Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

got 9 half and 3 full for full house package. tv/phone/bb plus sports
    paying about 75 less for 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Basil3 wrote: »
    Cancelled last week, after only being offered €15 off for 9 months when i had said I would only stay for 9 months half price.

Got a call today from Virgin. They asked what I would consider staying for. I said 9 months half price, they said no problem. 360Mb broadband, €32/month for 9 months, then €64 for the remainder.

How long are you with virgin?

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    How long are you with virgin?

Probably 6 or 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Have TV, 240MB Broadband, home phone - was going up to €94 per month (€1152 for the year!) so rang to cancel - offered 6 months half price straight away but said I still wanted to cancel as still too expensive (€864 for the year).

2 weeks later they ring looking for 'feedback' as to why I was leaving, said it was far too expensive, he immediately offered 12 months half price on a 12 month contract with same package (€564 for the year, €300 cheaper than 1st offer and €600 cheaper than just accepting price hike).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

pm1977x wrote: »
    Have TV, 240MB Broadband, home phone - was going up to €94 per month (€1152 for the year!) so rang to cancel - offered 6 months half price straight away but said I still wanted to cancel as still too expensive (€864 for the year).

2 weeks later they ring looking for 'feedback' as to why I was leaving, said it was far too expensive, he immediately offered 12 months half price on a 12 month contract with same package (€564 for the year, €300 cheaper than 1st offer and €600 cheaper than just accepting price hike).
    I guess we'll all need to push for cancellation next year and wait for their call with the 12 months half price offer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Amouar wrote: »
    I guess we'll all need to push for cancellation next year and wait for their call with the 12 months half price offer ;)

I must confess the last time I tried it (a year or more ago) I got nowhere and had to go back with my tail between my legs and cancel the cancellation!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭geriatric

I got 9 months half price today on 240BB and phone. I was offered 6 months but went ahead with cancellation, put on hold for a few minutes and the offered 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Max they offered me was 6 months half price.

Laughed and signed up with sky.

Guess I'll be back to them in 12 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Missus just off the phone. We are on 240mb bb no TV don't use phone. Currently 57.50, due increase in Jan. She told him to cancel he offered €44pm six months, i told her cancel, he went away talked to "supervisor", came back 6months half, i told he cancel, told her to mention boards and 9months, he went away to "supervisor", came back 9months €29.50, 3 months €59. Said yes, said thank you. Missus said they never sounded as desperate to keep us. Looks like Netflix and chill for tonite .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Any heavy users get decent offers? I typically use 800gb to 1000gb per month. I was only offered €15 off per month for 6 months. The vibe I got was because I am a heavy user I should be happy with that offer.

So am just wondering if people getting 9 or 12 months half price are heavy users too?

• Advertisement

branners69 wrote: »
    Any heavy users get decent offers? I typically use 800gb to 1000gb per month. I was only offered €15 off per month for 6 months. The vibe I got was because I am a heavy user I should be happy with that offer.

So am just wondering if people getting 9 or 12 months half price are heavy users too?
    In the 300-500 range, maybe the odd month 700 when I'm naughty, they did point out my usage and how competitors bb wouldn't "cope" but we kept pushing to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

What’s the fair usage quota a month? 1tb or something?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

use 800gb to 1000gb

:eek::eek::eek:

That's around my yearly useage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

What's the cancellation number this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Gave my cancellation request...sky is the best bet ?

:eek::eek::eek:

That's around my yearly useage!
    Are you still on a dial up connection, lol

I don't think it's anything to do with that. I got 9 months half price, and would be over 800gb each month. Was 1.5TB a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭raxy

I cancelled last month, due to end after this week. After about a week they started calling. Answered the 3rd call.
    Hey asked was our only reason for cancelling the price. Said yes & they said ok thank you goodbye. No attempt to keep us or any other offer.
    The best offer they gave when cancelling was 15 off for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭raxy

I cancelled last month, due to end after this week. After about a week they started calling. Answered the 3rd call.
    Hey asked was our only reason for cancelling the price. Said yes & they said ok thank you goodbye. No attempt to keep us or any other offer.
    The best offer they gave when cancelling was 15 off for 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Id use maybe 1tb to 1.2tb per month on average. Got 9 months with 15 off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Id use maybe 1tb to 1.2tb per month on average. Got 9 months with 15 off.

Just curious- how on earth do you use that volume of data?
    I thought I was a fairly heavy user- at 150-200Gb.
    I don't think I'd be able to use that volume of data- no matter how I tried!

Just curious- how on earth do you use that volume of data?
    I thought I was a fairly heavy user- at 150-200Gb.
    I don't think I'd be able to use that volume of data- no matter how I tried!

Its called streaming. 1 hour of netflix 4k is about 8 gb or so. I dont have a tv package at all so up to 4 devices streaming at any one time. Iptv also for matches.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its called streaming. 1 hour of netflix 4k is about 8 gb or so. I dont have a tv package at all so up to 4 devices streaming at any one time. Iptv also for matches.

I don't have a tv package (at all) and stream Netflix and Amazon Prime.
    I hit 200Gb a month (tops) (cognisant of the fact that the kids use the big screen for online gaming most of the time).........

I hit 200Gb a month (tops) (cognisant of the fact that the kids use the big screen for online gaming most of the time).........

Id say you dont watch that much tv so. Or else all in SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

I just installed Red Redemption 2, that was around 90GB on its own :)

Games eat the bandwidth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

use 200gb per month odd, was due to pay €94 per month, intially offered €60 odd for 6 months and €79 thereafter (downgraded tv to mix or something, lose 50 channels which aren't watched I believe). Cancelled, talked to Sky, was tempted, but called back and discussed price one last time. Was offered €49 for 9 months and €79 for last 3 months. I'll talk to Sky again and see what they say, but I'll probably take the Virgin offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,884 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    use 200gb per month odd, was due to pay €94 per month, intially offered €60 odd for 6 months and €79 thereafter (downgraded tv to mix or something, lose 50 channels which aren't watched I believe). Cancelled, talked to Sky, was tempted, but called back and discussed price one last time. Was offered €49 for 9 months and €79 for last 3 months. I'll talk to Sky again and see what they say, but I'll probably take the Virgin offer.
    tbh I never thought about downgrading tv package....
    I would take €49 for 9 months and €79 for last 3 months probably at this stage, with less channels watch very few outside the main ones.
    Best I been offered (I am on bigger tv package - full house I think) is

47 euro for 6 months, 94 euro for 6 months after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,884 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Virgin Media - They definitely wont offer me 9 months at 49 and 3 months at 79 euro due - they said they would only do 6 months as I had previous discounts looks like Sky it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

gmisk wrote: »
    Virgin Media - They definitely wont offer me 9 months at 49 and 3 months at 79 euro due - they said they would only do 6 months as I had previous discounts looks like Sky it is.

Check the closing date on Sky 50 offer - coming very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Does anyone know what the setup fee with sky is?

Advertisement