Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

icdg wrote:
    Yup. Just breaks for news and weather. Winning Streak is on RTE2. I should add that I would expect them to go off air earlier than scheduled if all counts finish for the night before that.

As an election junkie last time coverage ran over time till near 4am . But u are right if counts were over early it could finish early to save overtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

The Cush wrote:
    +1, TV will be locked to RTÉ1 until Sunday morning.

I'm that bad that will have 2 TVs in living room one for election and other for Ireland v England in rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

brick man wrote:
    As an election junkie last time coverage ran over time till near 4am . But u are right if counts were over early it could finish early to save overtime!

On television? I love the elections as well so can't wait. I know on radio rte had very good coverage all day and night, also newstalk did very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭political analyst

icdg wrote: »
    There may be tallies available though. RTE is on air at 10:00am(through until 3:00am!)

Meanwhile TV3 HD has "This is TV3 HD" on the Sky EPG for Sunday 5:00pm. SD has the movie Men in Black listed. Odd.
    It is possible that having rights to a film in HD is separate from having rights to it in HD. It has happened in the UK that some films were not available on the HD version of a channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Surely if that was the case here then TV3 HD would show it upscaled.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    Surely if that was the case here then TV3 HD would show it upscaled.
    Perhaps more money would have to be paid for the rights to the HD version of the film.

Perhaps more money would have to be paid for the rights to the HD version of the film.

Maybe but the point I am making is that not having the HD rights to a film does not mean TV3 HD would remain blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Rick_

TV3's election coverage on Sunday will be show UK wide on Virgin Media on channel 996, so it will be officially available for NI and mainland Britain for the first time, but only for a short time.
    From the TV3 Facebook page:-
    TV3 announces it will broadcast Election Results Special in the UK.
    TV3 today announced that it will broadcast its Sunday night “VOTE 2016 – Election Results Special” with Ivan Yates and Colette Fitzpatrick to millions of homes in the UK via Virgin Media who will host the programme on its digital channel 996. The move means the Irish diaspora in the UK will have access to TV3’s programme live for the first time.
    Vote 2016- Election Results Special Sunday at 7pm on TV3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

pad e wrote: »
    TV3's election coverage on Sunday will be show UK wide on Virgin Media on channel 996, so it will be officially available for NI and mainland Britain for the first time, but only for a short time.

BBC parliament is not showing RTEtv's election coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

ftakeith wrote: »

Pity, they showed it at the last election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

pad e wrote: »

Maybe it will be the last time as well when they see how bad it will be

I saw the promo for TV3's election coverage. Although it is being broadcast this Sunday evening it will have results "as they happen" - when most of the Dáil seats have already been fillled. What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

Pity, they showed it at the last election.

they're showing RTÉ's coverage from 18:35 - 21:00 on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭mike2084

An Tarbh wrote: »
    they're showing RTÉ's coverage from 18:35 - 21:00 on Saturday.

Can confirm http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b073myv8

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

ftakeith wrote: »

BBC Parliament showing RTÉ's coverage tomorrow from 18:35-21:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You'd wonder why Virgin don't consider broadcasting TV3 on VM in the UK and blocking content that they don't have rights to.

Though you'd wonder why they haven't looked at improving 3e considering its doing well on such bad programming, you'd imagine some improvements would increase its audience even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Elmo wrote: »
    Though you'd wonder why they haven't looked at improving 3e considering its doing well on such bad programming, you'd imagine some improvements would increase its audience even more.

3 episodes back to back of Tipping Point between 4pm-7pm every weekday. Pure lazy scheduling. In desperate need of a revamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭deezell

lertsnim wrote: »
    Maybe but the point I am making is that not having the HD rights to a film does not mean TV3 HD would remain blank.
    TV3 HD now showing Men in Black Sunday at 5.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

TG4 had the election. On Saorview they used the red button to show rugby as well.

I rushed to judgement in my criticism of TV3 in post 2083.

As of the time of this post, 95 out of 158 seats have been filled and there are recounts and rechecks taking place. Sunday AM has some election coverage along with showbiz material and there probably will be a lot of counting, recounting and rechecking taking place when the election special starts at 7 on TV3 (that makes commercial sense because there is no scheduled election coverage from 7 to 9 on RTÉ 1.

• Advertisement

I rushed to judgement in my criticism of TV3 in post 2083.

As of the time of this post, 95 out of 158 seats have been filled and there are recounts and rechecks taking place. Sunday AM has some election coverage along with showbiz material and there probably will be a lot of counting, recounting and rechecking taking place when the election special starts at 7 on TV3 (that makes commercial sense because there is no scheduled election coverage from 7 to 9 on RTÉ 1.

In a change to some listing RTÉ ONE continues with Election 2016.

Though it might move over to RTÉ2

Anyway Virgin Media's view that TV3's coverage was the only coverage available on 996 when BBC carry RTÉ coverage across all platforms. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Elmo wrote: »
    In a change to some listing RTÉ ONE continues with Election 2016.

They have finished now on RTE, they changed the schedules again.

icdg wrote: »
    They have finished now on RTE, they changed the schedules again.

Sorry I was just saying they could change the schedule if they felt something important might happen.

Some of the counts will adjourn for the day no?

Nice sports desk but why is Colette at the kiddies table.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Why aren't TV3 showing any Europa League game this week?

They lost the rights to Setanta AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭iseegirls

They'll only show the Europa League final for the next 3 years at least. Think they may have been fed up of the lack of English teams getting past the quarter finals mostly for the last few years. Although the Liverpool and man Utd match would have gotten them bumper ratings over the next two weeks of they still had it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They won't even be showing the final, unless Setanta have done some sub-licensing deal with them that I missed. Setanta won exclusive rights to the Europa League.

(It may be the FA Cup you are thinking of, where TV3 have rights to the final only).

• Advertisement

The same reason they didn't show any all season. They don't have the rights.

Advertisement