Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Can anyone recommend where to get a tablet fixed in or around the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

cowlove wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend where to get a tablet fixed in or around the city?

Techstar on Dock road,nice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Where to get pasture raised meat, preferably not overpriced? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 F5MWG

Hey!

Would any of you know someone who has got an entry for the Streets of Galway 2014 8k run but can not make it? I'm looking to pay the entry fee but it is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hey Im looking for a Gym that's fairly close to salthill. I heard leisureland most likely won't reopen until January

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Hey Im looking for a Gym that's fairly close to salthill. I heard leisureland most likely won't reopen until January

http://www.ardilaunleisureclub.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Salthill hotel also has very good facilities in their gym

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Very good facilities at http://www.hotelclybaun.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Looking for some place to put a new set of strings on a guitar? Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Looking for somewhere that would sell 10-10-20 Fertiliser , not too far from the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

jenno86 wrote: »
    Looking for some place to put a new set of strings on a guitar? Any recommendations?
    Any music shop that sells string should provide this service. There's one on the corner by Lynch's Castle.
    I buy strings there and put them on my guitar myself, it's not hard.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

jenno86 wrote: »

Modern Music on Middle Street (beside River Deep, Mountain High) will happily sell you the strings and string the guitar for you. Ask nicely, and he'll probably show you how to do it yourself too for next time....

Failing that, buy the strings and jump on youtube....

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Need a HDMI cable but don't want to be ripped off. Anyone know does the €2 shop do them? Or that place up between Tesco and the bowling alley? Or just anywhere in town that's cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Intifada wrote: »
    Need a HDMI cable but don't want to be ripped off. Anyone know does the €2 shop do them? Or that place up between Tesco and the bowling alley? Or just anywhere in town that's cheap.

I'm pretty sure Dealz does them (that's the place near Tesco).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Intifada wrote: »

Yep, Dealz (the place between Tesco and the Bowling Alley) stock them.

http://www.dealz.ie/leisure-and-entertainment/electrical/tv-and-audio-accessories/hdmi-cable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The €2 shop in Mainguard St did two sizes when I bought one 2 months ago, I got the longer one for extra 50c

Pomodoro apple timer for studying? Anyone seen these around? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

chinacup wrote: »
    Pomodoro apple timer for studying? Anyone seen these around? Thanks.
    No but there is an iphone app for it. Unless any egg timer will do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Looking for somewhere that would sell 10-10-20 Fertiliser , not too far from the city.

McDonaghs in Ballybane should have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Odd enough of a question here, does anyone know of a few places that might sell old-fashioned kids toys (like wooden cup and ball games)? Haven't actually gotten around to checking Smyths yet but I want to see as big of a variety of ones as I can.

If there's somewhere in Dublin that's especially good for that kind of thing, I'd like to hear of it too.

Thanks!

EDIT: Google image searching "ball and cup" leads to unpleasant results :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Odd enough of a question here, does anyone know of a few places that might sell old-fashioned kids toys (like wooden cup and ball games)? Haven't actually gotten around to checking Smyths yet but I want to see as big of a variety of ones as I can.

If there's somewhere in Dublin that's especially good for that kind of thing, I'd like to hear of it too.

Thanks!

Wooden Heart on Quay St. would be a good place to visit.
    http://www.woodenheart.ie/

Thanks!

Try the charity shops too

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

anyone know of a good butchers around Galway city that does good special offers with a bundle of meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

united2k11 wrote: »
    anyone know of a good butchers around Galway city that does good special offers with a bundle of meat?

The butchers by beside Dunnes in the Eyre Square shopping centre, O'Flahertys??
    The butchers beside Tesco in the Headford Road shopping centre.
    There's also one in the Terryland retail Park beside Terryland fruit and veg that's supposed to do good bargains but I've never been there so don't know what it's like

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

b.gud wrote: »
    The butchers by beside Dunnes in the Eyre Square shopping centre, O'Flahertys??
    The butchers beside Tesco in the Headford Road shopping centre.
    There's also one in the Terryland retail Park beside Terryland fruit and veg that's supposed to do good bargains but I've never been there so don't know what it's like

Its called Haughs. Heaney meats have a wholesale shop open to the public up in Liosban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I find the place in Terryland great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Thanks!

EDIT: Google image searching "ball and cup" leads to unpleasant results :(

Can't think of the name of it but there is a recently opened shop in Eyre sq centre across from burger king that had a small selection of those types of games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

^^^ That's Tiger in the Eyre Square Centre, where the Early Learning Centre used to be. I hear their stock changes quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Food intolerance testing/allergy testing in Galway city.

Not too expensive but reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Food intolerance testing/allergy testing in Galway city.

Not too expensive but reliable.

I think Boots chemists do those tests.

Advertisement