .. Will b stayin well clear!! Lol!!

Sounds like you pair a women are more looking forward to the 'offers' and not the actual job! :pac:

No mission!!! Don't **** where you eat. I want a career out of this, I don't want someone saying I only got what I achieve by sleeping around, I'm not that kind of working girl lol

Ya can be fierce proud of the fact that you've gotten thus far without any badness! :D

If only it was as easy as sleeping around though! The wait would be more exciting! :pac:

Haha no thanks, I've managed to avoid the whole work/pleasure thing so far!! But got to love watching the workplace drama that unfolds from it :p
    If I get in (fingers crossed) I can't wait to get tore into the training :D

Haha no thanks, I've managed to avoid the whole work/pleasure thing so far!! But got to love watching the workplace drama that unfolds from it :p
    If I get in (fingers crossed) I can't wait to get tore into the training :D

Not if you get in. It's when you get in ;)

Not if you get in. It's when you get in ;)

I like it, positive mental attitude!! Lol what stage of the process are you at?

I like it, positive mental attitude!! Lol what stage of the process are you at?

I'm waiting on "the call" my lovely. So excited!!!! The positive thinking definitely works, motivated me and got my ass round the PCA

Im not great at the positive thinkin :(

I'm waiting on "the call" my lovely. So excited!!!! The positive thinking definitely works, motivated me and got my ass round the PCA

Ace! Not long now till you're in the deep end :) bet you're buzzing!
    I'm just at the very start of the process, waiting on date for IST!

LG I bet you'll be fine :) what stage are you at? X

• Advertisement

Im waitin on a PCA date (which om dreading) .. My vetting forms arrived yesterday so gotta get them sent away now asap!! Iv got an application in this time again .. Always better to be safe than sorry!!

Advertisement