Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 Episode 6 "The Laws of Gods and Men": *HAVE* read the books

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Really enjoying their musings this week! Only one person so far thinks it will be The Mountain and Oberyn!

And that's just because they noticed it in one of the season 4 previews. Looks like tv viewers have a lot of surprises coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The last 3 episodes of this season are going to be phenomenal. I think next week will be a bit crap (presumably Bran & co will have to be revisited) but it's all going to kick off then!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Mockingbird
    The Mountain and the Viper
    The Watchers on the Wall
    The Children

Titles of the last 4 episodes

Should be epic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Gregor and Brienne are back next week, LF does his thing and Jon's back on the Wall

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

The Master wrote: »

Should be epic stuff

Those titles... :O

Seriously excited for the last few episodes now, more than I was before!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Am I getting mixed up or did they use the same text as the letter John Snow gets much later on?

Anyway good episode for the most part. Looks like Tywin is sending a letter to Dany and presumably this will be how the beans get spilled about Jorah.

* edit and bloody hell that song yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Amazing last 20 minutes. Cant wait for the fight even more now!! didnt realise it wasnt till two episodes time though. :(
    One thing that slightly, well maybe not annoyed me but..I'd like to see Reek really looking like sh*t. White skin, teeth missing, covered in dog sh*t. He still looks a bit too clean and beefed up for me. Maybe have a few protruding cgi rib bones sticking out!! :)
    Also ramsey fighting with no armour. I'm not having that!! As he was going to open the cage door i thought "Go on, now's your chance!!He's put his knives away..lob his arm off!!"
    Anyway, next four episodes should be class... bring it on!!!

From the non-readers thread regarding the trial by combat...
    There's no way it's going to be the mountain, he isn't even in kings landing.

Hehehehehehehehehehe, can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Peter Dinklage was phenomenal in that episode.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It was heartbreaking watching Tyrion see Shae walk into the court.

c09d85fd6a67f133a13c3969be953970.gif

Dinklage was excellent..as usual!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

krudler wrote: »
    Episode 8 is titled "The Mountain And The Viper" least we know whats going to happen that episode.

Not a very subtle title, is it? I mean if a non-reader stumbled across that at the start of the season it would be a bit of a spoiler.

Back on topic, thought it was a very good episode.

-Dany's storyline moving along at a fair old pace and the show is finally addressing the fact that ruling a city is harder than capturing one.

-The whole Yara bit seemed to only be there to remind everyone who she was and set up some future conflict between the Ironborn and the Bolton men. Her escape was very convenient.

-Braavos looks nice. Davos is useful as a smuggler and a PR agent!:D

And of course Dinklage continues to kill it. That speech could well be his tape for the Emmys. Can't wait for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Am I the only one slightly peeved by Yara retreating from the Dreadfort so easily?

Am I the only one slightly peeved by Yara retreating from the Dreadfort so easily?

It was either retreat or die because the whole Dreadfort garrison was about to land on them. The alarm had been sounded in the castle.

Knowing when to retreat to save your men is the mark of a good commander.

Blay wrote: »
    It was either retreat or die because the whole Dreadfort garrison was about to land on them. The alarm had been sounded in the castle.

Knowing when to retreat to save your men is the mark of a good commander.

One minute Ramsey is opening the cage, the next minute Yara is at the boats after outrunning the hounds and the whole of the dreadfort. She's a flyer!

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    One minute Ramsey is opening the cage, the next minute Yara is at the boats after outrunning the hounds and the whole of the dreadfort. She's a flyer!

No point showing her walking all the way back through the castle and down their rope lines is there?

If they'd actually shown that people would say; 'They didn't need to show that...we could have figured out how she got out ourselves'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Curse them for making Oberyn such a likeable badass!!

Also, has he changed costume this season or does he just always wear yellow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

That was so good! Possibly my favourite episode ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Yara was not at the dreadfort I thought, deep wood motte?
    Other than that cracking episode. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The trial was done brilliantly, loved the look Oberyn gave when Tyrion said trial by combat.
    ****e episode, very uncomfortable watching Tyrion suffer, Drogon scene was awesome though, the bath scene was creepier than the rape scene a few weeks ago. I am losing my patience with this show.

Ah here, that was probably the best episode, not just this season, in the entire show!

lynski wrote: »
    Yara was not at the dreadfort I thought, deep wood motte?
    Other than that cracking episode. So good.

It was the Dreadfort, she sailed around Westeros and rowed up the Weeping Water to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

It was the Dreadfort, she sailed around Westeros and rowed up the Weeping Water to it.

Actually both wrong roose sent him to moat cailin 'take it for the family'
    Edit: sorry I took it to mean go now when roose told him to three episodes ago! Ok my first timeline pique, wtf has he been doing all this time? I imagine roose us not someone you keep waiting.
    Also the dreadfort? How did she get in there? Doh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Great episode.

Really enjoyed Tywin tricking Jaime, straight in to 'DONE' on Jaimes offer to give up the Kings Guard, then telling him he's sending Tyrion to the Wall.

The whole trial was brilliant. I didn't feel Shaes betrayal as strongly as I did on the books tho.

Bit disappointed at Yaras attack on the Dreadfort. I just don't find Ramsay that believable, too pantomimey. I noticed Alfie Allen in great shape when he should be in bits alright.

Danys story is more boring onscreen than I thought it would be, I hope they speed up her timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The whole trial was brilliant. I didn't feel Shaes betrayal as strongly as I did on the books tho.

I think the TV show had a lot more Shae arguing and being ignored by Tyrion, as if that was the reason she did it. As far as I remember, the book they got on better up to the trial and it's purely because she was bribed which was talked about after the trial

lynski wrote: »
    Actually both wrong roose sent him to moat cailin 'take it for the family'

He hasn't left for Moat Cailin yet, he's sending Theon to bring terms to the Ironborn there just as he does in the books.

Plus, Yara couldn't have sailed to Moat Cailin.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

The Master wrote: »
    "Children"

Should be epic stuff

What do people think, will this be LS avenging the Stark children or will it be about the Lannister children and Tyrion killing Tywin?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Children of the forest, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Children of the forest, maybe.

Derp. Yes obviously. What was I thinking! :o

Edit: Wait that would really mess the timeline up no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Not G.R wrote: »
    Derp. Yes obviously. What was I thinking! :o

Edit: Wait that would really mess the timeline up no?

Not really, Bran does feck all in ADWD, he has 2 chapters before he's inside with blood raven, one of which is now basically impossible to put in because there's no coldhands.

No point showing her walking all the way back through the castle and down their rope lines is there?

If they'd actually shown that people would say; 'They didn't need to show that...we could have figured out how she got out ourselves'.

My point isnt that they didnt show her escape, my point is there is no way in seven hells she would have out run a pack of hounds in a castle/fort she didnt know her way around. They jumped from her standing in the kennels beside the dogs, about to be unleashed, to her getting on the boats with the sound of barking in the background. It was pretty unbelievable in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

That was my favourite episode this season. I'm half sorry I read the books last year so it's good when they depart a bit from them.

Advertisement