Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The all new and only slightly recycled off topic thread (read post 1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Dochas.ie have a weekly newsletter in which jobs are advertised. It really depends what skills you have though. Doctors, nutritionists, agronomists, and engineers are usually sought after, as well as people with specific training in international development, economics and research.
    so I guess I need to go back to college

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

.ak wrote: »
    Just at a social level to be honest. Like I said, I've only really been actively trying to get fit in the last two years. I'm still at 18% bodyfat but compared to what I was (in the overweight range) that's allright, and my plan is to get down to 12% this summer, maybe 10% if I push hard enough. Only went back playing rugby last season so I'm pretty ****e tbh, spent most of it rehabing old injuries.

TBH at anything below J2 level fitness means feck all. I could be the fittest person in the squad but still be absolutely shocking. The fitness thing is a bit rugby related, but mostly just personal. I'm 28 now and I feel if I don't get into top shape now it'll just get harder with each year that goes by.

Gas...i'm leaving the thirties in a few weeks and it suddenly dawned on me that the weight has crept on the past few years. Was slightly over 13 stone and was only going one way. Just over a fortnight ago i decided to eat slightly more healthily - cut out the sweets, crisps, coffee in the morning with a muffin.

Tipping now at 12 stone 8 - that's with no exercise, just a removal of crappy foods. I'm on a protein shake mixed with fruit in the mornings and no carbs in the evening (pasta and spuds at 7 p.m aren't great tbh).

Next plan is to incorporate some exercise into the mix...probably will rejoin the carlisle gym as i live about 2 mins from it and get back into the habit of swimming. It's amazing even what a decent walk or jog every day can do.

Funny that the wife has a friend who is 45. She walks everywhere and does a 5k jog every morning. She went on holidays to greece this year and posted pics of herself on FB, in a bikini sporting a full six pack - wife said she wasn't a bit jealous - her eating habits and exercise plan this last month would suggest otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Its not every day you get an ultrasound done on the liathroidi. Fairly pissed off at the hanging around though. The scan was done at 3 but i haven't heard boo from anyone since. Just want to go home at this stage

ak. I'm still trying to understand your breakfast . This is probably a stupid question, Does all of the items you listed go into a blender first?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Buer

mfceiling wrote: »
    Gas...i'm leaving the thirties in a few weeks and it suddenly dawned on me that the weight has crept on the past few years. Was slightly over 13 stone and was only going one way. Just over a fortnight ago i decided to eat slightly more healthily - cut out the sweets, crisps, coffee in the morning with a muffin.

Tipping now at 12 stone 8 - that's with no exercise, just a removal of crappy foods. I'm on a protein shake mixed with fruit in the mornings and no carbs in the evening (pasta and spuds at 7 p.m aren't great tbh).

Next plan is to incorporate some exercise into the mix...probably will rejoin the carlisle gym as i live about 2 mins from it and get back into the habit of swimming. It's amazing even what a decent walk or jog every day can do.

Funny that the wife has a friend who is 45. She walks everywhere and does a 5k jog every morning. She went on holidays to greece this year and posted pics of herself on FB, in a bikini sporting a full six pack - wife said she wasn't a bit jealous - her eating habits and exercise plan this last month would suggest otherwise...

That's great, fair play.

Now, about these pics...

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Its not every day you get an ultrasound done on the liathroidi. Fairly pissed off at the hanging around though. The scan was done at 3 but i haven't heard boo from anyone since. Just want to go home at this stage

Who's the nicest person in the hospital?

The ultrasound guy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Same here, big four oh coming very soon! I got back into exercise this year, would have been around the 13 stone too, cycling 3-4 times a week with the odd run and I droppped to 12 in about 3 months, not eating any less but definitely healthier. It's amazing what a bit of exercise does for the metabolism. If you're exercising enough you'll need those carbs and protein in the evening too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Only in Switzerland...

So there's a wild bear out in the local forests which has been ravaging the sheep, and even took out a couple of donkeys (!). I would have thought a gun + bullet (or some other form of stopping the beer eg zoo) would have been in order. But in fact, it went to arbitration at the local council. As the bear had "only" taken out 20 sheep in the last month, this did not reach the threshold of 24 sheep, and the bear was spared. But it's on notice not to get too greedy... I wonder what the threshold for small children is per month?!

Buer wrote: »
    Who's the nicest person in the hospital?

The ultrasound guy.

Who's the nicest person in the hospital when the ultrasound guy isn't there?

The hip replacement guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Atleast I didn't do my knee in running around an astro park!

I did that this evening :(

• Advertisement

Who's the nicest person in the hospital when the ultrasound guy isn't there?

The hip replacement guy!!

Wonderful. In the absence of having children of my own, I take great pleasure in seeing my nephews and nieces cringe at my dad jokes. I needed more material. I've been living off the same ones for too long.

Two fish in a tank, one turns to the other and says "I'll man the gun, you drive".

Wonderful. In the absence of having children of my own, I take great pleasure in seeing my nephews and nieces cringe at my dad jokes. I needed more material. I've been living off the same ones for too long.

Two fish in a tank, one turns to the other and says "I'll man the gun, you drive".

2 dyslexics in the car...one says "can you smell petrol?"...the other says "i can't even smell my own name!!"

The same 2 lads are out on the town - one says "i could eat a McDonalds"..the other says "you spell it, i'll pay for it"..the other says "fcuk it, we'll have a kcf!!"

*apologies to any dyslexics - they were the first 2 jokes that came to mind*:o

• Administrators Posts: 53,572 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Terrible.

awec wrote: »
    Terrible.

You're dead inside!

What did the grape say when it was stepped on?

Nothing. It just let out a little wine.

What's brown & sticky?

A stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ak. I'm still trying to understand your breakfast . This is probably a stupid question, Does all of the items you listed go into a blender first?

Yep, all into blender to make a smoothie.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    What's brown & sticky?

A stick.

What's green and fluffy? Green fluff.

What's blue and fluffy? Green fluff in disguise.

Yep, all into blender to make a smoothie.

I bet your missus loves the sound of that first thing in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Shall be losing a bollock tomorrow. They think it possibly cancer but its a case of better out than in. Feeling strangely calm about it all

Shall be losing a bollock tomorrow. They think it possibly cancer but its a case of better out than in. Feeling strangely calm about it all

Cancer of the nuts is extremely curable. See Armstrong, Lance as an example. You'll be fine P_1!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Better out than in is right.

You'll also be more aerodynamic now as well!

Wow!! Hopefully it'll be all good. You'll join that exclusive club of Lance Armstrong, ehhhhh, Hitler...

Best of luck. For the best in the grand scheme. One less to get caught in your fly when drunk.

All the best with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Best of luck. Know a few guys with one gonad - all perfectly fine now, several sprogs afterwards too so def didn't affect that! You'll be fine, just a few grams lighter :D

Wow!! Hopefully it'll be all good. You'll join that exclusive club of Lance Armstrong, ehhhhh, Hitler...

Aaron Cruden and Napoleon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Best of luck mate!

• Administrators Posts: 53,572 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Good luck p_1!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Best of luck with it mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Best of luck P_1!

• Advertisement

What's green and fluffy? Green fluff.

What's blue and fluffy? Green fluff in disguise.

I see you too were a procurer of zig and zig books as a child

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement