Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$$ All things to do with the HEAR and DARE schemes and how they work ... POST HERE $$

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Robbyb525

Anyone here have any information or know of anyone with a dare scheme who received reduced points? My only hope of getting the courses I want in a university is if I get reduced points. How many points have you heard people getting off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For anyone who'll be going to TCD, this is what your HEAR orientation will consist of

http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/assets/pdf/TAP1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leaving cert is fun

Does anyone know the dare orientation date for nuig cant find it anywhere, the dates were not included on my successfull application.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

appeled the dare decision all i can now is pray and hope 4 the best haha

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Got hear application done grand.. Susi causing all the problems for me :(:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Well, please note the discussion in the SUSI thread at the top of the forum re: the confusion over sending in a Final Course Acceptance form at this point ... might be one less thing to worry about! ;)

Thanks :) eventually got it sorted anyway ... anyone also applying the FETAC route? Starting to get nervous about the offers out on thursday :p just wondering does anyone know say i get an offer through fetac on thursday and i accept am i still classified as a hear student as would be handy to know and i havent a clue at all how that would work??

Got offered nursing today through fetac :D whooooppp!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Could being accepted in the HEAR scheme end up going against you? Like for example, you get 410 points in the LC, and the course you want is 400 points. But say your course only offers 5 places for HEAR/DARE applicants and they've all gotten above your 410 points - does that mean you won't get a place despite having all entry requirements, because you're on the HEAR scheme and the HEAR places have already been filled by people with higher points?

I know it looks worst case scenario but it's playing on my mind :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

Could being accepted in the HEAR scheme end up going against you? Like for example, you get 410 points in the LC, and the course you want is 400 points. But say your course only offers 5 places for HEAR/DARE applicants and they've all gotten above your 410 points - does that mean you won't get a place despite having all entry requirements, because you're on the HEAR scheme and the HEAR places have already been filled by people with higher points?

I know it looks worst case scenario but it's playing on my mind :o

I'm pretty sure you'll get the course, but you will still be part of the HEAR scheme and get all the benefits except for the extra points because you did not need them, because you got over the course points needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 AlTahir

Hi guys, I got one question, I got accepted into DARE and HEAR but I'm unsure about how that will work about, will they both get me a chance to compete? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MichOS

AlTahir wrote: »
    Hi guys, I got one question, I got accepted into DARE and HEAR but I'm unsure about how that will work about, will they both get me a chance to compete? Thanks

Hi, my daughter qualified for both schemes & got her course & both supports at college. Not two lots of any financial help though, which is completely fair, of course! 😀

A bit of advice to Dare and Hear applicants: If things didn't work out for you this year, you can carry your eligibility over to next year. Make sure you keep a note of your CAO number as you have to enter it on the form next time. This is on the Dare and Hear form if you want to check online, I'm a novice here and can't post images.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Can someone help me please, I'm totally confused. My son got a letter saying that he is eligible to compete for a HEAR place. He got his CAO offer of a place in NCI doing Level 6/7 Computers but I can't see any mention of HEAR on the CAO offer notice. Do I get on to the college? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

Fiolina wrote: »
    Can someone help me please, I'm totally confused. My son got a letter saying that he is eligible to compete for a HEAR place. He got his CAO offer of a place in NCI doing Level 6/7 Computers but I can't see any mention of HEAR on the CAO offer notice. Do I get on to the college? Thanks

Hi,
    I was onto CAO yesterday about this same thing and they told me that it would not be indicated to you on the offer online.
    hope it helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Yulkmn wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was onto CAO yesterday about this same thing and they told me that it would not be indicated to you on the offer online.
    hope it helps :)

Thanks, I wonder how do you find out then? I just rang the college access office and there is nobody there. :(

Fiolina wrote: »
    Thanks, I wonder how do you find out then? I just rang the college access office and there is nobody there. :(

They're probably up to their eyes today. We got a letter from the access office with the college pack that came after accepting the offer. Try not to worry, it'll work out, there'll probably be an orientation and there'll be all the information you need at that.

Advertisement