Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirkys Quotes

Options
  • 23-05-2014 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭

Who's first...

(And mabye move to main forum...rookie mistake)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

"I don't mean to sound like a prick but.. "
    my personal favourite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Hard to beat this modest one:

I'm the coolest mother****er around these parts

:rolleyes:

kit3 wrote: »
    Hard to beat this modest one:

I'm the coolest mother****er around these parts

:rolleyes:
    How could I forget that classic! Can I change mine please?

In fairness though, he does show a softer side at times (just don't tell the weather forum):

Phoenix Park on a cool winter's evening, just as the sun set. The orange, steadily dimming light cast shadows on grazing deer roaming the 15 acres. Everything was still and I pulled every tack on loop I know out of the bag in order to stay running. I've lived and ran around the world but there is no better place to run than that park.

Almost brings a tear to your eye..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I thought he was hacked when he wrote the post. I even reported it to the mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

The money was eerrrr aaaarrhhh resting in my account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

"All american sports are played by big jessies - the GAA is where it's at"

Hope I'm doing this right :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

"what a douchebag"

:D He really is a narky git

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GoTheDistance

On the Na Fianna 5KM thread

"Why would anyone here give a flying duck about what your "mate" ran"

BOOM!

ouch .... ;-) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

drquirky wrote:
    Maybe propose a three way to them both? You gotta be in it to win it!!
    Sage advice, from the great Doctor Phil drquirky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Hard to beat 'weathernerds!'

You know, even though Dr Q is obviously infamous in some circles

'Would love to but boards ain't the only site those ****ers banned me from. Blacklisted across the meteorological universe!'

and has come out with the likes of'
    Muppets on the Great Limerick Run FB page moaning about not receiving a medal for a freaking 6 mile run FFS
    and
    I'd rather be American than from ****ing Laois!

I reckon this thread could ruin his street cred as a cranky, narky b***ard when you look at this :

A little empathy does wonders and costs nothing...

Great running!

I'm a little late to the party TBl but excellent running and great report. Great to meet ya as well!

The world is a better place with the two of you in it. Fantastic, positive people. And one hell of a running display on the day as well. Congrats.

Just would like to say. Would never question someone who puts in an honest effort. Not about times at all.

I'm really sorry to laugh but that's one of the funniest stories I've heard in a while...perhaps best to save "eyeballs out" to a race I'd say you made those lads day though! (Hope you feel better soon!)
    :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Man up, Sally

I'd rather be American than from ****ing Laois!

Love this one too. Class:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heel_(professional_wrestling)

You guys should hear me talking to my daughters! (my limited credibility would be gone) :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Getting DRQ to post something nice is a life long achievement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

thewolf_ie wrote: »

Good post, Wolf!!

thewolf_ie wrote: »

I managed it once but had to break my nose to achieve it - bit extreme I know but ......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

I managed it once but had to break my nose to achieve it - bit extreme I know but ......;)

I've even tried running real recovery runs and he didn't even notice. Imagine me running a real recovery. Things a guy will do hay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

this one, from a "where boardsies run?" thread made me chuckle

"Yeah like I'm gonna give a bunch of internet weirdos, many of whom I regularly insult my exact location at various times of day. Count me out on this one."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

A few quotes. Many more out there:

Dr Quirky on Race walking:
    drquirky wrote: »
    I am tabling a motion here in A/R that we move racewalking to the Tri/Adventure Racing forum. I believe that it has more in common with these two novelty events...Anyone know how to insert a poll here?

D

Dr Quirky on Low carb diets for athletes:
    WTF is that post all about- am I supposed to be impressed that you know what some d bag tri coach thinks? You have no idea who I know or don't (not that it matters at all). You are making my point for me- the "low carb" diet is only applicable for people who want to jog really long races- fair enough- I have plenty of respect for the endurance that they achieve I just don't really think its on par w/ serious running so to speak.

On Enduro’s endorsement of low carb diet for athletes:
    That post makes an awful lot of pretty stupid assumptions. TBH man if you wanna win the contest for longest amount of time spent not eating while on an 86 hour jog/ kayak/bareback horse ride through the only undiscovered part of the Amazon then fair play- hell you can even call yourself "world champion" at that, if you wish - but don't expect me to think that your strategy for doing it constitutes sound advise on an "Athletics" forum.

Who can forget this little beaut ref people drinking Blue Moon/Moosehead lager in the beermile:
    Blue Moon is piss made by the same Nazi sympathising company that brought you Coors. I picked up a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon 12 oz, 355 ml bottles in Redmonds in Ranelagh for 15 Euros today. I might not be running but at least I'll be timing you guys drinking a proper man's beer not some Canadian piss named after the oddest looking animal on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Excellent work meno. He really has had some beauties :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

There was an absolute quality rant a few months ago directed at Gareth Brooks. I must look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Am I just a snobby, judgemental New England prick who hates the South and the culture wars they've brought my country? Probably but as my tunes skipped around from the Clash to Tribe Called Quest back to Guided by Voices and Nas, I realised something- music has historically been something that pushes barriers/ breaks down doors, gives the establishment a good kick in the ass when it needs it. From rag time to jazz to son to punk, reggae and hip hop good music is thoughtful and pushes your brain to think of different people, places and ideas. Garth Brooks is the exact opposite to everything I've described. He is the voice of being "careful now" -he is safe, he represents god and guns and the good old USA and traditional values- the Iona Institute homophobes love him. Needless to say I snapped out of it, my ears jarred by the sharp punk rock tones of a song called "i'm dating Louise Woodward" by the Showcase Showdown, I forgot about Garth and picked up the pace as a big **** you to his big fat stupid cowboy hat and everything it stands for.

What the hell does this have to do with running? Why is it in my log? Well, its my ****ing log so that answers question 2 and question 1 is easy- distance running, racing, hard training and the like sure as hell ain't easy, safe and careful. Every day we go out there and run, we are affirming that there is something different about us. Every time you feel the pain of a hard rep you are giving the metaphorical finger to our contemporary culture of 20min gym, skyrocketing obesity and a lazy, sheep like society. I know this sounds adversarial but sometimes on long runs, my mind wanders and it can be really good to connect with what motivates me….

So- to say **** you to Garth Brooks and all his ilk, I lace 'em up everyday. Thank you for listening to my rant…. normal service will return tomorrow biggrin.png

Quality:D:D:D

I miss that Quirky fellow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thread locked.
    Re-regged account banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement