Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    What package are you on?

basic broadband and TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Got 9 months at 43 and then the price rise kicks in. Hard work. Very hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Got €44 for 9 months straight away. And the price I’m paying now for the other 3 months. No waiting and offered straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Sky increasing prices in Dec friend just got email, not sure his package

Got the letter today from them. Have the basic TV package and it's going up €1.75 per month :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

persistence is the key here. Copy a long text with all your details (address a/c number DOB etc) and what you want and bombard them every day with the same text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I have texted the last two days in a row each time they say ring 1908, they say loyalty team no longer use the messaging system/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Looks like they’ve changed and don’t allow the text service any more. I got offered a deal from the text service on Monday, said I’d think about it and when I texted back yesterday I got a reply to say I would have to ring even just to accept the previously offered deal. When they offered the deal they said I could text back anytime to get more details or to take the deal so it obviously just changed since then. Maybe they were getting hammered with texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

No joy on 9 months half price for me:(. I already have a cancellation notice in place rang again today. I pushed the guy and he even spoke to his "team leader" but wouldn't budge past the 6 months half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Got a nice it ah lad yesterday. 9 months without even trying

dubrov wrote: »
    That's not legally enforceable. It can only start from the date you start receiving the service. I'd say they just made a mistake in the mail.
    I just contacted Comreg about this and was told that Pure are right. Probably best avoided, even if they are the cheapest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

"The cooling off period is 14 days from when you place the order so when the line is live, the cooling off period will be over"

No thats not correct in any way or shape, your not customer until your getting service in your home, meaning being live on BB, know someone who is waiting on installation and was told straight out no deals can be negotiated until they are using service as they have to wait 3 weeks now and prob will take a lot longer as installation crew has issues putting cables in. So if you wanna cancel just block any DD or company itself as your not customer, thus 14 days does not apply to you.As technically and legally your not customer until you have BB in your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭dubrov

podge3 wrote: »
    I just contacted Comreg about this and was told that Pure are right. Probably best avoided, even if they are the cheapest.

If ComReg said that they are wrong and would indicate a very low standard of staff training.
    Why would nay company deliver a service before the 14 day period if that was true?

The contract is not effective until the service first starts being delivered.

There is more info on the Citizen's Information website here
    n the case of digital content, the cooling-off period expires when the downloading or streaming starts

Ultimately it is based on a European directive on consumer rights which was translated into Irish law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Got half price for 6 months. Full price is 104.

Initially offered 89 for 9 months and 104 for 3 months. Told him i had priced Eir and they were much cheaper. He countered with the predicted arguement of how good their 240mb broadband was. I told him my main influence was price.

After a minute on hold he offered the 6 month half price. Happy enough to take it as it was under the figure i had in my head for the yearly cost. I've also had free mobile mins added onto my home phone which i hadn't got before and these will actually be used.

Didn't bother pushing for the 9 months half. I'm still paying 150 euro less for the year than last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I had a issue were they downgraded my TV from what I had I think I lost about 30 TV channels basically the music ones that I like haveing on in the background.

Kept telling me I had to pay extra if I won't to go back on my old bundle.

Told them miss sold my contract and had proof in the txt messages that they never told me about the downgrade in my bundle.

Now have sky sports free for 12 months and all my channels added back in for 47 a month for 9 months and 90 for 3 months after.

Being honest if sky had siro I would have moved to them as sky's tv serviced is so much better then virgins and have 4k while virgin does not

scamalert wrote: »
    "The cooling off period is 14 days from when you place the order so when the line is live, the cooling off period will be over"

No thats not correct in any way or shape, your not customer until your getting service in your home, meaning being live on BB, know someone who is waiting on installation and was told straight out no deals can be negotiated until they are using service as they have to wait 3 weeks now and prob will take a lot longer as installation crew has issues putting cables in. So if you wanna cancel just block any DD or company itself as your not customer, thus 14 days does not apply to you.As technically and legally your not customer until you have BB in your house.
    dubrov wrote: »
    If ComReg said that they are wrong and would indicate a very low standard of staff training.
    Why would nay company deliver a service before the 14 day period if that was true?

