Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: May 16th 2014

Options
  • 15-05-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Ooh baby, baby what can I do?

You know you drive me crazy when I'm looking at you

The summer's really here and it's time to come out

Time to discover what fun is about ...

Here comes the Summer !!

Oh yeah, nearly there now. Only a few weeks to go until the circus departs Donnybrook and goes on its mystery tour until September. The Undertones aren't on the show, that's just a preamble to the warmup of the introduction.

We begin with this week's Cat and Dog, Pwditat and Terfel

As Terfel, a dog who lives in Wales, aged, his eyes became blurred by cataracts. Eventually he became completely blind. Terfel's owner, Judy Godfrey-Brown, said he had a hard time adjusting; he walked into walls and became afraid to move around the house. When Godfrey-Brown invited a stray cat into her home, it was like the answer to a prayer. The new cat, named Pwditat immediately became a guide for Terfel. The cat uses her paws to guide Terfel around the house and into the garden for some fresh air. The two animals became inseparable, and even sleep together.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/56760/8-heroic-cats

Everybody saw awwwwww

There will be guest information to follow in due course.

Hopefully.

Update !

Who wants to see Des Bishop? ... don't all shout at once ... well, he is here to talk about his year in China and plug his upcoming shows and all that.

Economist David McWilliams is back on the show to discuss the all new Property Bubble.
    Dolores Keogh "an Irish woman who discovered that her sister and brother were actually her mother and father. Now in her 50s, Dolores wants to share her story, and will be giving her first broadcast interview in which she will reveal how she came to learn the truth about her family."

Pole Dancing! - World Champion Pole Dancers Terri Walsh & Lisette Krol will be doing their thing.

English Singer Songwriter Emma Stevens makes her live television debut

Martin Finn, who appeared on the BBC3 show 'Autistic Superstars' will be on. He is unable to talk in full sentences but he has an astonishing recall of songs which he performs note perfectly in clubs.

A performance from Mary Lowe, The High Kings, Mary Byrne and Rebecca Storm to publicise the upcoming tribute concert for the late Gerry Sinnott.

Stylist Lisa Fitzpatrick has a diet book out, she will be plugging that.

That's all for now, if any more information becomes available it will be posted here.

If its Sunny where you are, go out and enjoy it and come back in for the LLS at 9.40pm :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,264 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

If there are no decent guests, somebody is going to have their legs broken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Hallelujah!.............:)

"The Donald" (as "The Sean" likes to call "The Walking Fly-in Wig") should be due a quickie interview with a fawning Gilmore and 29 Vestal Virgins in red dresses at his/both of their feet (not simultaneously, obviously!) playing lullabies should make for an interesting line up.......I hope.................Yeah.............

:)

Anyway, how are ye all??.......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Here come the guests ...

Fresh from his latest adventure in China, comedian Des Bishop will be revealing all about his experience and how the Chinese audience responded to his first gig there.

Also appearing on the show will be Dolores Keogh, an Irish woman who discovered that her sister and brother were actually her mother and father. Now in her 50s, Dolores wants to share her story, and will be giving her first broadcast interview in which she will reveal how she came to learn the truth about her family.

And Emma Stevens will sing. Emma is an English Singer who has never been on TV before. She's really excited, she describes the LLS as an "incredibly prestigious show that has been running for, like, decades"

http://rsvpmagazine.ie/des-bishop-among-guests-weeks-late-late/

If there are no decent guests, somebody is going to have their legs broken :)

Ah well.

Ha Skid,

RTE must have seen your OP and ran to "soothe all our troubles away"......

Or

#Somesuchlike....

When is WM handing out the punishment deserved??.....:o

Just in case I need a handy fiver for a bag of stones....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,639 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did China kick out Des already?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I wish someone would keep him.......

There's an opening in Outer Mongolia I hear.......:pac:

He is most welcome.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He was watching the LLS online a few weeks ago and was devastated that Christy Moore didn't use his appearance to pontificate to us about the evils of drink ...

So he decided he would have to come back and do it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

What's wrong with Des? I find his Breaking China program incredible! Very inspiring, to be able to learn Chinese and do stand up comedy in ten months is something else.

Beau wrote: »
    What's wrong with Des? I find his Breaking China program incredible! Very inspiring, to be able to learn Chinese and do stand up comedy in ten months is something else.

I agree.

