Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eliot Rodger and TFL or True Force Loneliness.

Options
12346»

Comments

ragnarl wrote: »
    It's all marketing with no proof that any "tactics" work. Women are far more socially intelligent than men will ever be. Do you really think tactics will work on a woman?

You say that and I've heard it but I did some PUA stuff with a couple of friends and despite being friends with them for years in the space of a few hours had a shot at both of them. I'm not the type to be bothered with it but I was disappointed in them that it did work, as were they when I told them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ragnarl

since you are defending PUA sites how can you defend the irish PUA sites like <snip>.com and <snip>.com even after i've told you how fradulent they are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

You say that and I've heard it but I did some PUA stuff with a couple of friends and despite being friends with them for years in the space of a few hours had a shot at both of them. I'm not the type to be bothered with it but I was disappointed in them that it did work, as were they when I told them. :pac:
    :rolleyes: arent you lovely

PucaMama wrote: »
    :rolleyes: arent you lovely
    For having an incorrectly high opinion of some friends? Not sure what's so terrible about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

The men who have success with it are not successful because of the tactics, it's because they're probably just talking to more women and get a little boost in confidence which makes them more appealing. There's actually no easy way to become better socially - the only way is the hard way.

I've noticed a couple of the female posters mentioning that they can spot ''creepy'' and ''bitter'' guys etc. But can some women always separate these bitter and creepy guys and men who are just a bit awkward? The sad reality is that quiet and awkward men are often harshly judged. There is often a perception that they're less intelligent as well. Even the best of us judge people though, so there's no easy solution at times, other than playing to your strengths and trying to improve yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

For having an incorrectly high opinion of some friends? Not sure what's so terrible about that.
    you manipulated them, and were dissapointed in them when it worked. dissapointed about something you done yourself.

ragnarl wrote: »
    since you are defending PUA sites how can you defend the irish PUA sites like daygamelifestyle.com and irishseduction.com even after i've told you how fradulent they are
    I've never been on a PUA site, it's pretty much all second and third-hand stuff I've come across.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note - there have been a couple of personal digs in the last day or so. Remember attack the post, not the poster.
    Also no posting of PUA sites. This is a topic that is specifically prohibited in our charter. The current discussion is fine but it should not stray into advocating sites or techniques

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Azwaldo55

Pug160 wrote: »
    The men who have success with it are not successful because of the tactics, it's because they're probably just talking to more women and get a little boost in confidence which makes them more appealing. There's actually no easy way to become better socially - the only way is the hard way.

I've noticed a couple of the female posters mentioning that they can spot ''creepy'' and ''bitter'' guys etc. But can some women always separate these bitter and creepy guys and men who are just a bit awkward? The sad reality is that quiet and awkward men are often harshly judged. There is often a perception that they're less intelligent as well. Even the best of us judge people though, so there's no easy solution at times, other than playing to your strengths and trying to improve yourself.

Well it is just a fact of life that if you are shy and awkward you are going to find it hard to make friends and have relationships with women and really the only way to have any friends or women in your life at all is to work hard at it. A guy with goodlooks who is bursting with self-confidence and charm is always going to have women hanging out of him and lots of friends.

The mistake shy and awkward guys make is to run themselves down and at the same time become bitter and jealous of other people.
    That's why one of the ten commandments is "Thou shalt not covet your neighbor's wife." Which is bloody true after all because when you stop coveting you are free.

Elliot Rodger let his fear over take him.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Azwaldo55

I've learned from PUA and dramatically improved my abilities to attract women. For example when you approach a group of women they respond much better when you spread your focus of attention equally amongst the group initially rather than just the woman you are interested in. That's a tactic that most definitely works.

Even if what you claim is true, Elliot Rodger would probably still have gone on a killing spree because of his extreme narcissism. Instead of randomly shooting people he might have focused his rage and anger against women on the unfortunate girl or girls who might have slept with him if he had used supposedly successful PUA strategies.
    According to tradition Jesus was a virgin when he was crucified and he killed nobody.
    Hitler had a relationship with Eva Braun and other women and was a sex symbol for millions of women who sent him adoring letters but he killed tens of millions.
    So having "game" in the case of Hitler or lacking "game" in the case of Jesus does not make someone a better person.
    Ted Bundy was full of rage and hatred of women much like Rodger but he had game which meant he had a higher body count.

The claims of PUA and other snake oil philosophies to be the cure all for a deeper psychological problem are utterly bogus.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Greywolf eating cookies

Azwaldo55 wrote: »
    Even if what you claim is true, Elliot Rodger would probably still have gone on a killing spree because of his extreme narcissism. Instead of randomly shooting people he might have focused his rage and anger against women on the unfortunate girl or girls who might have slept with him if he had used supposedly successful PUA strategies.
    According to tradition Jesus was a virgin when he was crucified and he killed nobody.
    Hitler had a relationship with Eva Braun and other women and was a sex symbol for millions of women who sent him adoring letters but he killed tens of millions.
    So having "game" in the case of Hitler or lacking "game" in the case of Jesus does not make someone a better person.
    Ted Bundy was full of rage and hatred of women much like Rodger but he had game which meant he had a higher body count.

The claims of PUA and other snake oil philosophies to be the cure all for a deeper psychological problem are utterly bogus.

Who said PUA is the cure all for deep psychological problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

MOD

To quote directly from the charter -

"Discussion of Pick-Up-Artists (PUA) methods and techniques are not
    allowed on this forum."

It ends now.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

You were the one you placed on the moral high ground.

What did they do morally wrong? Nothing.

You damaged their self esteem to the point of them feeling vulnerable?

You have got it backwards.

All humans react with low self esteem when abused. That is how abusive relationships work.

It is not that those women like you more ..they liked themselves less.

Your attitude is unrepentant and for some strange reason you blame the women?

That makes no sense.

When you abuse someone it makes a huge deep hole. It creates fear and makes people feel worthless. You did a little of this ...and their natural reaction was to feel for a little while unhappy with themselves.

You did not become what women wanted you damaged them to the extent where they feel they are so low that they are not worthy of their own feelings and of being treated with basic decency.

These people are not your friends. You don't do that to friends. You don't do that to anyone. Not if you have a heart.

You made women feel **** about themselves. They did not think you were a great guy you made them feel bad and made them think they would be luck to have anyone pay them attention.

You were the one being tested not them.

Aswadlo55 said
    The mistake shy and awkward guys make is to run themselves down and at the same time become bitter and jealous of other people.
    That's why one of the ten commandments is "Thou shalt not covet your neighbor's wife." Which is bloody true after all because when you stop coveting you are free.

YES exactly and instead of trying to feel good and working on a healthy positive relationship they focus on trying to make what they covet feel bad.

If I like someone I want them to feel good about themselves. I want a guy who wants ME to feel good about myself. I want a guy who wants the best for me. And I want the same for him.

Even if he does not want me I still want him to feel self worth.

Advertisement