Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOS Scopetronic Homeguard SOS

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have spare zones on the panel you should split the sensors up as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭squidgyimp

Hi KoolKid. Yeah thought that but just say in my scenario where I have the two kitchen windows in close proximity to each other, would I use the method in section 2.5 or 2.3 as already used up four zones with exterior doors ie, front, back, patio and garage ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its really down to what way the wiring is. If you have loads of single cables back at the panel series in the ones you want together on the same zone.
    If there are others seriesed in already separate them if you have zones to spare.
    My Ideal solution for 6 zones in a standard house would be
    1 front door
    2 Lounge & hall or WC
    3 Kitchen & back area
    4 Upstairs
    5 PiR
    6 Panic button(s)

If there was no PiR then split upstairs into front & back if possible.

Hi KoolKid, yeah something like I was thinking. Don't have panic button so will use this zone for garage/wc. As it stands I only need/want to put the kitchen sensors in series, the rest can be put separate.
    All sensors have a cable with red, black, blue and yellow available at rear of panel plus there's an extra five cables presumably for pir's and smoke alarm. Don't see anywhere for panic button in the house.

Can you explain to me what it means in section 2.3 about end of line wiring. Do I need to use this method with resistors or am I ok using standard series wiring ?. Also would I be better using the securewatch id sensor setup as its the kitchen sensors ( 2 windows and back kitchen door ).

Thanks

You can wire them in series without any end of line resistors. That would be the easiest way for you to go at this for now.

• Advertisement

Thanks KoolKid.
    Will finish her off tomorrow and fully arm her.
    Will let you know how she goes.

Hi, Well the systems been up and running now a few hours and all seems to be ok. Done a walk test in all zones prior to arming (inertia, contact, tamper and set times for E/E) and no faults reported. Currently still have her armed.
    (happy days) :)

I was in one of my local electrical merchants earlier to get quotes on replacement sensors and this is what they had;
    HKC wired inertia/contact = €13 + vat, HKC wired PIR = €14 + vat, PYRONIX wired = €12 + vat.
    (prices slightly rounded off).

Are these prices any good and is the PYRONIX better than the HKC PIR.

Thanks.

Prices are OK.
    My personal preference would be Pyronix.

Thanks KoolKid. The Pyronix do look quite smart

And the HKC inertia's or would I be better off with the GS 711's ?

Nothing wrong with either , but my personal preference here would be the 711s
    Much sleeker looking IMO.

• Advertisement

Yeah the HKC ones are similar to the GS 613's but the GS 711's are a lot more stylish.

There is a couple more wholesalers I can try to see if what they have and hopefully one of them might have the GS 711s.

If you have any problems getting them give me a shout. I can source them for you.

Ok thanks

Hi KoolKid, just dropping you a line to say that its been nearly a week now and alarm still going good so once again THANK YOU for all you did.

Not able to get new sensors just yet but will definitely be in touch if I'm unable to get the GS 711s.

Regards

Advertisement