Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delonghi Bean to Cup coffee machine £199

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm not derailing the thread, but this might be of benefit to the previous poster and any other people who've bought the coffee machines...

AwL1VzO.jpg

Apparently this is totally incorrect, so I've removed it. Thanks for the info @Alun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭emo72

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm not derailing the thread, but this might be of benefit to the previous poster and any other people who've bought the coffee machines...
    It's not right though ... most of Dublin and Wicklow gets it's water from Roundwood, which comes down from the Wicklow Mts., which is about as soft as it gets. I've never descaled my machine in 3 years in Bray. Only in some parts of North Dublin that gets it's water from underground aquifers is hard.

Basically if you get limescale in your kettle, you'll get it in your coffee machine.

That map comes from a site selling water softeners, 'nuff said!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Alun wrote: »
    It's not right though ... most of Dublin and Wicklow gets it's water from Roundwood, which comes down from the Wicklow Mts., which is about as soft as it gets. I've never descaled my machine in 3 years in Bray. Only in some parts of North Dublin that gets it's water from underground aquifers is hard.

Basically if you get limescale in your kettle, you'll get it in your coffee machine.

That map comes from a site selling water softeners, 'nuff said!

I have to agree with this. Water in Dublin is baby's bum soft. My sister is in Offaly, where water is exact opposite. The map makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Just ordered the black version for £199, delighted and cannot wait to get coffeed up next week! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Bell Lane have 20% off beans for November with NOV20% code if anyone is looking for some to try out - no affiliation just a happy customer and I am using them in my Delonghi bean to cup at the emoment (though I buy from a range of different roasters).

http://belllane.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

Bell Lane have 20% off beans for November with NOV20% code if anyone is looking for some to try out - no affiliation just a happy customer and I am using them in my Delonghi bean to cup at the emoment (though I buy from a range of different roasters).

http://belllane.ie/

I always found there postage expensive but if they have an offer its worh it. Nice beans. The Delonghi really is a decent machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Glebee wrote: »
    I always found there postage expensive but if they have an offer its worh it. Nice beans. The Delonghi really is a decent machine.

Me too but they seem to have reduced their postage - I only got charged €3.80 for 4 bags which is reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Yeah - delivery sounds ok.

Hawkers tried to charge me stg£7 to deliver a pair of sunglasses !!@ Crooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I bought the original bargain alert back in 2014.

I was cleaning the machine this morning and managed to damage the piston.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get spare parts for these machines in a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin? They are available on-line from UK, but i kinda need it for Saturday.

Advertisement