The contract is not effective until the service first starts being delivered.

There is more info on the Citizen's Information website here

Ultimately it is based on a European directive on consumer rights which was translated into Irish law.
    I completely agree that it seems ridiculous but both Pure and Comreg have now said that this is the case. If there is an issue then the customer would be fighting with both Pure and Comreg to get out of the contract. The person I was speaking to in Comreg told me not to sign up with Pure if I wasn't happy with their terms!!

Pure might be the cheapest on the market but I'd rather pay an extra €5 per month and go to Eir or Sky in the knowledge that there would be no problem in getting out if the service isn't up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Am I missing something, or is the Vodafone bundle a well-priced alternative to Virgin?

Basic TV (60 channels), home phone, 100 Mbps broadband for €25 per month for six months and €75 per month after? Multi room at €5 month, plus €100 installation. It says the multi-room is wireless, which is a big bonus for me. Not sure if this means no TV signal or no power needed or both!

But either way, a fairly decent price compared to Virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I don't think vodafone has the bbcs in HD. Another poster said they were recently removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I don't think vodafone has the bbcs in HD. Another poster said they were recently removed.

Thanks for flagging this up, but HD isn't an issue for us.

Any other possible downside of Vodafone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I am getting (on text) no promos availbale only for new customers and a link to upgrade!

I've asked him/her to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

called the loyalty team, seemed to be Irish person. Best I was offered was 15 off for 9 months on connect 240+phone. I provided the sky and eir pricing as being much cheaper, no movement.
    Is it a case of just trying again later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

fmul9798 wrote: »
    called the loyalty team, seemed to be Irish person. Best I was offered was 15 off for 9 months on connect 240+phone. I provided the sky and eir pricing as being much cheaper, no movement.

Cancel and they usually ring you before the cut off date to try and retain your business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

fmul9798 wrote: »

On the 240mb BB that seems to be the best deal going tbh. I have it as 40 for 9 months and then back to 55 with no price rise.

Not to happy but Eir fttc is poxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

On the 240mb BB that seems to be the best deal going tbh. I have it as 40 for 9 months and then back to 55 with no price rise.

Not to happy but Eir fttc is poxy.

just off the phone with them , 44 for 9 months and the 59 for 3 months, strange all the different pricings, Thats for 240 BB and home phone 400 min international calls

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Same one as me (240 plus phone)
    I'll be trying for better tomorrow or Friday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They seem to have clamped down on 'offers' to pre-existing customers.
    Honestly- I'm dropping them next time round- life is too short for the mindgames they're playing.
    I can get SIRO half price for 6 months on a 12 month contract- thats what I'm doing next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

They seem to have clamped down on 'offers' to pre-existing customers.
    Honestly- I'm dropping them next time round- life is too short for the mindgames they're playing.
    I can get SIRO half price for 6 months on a 12 month contract- thats what I'm doing next time.

They've definitely clamped down on this.
    I cancelled my TV expecting them to call me as I did last year for the TV only & got 6 months half price. I never got a call so my TV service is gone now.

A few weeks afterwards I got an email about the price increase so I emailed cancelling my broadband & phone also.
    I've only 10 days before my service is gone and they still havent contacted me.

I'm just going to go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Managed to get 6 months half price, happy with that better then the new customer offer. hopefully in 12 months Siro will be available in my area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Rang back there. They offered €15 off for 6 months. I’m on 360 broadband.

It’s basically €49 a month for 6 months them up to €60 odd for 6 months.

That is ridiculously expensive considering I only use them for B.B.

I’ll either go to sky or get the wife to sign up. Does any know how long it takes for them to reconnect you after you leave them.

Cancelled last week, after only being offered €15 off for 9 months when i had said I would only stay for 9 months half price.

Got a call today from Virgin. They asked what I would consider staying for. I said 9 months half price, they said no problem. 360Mb broadband, €32/month for 9 months, then €64 for the remainder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,880 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

People seem to be getting 9 months half price with broad band only?
    Has anyone get it with TV and broadband packages?

Advertisement