Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Nissan Pulsar for Europe

Options

Comments

It's not bad, no worse looking than a boring Golf.

While checking out the Leaf MK 1.5 in Windsor a few months ago I took a peek at the new Quashqai and was pleasantly surprised at the interior quality, it was a nice place to sit and I'd have no hesitations buying ( a leccy ) one haha.

The Interior of the Pulsar isn't bad looking either.

Don't think it's anything to do with any future Leaf though that will be a completely new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Caliden wrote: »
    If only they were available in that spec!

Would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a golf gti that's for sure.

Have you seen the price of the Juke Nismo? I doubt it would be much if any cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Have you seen the price of the Juke Nismo? I doubt it would be much if any cheaper!

Juke nismo is cheaper than the new vrs octy.
    if the pulsar gti or whatever it will be is cheaper again then they could be on a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

vectra wrote: »
    Juke nismo is cheaper than the new vrs octy.
    if the pulsar gti or whatever it will be is cheaper again then they could be on a winner.

The Juke is a smaller car though, I'd put money on a basic one of these being more than a basic Juke and if that's the case it will be reflected as you move up the range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would predict that we won't get anything other than 1.2 petrols and 1.5 diesels.

• Advertisement

Jesus. wrote: »
    Mad Lad, what do think of the price of the work I just had done:

I put my yoke through the test a couple of weeks ago and she failed on a shock and steering rod (also I had one winter and one summer tyre on the front and a back seatbelt clip was stuck under the chair).

I went to the Polish lads near Airside Swords to get it fixed and they discovered the mount for the shocks was busted too. So two shocks, two rods and the mount were done for 440 quid.

Do you think that was a fair price?

(The car has since passed the second time no problem

That's a bit out of the Blue in this thread don't ye think Jesus ? :D

I don't think 440 would be too bad considering 2 new shocks, rods, mounts and probably had to to the wheel alignment again. Then again I wouldn't expect more from a main dealer.

You're driving a laguna ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

That's a bit out of the Blue in this thread don't ye think Jesus ? :DI don't think 440 would be too bad considering 2 new shocks, rods, mounts and probably had to to the wheel alignment again. Then again I wouldn't expect more from a main dealer.You're driving a laguna ?

I had to ask you cos Colm wouldn't answer me :P

Yeah, they had to align them up alright. Yes its a Laguna but I've always found those chaps to be honest. They had the parts they took out and showed me exactly where they were worn, cracked etc. I get a good vibe from the place.

They said the timing belt is due. I haven't a clue as to whether it was ever replaced as the service book is patchy to say the least. She's just gone over 103k miles so if it ain't been done it sure is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would predict that we won't get anything other than 1.2 petrols and 1.5 diesels.

If th 1.6 turbo petrol wasn't too mad I might be tempted. It would want to be goov value compared to the Octavia VRS / Leon FR as it would hardly be equal to the GTi/ST/Hot Megane in the power dept.

ianobrien wrote: »
    If th 1.6 turbo petrol wasn't too mad I might be tempted. It would want to be goov value compared to the Octavia VRS / Leon FR as it would hardly be equal to the GTi/ST/Hot Megane in the power dept.

I am thinking exactly as you are.
    My mind would be made up when i see how it "Mis - behaves" when the go pedal is buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

1.2? That absolutely ancient (albeit well proven) Clio lump that Renault refuse to let die!?

• Advertisement

1.2? That absolutely ancient (albeit well) proven Clio lump that Renault refuse to let die!?

With a turbo and VVT and direct injection and stuff

With a turbo and VVT and direct injection and stuff

Ah, that one. While the original 1.2 Tce was a retrofitting exercise done on the ordinary 1.2 16v clio engine, the current one, with the rest, is a new unit again. Tbf, the 0.9 -1.4 Tce engines are doing fairly well. Fellas are trying to tell me theyre too complicated and can only be trouble but they're still simpler, with less parts and systems than current diesels! Albeit by a somewhat smaller margin now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

The 1.6 turbo petrol is 190 hp ..

noelf wrote: »
    The 1.6 turbo petrol is 190 hp ..

I think somebody mentioned a 212 or 220 as well,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Bloody hell, how much do you want from a wee 1.6?!!

Bloody hell, what do you want from a wee 1.6?!!

BMW got over 1,100 from a 1.5 one time:D.

In all seriousness though, while I dont actively dislike small, high output engines, I think 200hp is pushing it a bit!

Edit: It was 1,400:eek:

A guy in the UK had a 1.8 vag at 600bhp :pac:

vectra wrote: »
    A guy in the UK had a 1.8 vag at 600bhp :pac:

For about 8 seconds:D

For about 8 seconds:D

Nope
    Another guy has one at 430 and uses it almost daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Well, Ford are getting 190ish from a 1.6 in the Fiesta and 250hp from a 2.0 is the Focus. That's only 125hp/litre (approx) so Nissan should be able to get that. (A JDM Pulsar - model unknown had similar power from a 1.6 n/a engine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The Merc A series AMG gets 355 bhp from a 2.0 turbo, that's a road car you can buy and run yourself (if you have €58K to spend on a fwd hatchback).

Ah Jaysis, I wasn't even on that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Nismo render doing the rounds too
    nissan-pulsar-nismo-looks-ready-to-fight-a-golf-gti-81646-7.jpg
    The Merc A series AMG gets 355 bhp from a 2.0 turbo, that's a road car you can buy and run yourself (if you have €58K to spend on a fwd hatchback).

Certain US civics are getting that All motor on B Series engines, bottle fed allright but turbo variants are getting well over double that , in saying that the merc would be a nicer place to be :D if you like that kinda thing, oh and it would definitely put the power down better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I haven't seen a new Juke on any 13* or 141 plate yet. Are they still selling then? They sold well at the start?

Can we not agree on how gammy this car looks? The same thing happened when the tiida was first seen.

Can we not agree on how gammy this car looks? The same thing happened when the tiida was first seen.
    I'm with you, it looks shyte no matter what engine it has and it will only sell to people who regard an Auris as adventurous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Im liking the sportier variants
    Nissan-Pulsar-Nismo-2_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

even the JDM Saloon 4 dr is nice
    Pulsar-Nismo-19.jpg

Pity it will be mostly base model poverty spec here

Honda Civic meets 308 anyone?

Sorry not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

VZR N1 model please!
    In the 90's it was NA and 200ps, they should shoot for 250 turbo now. :D

I've seen a fair few Juke Nismos around, I see two in Tallaght regular enough anyway, no reason at all we wouldn't get the 1.6 turbo seeing as we already get it in their two main sellers? :confused:

Like how it looks in black and the sportier variants.
    Is also ****e talking to say this will be boring when it's basically the new Megane, everyone loves the sporty Meganes.

• Advertisement

I don't mean boring it just looking w@nk and nobody buys HOT Jap crap new here let alone French stuff of similar equivalent.

If they did we'd have Renaultspurts and GT86's everywhere, which we should.

Advertisement