Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delonghi Bean to Cup coffee machine £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Thanks OP.

Was going to buy one a few weeks ago when it came up in a thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057173350

Anyway, I procrastinated too long and the price went back up.

Though I can't see any differences it would appear that this is a slightly dearer model?

Can't wait to have nice espressos at the touch of a button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I have the other one that was on bargain alerts. I ordered it on a Monday night and had it by Thursday morning. It was sent by DHL for no extra cost. Its a pretty good much. its a little bit noisey, but the espresso is really good. It has a proper crema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Bought this OP - thanks for the heads up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

hfallada wrote: »
    I have the other one that was on bargain alerts. I ordered it on a Monday night and had it by Thursday morning. It was sent by DHL for no extra cost. Its a pretty good much. its a little bit noisey, but the espresso is really good. It has a proper crema

Is this a better machine than the previous one on BA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭emo72

are yous 204.99 sterling with vat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Barr wrote: »
    Is this a better machine than the previous one on BA ?
    it's a newer model afaik and lighter.

I have the ECAM22320SB and i'm delighted with it. the only real difference is the electronic display/buttons and that mine is a more compact one as (thanks to harvey norman) when i went to look at them the older ESAM models are pretty big. 3300+ shots served since mid-december, so it's getting well used! :D

I also think the newer ones have a nicer finish. it's still silver plastic, but i find it less plasticky looking than the older models.

my only real gripe is that there's no way to program them to do a big bucket of coffee, you're limited to two shots at a time, whichever model you go for, which as a major coffee addict is a bit disappointing for me, but they all seem to be the same. :(

also, don't forget to get yourself a jug and thermometer for frothing milk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

emo72 wrote: »
    are yous 204.99 sterling with vat?

Yep. Comes to £204.99 when you add/buy it. I didn't know why so queried it and it comes down to differences in VAT rates. I would have thought however that the VAT would be charged in country which is selling rather than where it is being bought. Anyway, went ahead with purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jonathanj1234

Thanks for the heads up, I bought one too. My first bean to cup machine so I hope the quality is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

JustMac wrote: »
    Yep. Comes to £204.99 when you add/buy it. I didn't know why so queried it and it comes down to differences in VAT rates. I would have thought however that the VAT would be charged in country which is selling rather than where it is being bought. Anyway, went ahead with purchase.

Irish VAT is 23% and UK is 20%. Once a company has a X amount of turnover from one country in the EU, it most pay tax to the destinations Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Thanks for the heads up, I bought one too. My first bean to cup machine so I hope the quality is good.
    pretty much all the delonghi ones are good, you're just paying for extra features rather than a better brew. :)

there's youtube vids to guide you to get the best out of most of the machines anyway, your biggest job is going to be finding beans you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I bought this one also for £199 when it came up here in bargain alerts about a month ago. Look at those reviews :D

Delighted with it. Have already used 3kg of beans

I followed the advice of someone in the other alert and bought Sumatra Mandheling beans from here. €49.99 for 4kg of beans is not the cheapest around, but it really is very good coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Cheers OP, just got two. Worked out at €261.15 per machine with the 'free' delivery. The delivery cost €5 to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Tempted. For those of you who bought the ESAM4200 on the previous BA, can you spot any real differences between that and the ESAM04.110.S?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thanks OP - just purchased!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

unkel wrote: »
    I followed the advice of someone in the other alert and bought Sumatra Mandheling beans from here. €49.99 for 4kg of beans is not the cheapest around, but it really is very good coffee!

I picked a kg of the same beans up on the same recommendation, and they really are very good. I got a bag of their Temple Bar (cheapest) beans as well, and the difference between the two really is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

How would one make an Americano with this? Make an espresso and add hot water?

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Tempted. For those of you who bought the ESAM4200 on the previous BA, can you spot any real differences between that and the ESAM04.110.S?

Go on .................spill the beans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

SeanyMc22 wrote: »

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Are these easy to clean and maintain?

Is it quick to make a coffee?

im very interested in getting one! Thanks

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I picked a kg of the same beans up on the same recommendation, and they really are very good. I got a bag of their Temple Bar (cheapest) beans as well, and the difference between the two really is astounding.

Which beans are you saying that are superior?

• Advertisement

Which beans are you saying that are superior?

The Sumatran beans. I'm still finishing off the bag of Temple Bar, but much preferred the Sumatran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Are these easy to clean and maintain?

Is it quick to make a coffee?

im very interested in getting one! Thanks

Yes to all questions.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    The Sumatran beans. I'm still finishing off the bag of Temple Bar, but much preferred the Sumatran.

I must give them a try. I got the beans from Temple Bar as well and didn't think they were the best to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I must give them a try. I got the beans from Temple Bar as well and didn't think they were the best to be honest.

The Sumatran beans are only available in 4kg at the moment.
    1 kg bags are sold out - anyone know another site that might sell these??

Would love to try them out but don't want to go all out for 4kgs!

keith_d99 wrote: »

That's a pity - I was going to order this week as well. Here's hoping they come back in before the week is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

keith_d99 wrote: »

But you need to spend €50 to get the free shipping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So is the coffee out of these hot or does it need microwave help like others? Do you add water for an Americano or is that an automated option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

So is the coffee out of these hot or does it need microwave help like others? Do you add water for an Americano or is that an automated option?
    If you scroll down the page on the Amazon listing there is a table which shows that there is no hot water option for an Americano.

Would also like to hear how hot you can make the coffee with this model.

I have a 6 year old version of the previous model and that is the biggest bug bear that I have with it, the coffee is just about warm enough if you drink it black but if you add cold milk it needs microwaving.

I know from reviews of this model that you can adjust the coffee temperature by means of a series of button presses but can't find any reference as to how hot you can make the coffee.

My old machine is about to die and having looked around this is by far the best value available in a reasonably decent beans to cup machine.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

If you want a mug of coffee out of any espresso machine you have to top up with hot water. If you fill a mug the coffee can over heat and give a burnt taste. It is best to pour a double espesso and top up with boiling water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

One of the two I ordered arrived this morning (ordered on 20/5), thanks again OP.

Advertisement