It is an incredible challenge to do the above.

They need him more than we do.

I'm prepared to make this sacrifice.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I thought this was finished for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,639 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Beau wrote: »

If I can read the menu that is enough of the language for me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Skid X wrote: »

Who wants to see Des Bishop? ... don't all shout at once ... well, he is here to talk about his year in China and plug his upcoming shows and all that.

As my father would say "wouldn't it be more in his line now, to plug that show in China?"

The kitteh and doggeh story was very cute and heartwarming:).

cofy wrote: »
    As my father would say "wouldn't it be more in his line now, to plug that show in China?"

Ha!.......

As if we would get away with it as Des has a "love in" with RTE........:mad:

Des breaks wind in Swahili and RTE runs to cover it.......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hallelujah!.............:)

"The Donald" (as "The Sean" likes to call "The Walking Fly-in Wig") should be due a quickie interview with a fawning Gilmore and 29 Vestal Virgins in red dresses at his/both of their feet (not simultaneously, obviously!) playing lullabies should make for an interesting line up.......I hope.................Yeah.............

:)

Anyway, how are ye all??.......

Bird-with-Donald-Trump-Hair-Goes-Viral-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Ha!.......

As if we would get away with it as Des has a "love in" with RTE........:mad:

Des breaks wind in Swahili and RTE runs to cover it.......:P

I believe that programme is in the Autumn schedule :D.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I believe that programme is in the Autumn schedule :D.

Must get the roofer in to double fix the tiles so Lynn!!........:D:D:D

***crosses fingers and "whatnot"***........:o

Bird-with-Donald-Trump-Hair-Goes-Viral-2.jpg

The "walking-fly-in-wig"............:D:D:D

I see what you did there AD!........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 72,264 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I thought this was finished for the summer.

May 30th. the LLS breaks up for the summer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

If there are no decent guests, somebody is going to have their legs broken

fallingdown.jpg

I must remember to wear a Bullet Proof Vest next time I pass Montrose........

• Advertisement

David McWilliams is on tonight. I'm not sure why but I do agree with his comments on Donald Trump

"Jaysus the al fresco arse kissing of Donald Trump would make you want to puke! Whats happening to us?"

David McWilliams is on tonight. I'm not sure why but I do agree with his comments on Donald Trump

"Jaysus the al fresco arse kissing of Donald Trump would make you want to puke! Whats happening to us?"

:D

It's like the Yanks coming back to save us...........Have ye no loyal-ity for your USA cousins sending us back MFA (Money from America) to feed the childers.......

Wiggy will be getting the Freedom of the Entire Country at this rate......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

May 30th. the LLS breaks up for the World Cup :)

FYP, as the kids say.

Now, eh...*lowers voice*...I...I like Des Bishop.

There, I've said it.

Can you get banned for saying things like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Now, eh...*lowers voice*...I...I like Des Bishop.

There, I've said it.

Can you get banned for saying things like that?

I don't mind Des, although RTE do seem to give him a lot of airtime. Still, if it was a choice between him and Hector O Thingummybob, I'd watch Des gladly.

At least all the guests this week seem to alive ... and none of them are more lively than Terri Walsh & Lisette Krol ... they are the reigning World Pole Dance Doubles Champions, no less.

Here you go ...

At least all the guests this week seem to alive

:D:D:D

I will hold you to that Skid!!!!.........:D:D:D:eek:

:D:D:D

I will hold you to that Skid!!!!.........:D:D:D:eek:

I hope they all make it through the show in one piece

9000.jpg

Congratulations on your 9,000th post :):):)

I hope they all make it through the show in one piece

9000.jpg

Congratulations on your 9,000th post :):):)

Ditto...........I'm not getting any younger you know............:o

(Thanks Skid.... :))xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

So Des Bishop stubs his toe or has a cup of tea and he gets a show and an interview to publicise it? Nice work if you can get it.
    Is he still talking with the American accent like he just landed last week? What was he six years old(?) when he moved to Ireland?

Twink stuck her neck up during the week, surely....... :)

• Advertisement

A Manchester Irishman who only speaks to the world through song will perform on The Late Late Show tonight.

Martin Finn’s autism means he is unable to talk in full sentences but he has an astonishing recall of songs which he performs note perfectly in clubs.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/man-with-autism-to-speak-through-song-on-lsquolate-latersquo-268820.html

Advertisement