Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragic yet worrying scenes in waterford last night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Would you agree if I said that this guy didn't deserve to die for what he and his friends were allegedly doing?

I would not have executed this man for his actions, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Nino Brown wrote: »
    None of us can prove anything. If you think the media are making all of this up, why did you open the thread with a link to a media article?

Please look at the context I posted that statement.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Zulu wrote: »
    Oh right, argument fails, and now you're looking for something to be appalled at, is it?

Now that is pathetic!

Wait, my argument hasn't failed at all. I merely asked a question.

Out of interest, same question to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Right though I shouldn't have to I'll explain this very simply.

Onto the main page of the site I see an article about this incident in Dungarvan which I read about this morning being described as a "tragedy". I came here in wonder how this was the case.

Because I questioned the title doesn't mean I care, I still don't,

Understand chief?
    This wasnt aimed at you - you didnt say you were indifferent, its clear you are enjoying yourself. You looking forward to the next death so you can come back and tell the internet how you dont care?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

drumswan wrote: »
    This wasnt aimed at you - you didnt say you were indifferent, its clear you are enjoying yourself. You looking forward to the next death so you can come back and tell the internet how you dont care?

For someone so out raged by the speculation in this thread, the irony in this post is amazing

• Advertisement

For someone so out raged by the speculation in this thread, the irony in this post is amazing
    Same question to you Doctor. You seem to be taking the most pleasure so i'll ask you.

Would you agree if I said that this guy didn't deserve to die for what he and his friends were allegedly doing?

Hi Doctor.

I'm intereste din what your answer to this would be, if you'd like to answer? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

This is a broader discussion than the death of this man, there was a Garda attacked, in his own home by a gang of criminals.
    If you don't think I should be in the thread, report it, but as long as I'm here I will continue to discuss my feelings, be they anger, joy, or indifference.

Im not outraged Doctor, I just think the keyboard warrior stuff is pathetic. Its a reflection of the same sort of bleating posters who spend their days whining about how afraid they are of teenagers wearing tracksuit bottoms in the city, cowering on the end of their internet connections cheering for a victory for the "good guys". Baaaa!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Octavianus

Please put forward a version of events that would be more plausible at this moment in time

Anything could have happened. I don't know and it's very clear you don't.
    He might have been there to terrorise and cause trouble along with his mates and probably was but we don't know.
    You've already judged this guy and deemed him guilty without any evidence whatsoever. That's extremely ignorant and small minded.

This is a broader discussion than the death of this man, there was a Garda attacked, in his own home by a gang of criminals.
    If you don't think I should be in the thread, report it, but as long as I'm here I will continue to discuss my feelings, be they anger, joy, or indifference.

A gang of criminals.Your not dramatizing it much or anything are ya.

• Advertisement

Octavianus wrote: »
    Anything could have happened. I don't know and it's very clear you don't.
    He might have been there to terrorise and cause trouble along with his mates and probably was but we don't know.
    You've already judged this guy and deemed him guilty without any evidence whatsoever. That's extremely ignorant and small minded.

The fact that he was in a such a hurry to get over a fence that he managed to kill himself would suggest that he thought he was guilty too.

He wasnt in his home, he was outside, he went out to confront the yobs according to RTE. Breaking news are claiming it was a coincidence that they were there and that the house was a Gardas. One of the blokes was killed while fleeing, things are a million miles from the black and white picture you are dying to accept.

Hi Doctor.

I'm intereste din what your answer to this would be, if you'd like to answer? :)

Hello Mr. Stuffins, finally a direct question in between the s***e the rest are spouting.

Did he deserve to die? - No, not for that. Though I do believe it is justified for serious crimes.

Do I care he died - No, not at all.

Do I care that someones home was attached in the middle of the night - Yes very much so.

Am I getting "pleasure" from this - No, see how I feel about caring he died.

Does that answer your question Mr. Stuffins?

Hello Mr. Stuffins, finally a direct question in between the s***e the rest are spouting.

Did he deserve to die? - No, not for that. Though I do believe it is justified for serious crimes.

Do I care he died - No, not at all.

Do I care that someones home was attached in the middle of the night - Yes very much so.

Am I getting "pleasure" from this - No, see how I feel about caring he died.

Does that answer your question Mr. Stuffins?

It does indeed The Doctor. Thank you

The fact that he was in a such a hurry to get over a fence that he managed to kill himself would suggest that he thought he was guilty too.

I just face-palmed so hard I think I ruptured my eye socket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

As long as you don't try to blame the Gardaí somehow, you have my sympathy.

lighterman wrote: »
    A gang of criminals.Your not dramatizing it much or anything are ya.

Just based on what they were doing last night, they are criminals, violent criminals. But lets wait and see what comes out in the next few days, I guarantee you this won't have been their first time!

Self inflicted. No sympathy

As long as you don't try to blame the Gardaí somehow, you have my sympathy.
    Do you think its worth investigating the chaps death?

It suggests he was worried about being caught, not that he did anything.
    Again, he probably did but the fact that he ran does not prove he was guilty of anything.

The first reports of this story suggested that the house was targeted because a member of the Gardai lived there but we now know that isn't true

• Advertisement

Do you think its worth investigating the chaps death?

Every death has to be investigated. What sort of a question is that

Self inflicted. No sympathy

Your very opinionated for a young lad

Octavianus wrote: »
    It suggests he was worried about being caught, not that he did anything.
    Again, he probably did but the fact that he ran does not prove he was guilty of anything.

The first reports of this story suggested that the house was targeted because a member of the Gardai lived there but we now know that isn't true

To me I dont see any difference if they were outside a civilians house, glassed the occupant and ran and one of them died.

lighterman wrote: »
    Your very opinionated for a young lad

Why thank you, I hate people who just follow the crowd

To me I dont see any difference if they were outside a civilians house, glassed the occupant and ran and one of them died.

I think you missed the point

Every death has to be investigated. What sort of a question is that

Well its hard to know with you Daily Mail types where you'll draw the line

There is a difference between glassing someone and throwing something which happened to be a bottle

Whats a Daily Mail type? It's not one I read

What's with the daily mail references? I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I do, if they have anything worth while to challenge on. So far all I've heard is circle jerking blah blah blah, high horse blah blah

And the rest you've conveniently filtered out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement