Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭OldRio

Aye Good luck. An old work friend of mine had the same op a few years ago. Everything went grand. He's still a lazy bast@rd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jaysus, all the best.

Do you get to keep it in a jar afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

.ak wrote: »
    Jaysus, all the best.

Ha! Dunno but that's put the first proper smile of the day on my face

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Don't forget Conker season is coming up too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Best of luck P_1, as the lads have already said it's not going to impact you going forward in any way other than positively. Better to get that sort of thing dealt with and out of the way.

Also, I winced at the conker joke...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I see you too were a procurer of zig and zig books as a child

Underrated comic geniuses....until they went to England.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

One less bollock to accidentally sit on.

All the best etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

.ak wrote: »
    Jaysus, all the best.

Bronze it and display it on the mantle piece.

P_1 wrote: »
    Ha! Dunno but that's put the first proper smile of the day on my face

Change of username to B_1?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i think you should all stop talking bollix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Best of luck P_1. Hope everything worked out ok for you today.

Its hilarious how dead this forum gets come 5pm

Single balled. Surgery was grand. Now its time to find out what was up with the sneaky bugger

• Administrators Posts: 53,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

P_1 wrote: »
    Single balled. Surgery was grand. Now its time to find out what was up with the sneaky bugger

Glad to hear it went well. You have to stay in overnight?

awec wrote: »
    Glad to hear it went well. You have to stay in overnight?

Yeah, they want to run a load of tests just to be sure. In a ward though at least so its not all bad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Last time I spent a night in a ward (orthopaedic), was finally admitted from A&E about 1am with a compound fracture, got chatting to the oul lad in the next bed who was still awake...

Old guy in next bed: "So, what are you in for?"

Me: "Ah, broken finger in a hurling match, they want to operate in the morning"

OG: "Ah, not too bad, you'll be in and out in no time"

Me: "What are you in for yourself?" (thinking... hip replacement, knee replacement, etc...)

OG: "Got run over by a steamroller"

Me: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I spend a night in hospital at Christmas after surgery. Was grand cause it was just me and one other oul lad in this room. The only problem was I was watching a movie on my tablet and he kept trying to talk to me!

But you get tea and toast and your meals brought to you in bed and my ma brought me a load of crisps and chocolate so I was as happy as a pig in sh!te! :D

Oh and be careful with the codeine if they give you any. Good for the pain, but it can make going to the toilet a bit.... difficult.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    Oh and be careful with the codeine if they give you any. Good for the pain, but it can make going to the toilet a bit.... difficult.

Yeah, but you're so high you don't give a shit....

:D

I'll get my coat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Any tips lads for finishing up a rental and getting the bond back? We've always dealt with the landlords directly, and have mutually agreed not to pay the last month's rent v the bond (we have always left our places in good condition), but our current place is via a letting agency, and the rental agreement has a clause specifically prohibiting this practice. I just don't trust the letting agency not to find some bullshìt reason not to keep back money. On the other hand, I'm not sure I can face not paying the last month's rent and then having an aggressive letting agency on my back. Any advice from the locals welcome!

BTW, we tidied up the house pretty damn well, and despite some mutterings at the time of inspection about the carpets needing cleaning, we got our full bond back.

Switzerland is another kettle of fish...3 months rent as bond :eek: BUT the money goes into a savings account in our name, and we get any interest :)

However...the Swiss like to do up their own rentals, so when you move in their are usually no light fittings, as people prefer to provide their own. So our place currently has wire coming out of the walls with bulbs attached...you can pretty much do anything you want with a rental (not major structural stuff of course), BUT it has to be returned pretty much in the exact condition you found it...ie repaint those walls you painted cream back to white etc.

The good news is there's none of that shìt like in Ireland, where the landlord can give you 4 to 6 weeks notice, and you're out (been there done that). Once you're in, you're pretty much safe. Landlord can really only hike the rent if interest rates go up...and if they go down, you can legally claim for a rent reduction.

Oh, and our new Jura coffee machine arrived. Just saying.

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    Last time I spent a night in a ward (orthopaedic), was finally admitted from A&E about 1am with a compound fracture, got chatting to the oul lad in the next bed who was still awake...

Old guy in next bed: "So, what are you in for?"

Me: "Ah, broken finger in a hurling match, they want to operate in the morning"

OG: "Ah, not too bad, you'll be in and out in no time"

Me: "What are you in for yourself?" (thinking... hip replacement, knee replacement, etc...)

OG: "Got run over by a steamroller"

Me: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Did he look anything like this lad...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Arrested Development coming back for a 5th season it seems . Not sure how I feel. I really didn't like season 4, I think they prematurely shot their wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, and ultimately ended up with something of a mess on their hands. The first 3 seasons were just brilliant and its best just left alone at this stage, they aren't going to top that

Even season 3 was a bit dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bit of a mad opening day to the PGA. Great entertainment. Paul McGinley is going to have some headache in picking his wildcards. He'll be desperate for Poulter or Westwood to secure a big finish here and move into the automatic spots. Those two, Molinari, Donaldson and Lowry all putting in strong opening rounds will have things very tight for the final list.

Then there's McIlroy. What a mad opening round. He was motoring along nicely at -3 and then had an utter horrorshow on the 10th, hooking his approach wildly out of bounds. Double bogey followed by three putting on the next for another bogey, going onto the 12th at even par. That's when I called it a night, unfortunately. He birdied 5 of the last 7 to be one shot off the lead. 8 birdies in his round. If he can eradicate the massive errors he suffered last night, he's going to be clear at the top going into the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/27-favourite-fantasy-football-names-1045692-Aug2014/ brilliant fantasy football names best one is imo
    AC A Little Silhouette of Milan

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Buer wrote: »
    ...Paul McGinley is going to have some headache...QUOTE]

Not as much of a headache as Tom Watson is going to have. He's going to struggle to have anyone fit or in the correct mental frame of mind to play.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There was a Sub-Standard Liège in our college 5-a-side in 1993, along with an Imaginary Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's been happening with Rangers this last few years?I know they got bumped down a few divisions but I assume they must be working their way back up?

• Advertisement

What's been happening with Rangers this last few years?I know they got bumped down a few divisions but I assume they must be working their way back up?

They're in the first division now, one below the SPL.

Hearts and Hibs are both in it this year too so will be a difficult one to get promotion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement