Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

Discodog wrote: »
    Next question. Where can I get some big postage envelopes, the strong plastic jiffy bag type ?

Saw some in Dealz at Galway Shopping Centre

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Anyone have any recommendations for hairdressers who are good at full head colour, wash cut and blowdry? Place near me wants €200 for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Anyone have any recommendations for hairdressers who are good at full head colour, wash cut and blowdry? Place near me wants €200 for it!

I use Raymond skeleton hairdressing in knocknacarra. I have very long thick hair. Price is nowhere near the €200 you were quoted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

JillyQ wrote: »
    I use Raymond skeleton hairdressing in knocknacarra. I have very long thick hair. Price is nowhere near the €200 you were quoted
    It is higher? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

snubbleste wrote: »
    It is higher? :eek:
    Alot less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

His prices are high too. Try Valair next to Connacht tribune office. Good for colour and Valerie is very good with cutting long hair, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I'd recommend Raymond Skelton's too. I go to Laura, reasonable and excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Where's the cheapest pace to buy an SD card for a mobile (Huawei 360) please?

Cheers,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Where's the cheapest pace to buy an SD card for a mobile (Huawei 360) please?

Cheers,
    Pa

MemoryC IE

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

detoxkid wrote: »
    I'd recommend Raymond Skelton's too. I go to Laura, reasonable and excellent

So many Raymond hairdressers in Galway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Where is a good place to get passport photos done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Boggy Turf wrote: »
    Where is a good place to get passport photos done?

The chemist (beside Dunnes) in west side. That's where I got mine.

Looking for anyone that collects old furniture. I have a kitchen table & a three piece suite. St. Vincent de Paul are coming tomorrow to have a look at them. But just in case they dont want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Tilikum wrote: »
    Looking for anyone that collects old furniture. I have a kitchen table & a three piece suite. St. Vincent de Paul are coming tomorrow to have a look at them. But just in case they dont want them.

You could try freecycle https://groups.freecycle.org/group/GalwayIE/posts/all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Galway Simon community have a furniture shop in briarhill. They will collect old furniture then sell it in their shop.

Galway Simon community have a furniture shop in briarhill. They will collect old furniture then sell it in their shop.

Yeah, same as St. Vincent de Paul but they'll only take it if it's good enough to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,089 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

In fairness, you're not going to offer stuff to charity if it's crap.

In fairness, you're not going to offer stuff to charity if it's crap.

It's not crap at all. Just in case they don't want it though, I need it out of the house straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

It's not crap at all. Just in case they don't want it though, I need it out of the house straight away.

I echo the suggestion of checking out Freecycle. If you had signed up yesterday and posted an offer it probably would have been gone by now.

It has never failed to get anything out of the house no matter the condition or how obscure by the end of the week. Best thing is they come to you or at a place of your choosing. I once had a guy just show up with a flatbed offering to take anything on offer. No idea if he resold it or what he did with it. But generally you meet very nice and grateful people who really appreciate your charity.

Where can I go in Galway to get vaccinations or ask about vaccinations for South America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Boggy Turf wrote: »
    Where can I go in Galway to get vaccinations or ask about vaccinations for South America?

http://www.tmb.ie/clinics/vaccinations/galway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Where would I find a round metal grill to cook Pizza in a Combination oven ?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Discodog wrote: »
    Where would I find a round metal grill to cook Pizza in a Combination oven ?

Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Dunnes normally has them or Home Store and More..

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Have a hip problem, doctor has suggested I attend a physio.

Any recommendations for a good physio.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

paulgalway wrote:
    Have a hip problem, doctor has suggested I attend a physio.

paulgalway wrote:
    Any recommendations for a good physio.

I have sent you a message with contact details for a physio I use and recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Anyone recommend a good chiropodist in city or salthill area? Feet very dry and hard from blisters from lots of walking and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sazzer_b

Looking for someone whos interested in starting a band/ duo (wanting to gig) singer from Dublin.. if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I'm looking to buy some big plastic buckets with lids in Galway, 25 liters or more for some storage at home. Nothing in Woodies or McDonaghs unfortunately.

If anybody knows someone selling or looking to get rid of them i'll gladly take them.

Advertisement