Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Nissan Pulsar for Europe

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

It needs to be better than the i30, or else cheap like a Dacia. I don't think it will be either.

It needs to be better than the i30, or else cheap like a Dacia. I don't think it will be either.

I think the Pulsar interior is nicer than the I30 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

This will definitely be an option for me next year.

Nissan%2BPulsar%2BNismo%2B02.jpg

Nissan%2BPulsar%2BNismo%2B03.jpg

Nissan%2BPulsar%2BNismo%2B04.jpg

Nissan%2BPulsar%2BNismo%2B09.jpg
    Nissan%2BPulsar%2BNismo%2B13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Man, that looks mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I'm guessing it will have proper power, judging by those brakes anyway :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If the base car was good looking to begin with they'd have had a home run.

BMJD wrote: »
    I'm guessing it will have proper power, judging by those brakes anyway :cool:

Talks of a nismo pulsar 1.8T - 260 bhp
    and a Pulsar R with 280bhp.

I actually sat in the bade model today and it was not half bad at all.
    Was hugely surprised with the leg room in the back once I settled the drivers seat to my liking.
    Definitely more room than the back in my Octavia.

Nothing wrong with the Base car TBH,

Certainly better looking than a Golf.

Nothing wrong with the Base car TBH,

Certainly better looking than a Golf.

Looked at one side by side with a Focus today and have to say the Focuse looked wider from door to door.
    No shortage of space inside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

What id be more wondering is will the actual car be able to compete (as the sporty model) with the likes of Golf Gti as a drivers car.

Btw - for anyone whose not seen one in the flesh yet - I personally think it looks nicer in the flesh.

• Advertisement

Old diesel wrote: »
    What id be more wondering is will the actual car be able to compete (as the sporty model) with the likes of Golf Gti as a drivers car.

Btw - for anyone whose not seen one in the flesh yet - I personally think it looks nicer in the flesh.

well for starters it would need about twice the power. 115 hp just isn't enough.

The 1.2 petrol looks very impressive as a bog engine though.

well for starters it would need about twice the power. 115 hp just isn't enough.

The 1.2 petrol looks very impressive as a bog engine though.

Was referring to the Nismo concept above - someone mentioned something about a 1.8 260 bhp turbo on that

Apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Was referring to the Nismo concept above - someone mentioned something about a 1.8 260 bhp turbo on that

Apologies

As far as know there is talks of around 260 and 280 in the nismo versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

BMJD wrote: »
    It looks alright to me, I can't help thinking that it's main rivals will be the Nissans Note and Juke though, rather than making inroads into Focus/i30/Ce'ed etc.

That makes absolutely no sense as its not even in the same class as the Note let alone price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Sat in one today and was reasonably impressed, it's a revolution compared to the Tiida but then that's not hard.
    But if I was given the choice of an Auris for similar money it would be a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Looks like a nice car but imo Nissan have really lost a hell of a lot of market share its like they have failed to keep up with the times ( tida ) and using Renault engines :mad: I think they are a long way from Toyota in terms of style and reliability

I used to love the old Nissans and some of the old stock like the patrol and the old sunny where great for there time..

Well they just got it wrong with the Tiida and took too long to come up with the Pulsar. I know a guy would have bought one at the beginning of the year but instead went and bought an i30 after owning Nissan for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've seen one in the flesh this week and can't believe how accepting people are of it.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've seen one in the flesh this week and can't believe how accepting people are of it.

I hear you.

To look at them in pictures they aren't anything special.

I did GENUINELY think they worked better in the flesh and aren't a bad looking thing.

But I can certainly see why the styling doesn't work for many others.

I think the driving position is excellent though.

As for Tiidas - i regularly have the option these days of driving an 08 one of those with something like 70 or 80 k kilometres - 1.5 dci - or a 99 Corolla 2.0 diesel with 180,000 miles.

Id always pick the Corolla out of the 2 tbh - much nicer car imo

• Advertisement

The Tiida was an embarassing failure for Nissan. The one I was in was a higher spec model but I imagine the majority sold here will be entry level so no alloys or anything.

Advertisement