Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just nonstop spawning in enemies on top of the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah same. It was in my early Metroidvania days though (before I finished the Oris, Hollow Knight, Afterimage etc.)

Might have more experience now to help me enjoy it more! I'll install it again. 😊

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh yeah, I'm getting that a lot all right, but I guess that's how they solved for the random rooms. It has resulted in some cheap deaths, no question.

But it was 5 quid, and the movement controls are precisely what I like and want, so can endure for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

First JRPG of the year: Persona 4 Golden. It’s fantastic after I bounced off it many years ago on the PS Vita and I think this is mainly because I loved P5R so much.

For a game that is so old, it is amazing how much Persona 5 ‘borrowed’ from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Totally back into TOTK now.

Have gotten to the final battle. But not prepared for that.

So, I'm bumping up my armour and gathering stuff to make food to combat gloom

Also, getting up to speed on combat. I never really bothered much with this in BOTW or TOTK.

It's a brilliant game. It really is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't think 'borrow' is the word I'd use for games within the same series - 4 builds on the foundations of 3, and 5 on the foundations of 4 :)

I still think 4 is the highlight of the series though. While 5 remains one of the slickest video games ever made and makes numerous welcome quality of life improvements, the characters, setting, story etc... of 4 remain much more engaging IMO.

I loved Persona 5 up to a point, but I hit a difficulty spike that stopped me in my tracks (I think it was the 3rd palace). Must go back to it again because it's a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Are the Persona games on the same level of difficulty as the main Shin Megami Tensei series?

Oh wait, now I'm getting it. Wasn't so bad at first but as you say, it's a bit nonstop and the enemies have become tougher and more numerous. No scaling in a fun way to give you any sense of power, a breather where you get to flex for a bit. Yeesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

After playing it on ps4 back in the day, I got No Man's Sky on switch. Have to admit, I wasn't expecting it to run at all but the little Switch that can is really showing what it can do here. Fantastic port!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

The OH bought me Tunic for Christmas - The combat is flipping hardcore and I was not prepared 😆.

After it continually destroyed me for about a week, I had to concede defeat and turn on the no death mode. Now it is a vastly less stressful experience that really allows you to experience the beautiful visual design and explory-puzzly stuff. Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Xofpod

In a momentous weekend I defeated both Ganondorf (TOTK) and Bowser (Wonder). What is with all the Nintendo hate for the redheads?

It's a Japanese thing I think. 😊

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I was prompted to check that my gamecarts were all still working properly during the week, which ended up with me dipping back into Starlink:Battle For Atlas again.

It's a very Modern Ubisoft game, as I understand it - endless chatter and map icons all over the place, getting in its own way fairly often. And yet, letting me play as Fox McCloud and fly around in an Arwing makes those minor annoyances tolerable, for the most part.

Being blunt - the toys-to-life stuff was always pish and can get all the way in the bin. But I wish Ubisoft would be less, well, Ubisoft about the game. The main annoyance if you haven't bought a bunch of DLC is that you can't unlock weapons, ships or pilots in the game - and it's a real shame, particularly with the Crimson Moon stuff, that they didn't just accept that the DLC was going nowhere and add it to all existing purchases of the game. But, well, Ubi gonna Ubi I guess.

I also remembered that I still haven't done many of the races in Fast RMX, which is great but demands playing in docked mode IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Still playing Quake 2 here... half way through the "Call of the Machine" expansion which has some 25 levels (each takes approx 30-60 mins to complete!)

Not to mention I've got another 2 other expansions after this.

There's so much game here, it's crazy

Not a dull moment either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Finally getting into Metroid Prime Remastered. It's very good..

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Back playing TOTK after a long break. This game is outstanding. 100+ hours and still discovering so much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got a bit more time with Prince of Persia at the weekend - unlocked a few more abilites, the blacksmith and some fast travel points. Movement & combat are such a joy.

Just a heads up if the Moon Gather quest bugs out for anyone else after you accept the quest - none of the buttons do anything so you are stuck standing there. I had to quit the game, go back in and talk to him again - decline the quest, talk to him again straight away and accept it - it worked fine that time. It's the only bug I've encountered so far with the game thankfully.

I'm still playing Prince of Persia and loving it 99% of the time but man oh man: some of the trap rooms are absolutely mental - but the reward has left me legit annoyed. One was a really tricky sequence of saw-blades that seemed endless, and my reward at the end was ... a bit of alternate skin / clothes. WTF Ubisoft; sometimes you can't help yourself, even when you're trying not to AAA up the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

Started Bioshock remastered the other day, crashed twice in the medical pavilion and lost a couple of hours play. In Neptune now with a couple of saves on the go. If it crashes again don’t know if I’ll go back and play the lost time, might just start tears of the kingdom or PoP the lost crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

Not used my switch since Tears of the kingdom 😅 looking get something make me use it . What's astral chain like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'm playing POP. Love the game but I've been stuck on the Orod boss battle for over a week now. Getting sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Different kind of game.

You can adjust the difficulty in game, and TBH did that for some of the trickier bosses..reduced enemy damage to 0.2 of normal, haha

Definitely, it's a top tier Metroidvania.

@pixelburp THANK YOU! I had a look around the options during the week but missed the extra tabs.. You'd think that stuff would be on the Accessibility screen too.

The giant prick is dead. Now I can get back to the fun stuff. Cheers. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

.....Still No Mans Sky

Still cannot believe it runs on switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Mario Wonder last night. Just on the second world.

Definitely not a standard 2d Mario game.

Advertisement