Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

weshtawake wrote: »
    Anyone recommend an acoustic engineer in Galway or environs.

Diarmuid Keaney, ICAN.
    Very professional service.

https://www.acoustics.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

aw wrote: »
    Diarmuid Keaney, ICAN.
    Very professional service.

https://www.acoustics.ie/

+1

Hi can anyone recommend a good chiropractor in the city please. THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone know of anywhere in Galway that I can get some 3D printing done?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

A working barber please

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    A working barber please

You'll have to wait a while

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll have to wait a while
    This ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone know where I can still get Easter eggs, any brand like Maltesers, Smarties, doesn't really matter. Need 28 of them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Are they getting hard to find in town? Was just in Dunnes Knocknacarra today and I'd say they have enough. Aldi down the road had loads as of Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sasal

kave2 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can still get Easter eggs, any brand like Maltesers, Smarties, doesn't really matter. Need 28 of them. Thanks.

I just got some in Joyce's in Doughiska. Not many left there.
    Lidl took their's off the shelves yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I will have a look tomorrow early morning. I seen lots of Lindt Golden Bunnies in Tesco Oranmore, so I take those if I don't get eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

kave2 wrote: »
    I will have a look tomorrow early morning. I seen lots of Lindt Golden Bunnies in Tesco Oranmore, so I take those if I don't get eggs.

You might get lucky in Joyce's Ballybane, had a lot a few days ago. Iceland could be worth a look as they're never as busy as the other supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Anybody got a recommendation for a man with a van service. Need an outsize couch moved from kinvara to Knocknacarra

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭what_traffic

westgolf wrote: »
    Anybody got a recommendation for a man with a van service. Need an outsize couch moved from kinvara to Knocknacarra

Probably will not suit your requirements but found the following information yesterday that might be useful for anybody who wants a van for a short term period.
    Gocar have a van rental at the Gateway Retail Park in Rahoon/Clybaun
    https://www.gocar.ie/gobases/gateway-retail-park-galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Can anyone advise if Coole Park is open on Easter Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,932 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Feria40 wrote: »

I don't think they are opening until the 5km restrictions are lifted on the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

https://www.coolepark.ie/covid-19-update/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

flazio wrote: »
    I don't think they are opening until the 5km restrictions are lifted on the 12th.

Looks like the trails are open alright

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

trails are open as the site says
    was there today, very quiet..

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭maniac2003

Still flooding out on garyland side but still great trails openðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor please for full licence test?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Does anybody know if there are any photographers open (by appointment) who do biometric passport photos? Have an appointment at the embassy for a new passport at the end of the month, unfortunately it can’t be done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Does anybody know if there are any photographers open (by appointment) who do biometric passport photos? Have an appointment at the embassy for a new passport at the end of the month, unfortunately it can’t be done online.

im pretty sure you can do your own. at least we did ours with jsut a smart phone and applied online. he system will tell you when its acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Notch000 wrote: »
    im pretty sure you can do your own. at least we did ours with jsut a smart phone and applied online. he system will tell you when its acceptable

The problem is that I can’t apply online. I have to appear at the embassy in person, give fingerprints and bring in physical photos. Can’t risk the the photos not being accepted. Had to wait for months for an appointment and would hate to waste a trip to Dublin.

The problem is that I can’t apply online. I have to appear at the embassy in person, give fingerprints and bring in physical photos. Can’t risk the the photos not being accepted. Had to wait for months for an appointment and would hate to waste a trip to Dublin.

There are photo booths around that are specifically for this purpose. Last I recall seeing them in Dunnes Terryland SC, Briarhill SC and umm forget where else

These pics are also done in some of the pharmacies if you ask

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Does anyone know if the FujiFilm Wonder Photo Shop in Corbetts Court is open during Level 5. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor please for full licence test?

Martin Creaven (Creaven Drive) is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the_galway_fry

looking for someone to sharpen knives in galway .
    also any idea of cost per knife?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

looking for someone to sharpen knives in galway .
    also any idea of cost per knife?
    Try here https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Pet-Groomer/Blade-Sharpening-Galway-102596481207124/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Anyone know of a place that does fridge repairs? Specifically repairing / replacing the compressor and re-gassing the system.

I have tried a few places but they can’t repair the compressor. Been told it’s not worth doing? The fridge is only 4 years old, door was left open for few days and burned out the compressor. I’ve tried all of the usual fixes, unplugging, leave open door and restart etc etc. Nothing has worked.

It’s part of a set, matching tall freezer beside it and they have stopped making this style to I can’t just replace the fridge part as they won’t match. Need to have it repaired.

Thanks

Advertisement