Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Patww79 wrote: »
    On what? Saorview?

Yes, Saorview, it was a bit tricky, did a lot of bolloxing with it and got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Yes, Saorview, it was a bit tricky, did a lot of bolloxing with it and got it.

I've done it for my Da a few times as his loses all channels every once in a while. I'd love to be able to do it on the Horizon box though.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I've done it for my Da a few times as his loses all channels every once in a while. I'd love to be able to do it on the Horizon box though.

I don't know about those boxes, I know you can't do anything like that with Sky boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If you're planning to watch the Wales vs Republic of Ireland Nations League from Cardiff City Stadium live on Thursday; you can watch this game live on S4C HD on Thursday from 7:30pm. Their is also a return game against Wales at the Aviva on Tuesday the 16th of October as well which is also live on S4C HD.

Virgin Media 3 are only showing the Republic of Ireland's first game as deferred presumably from 11pm. This is a big pity for them as they will lose a sizeable amount of viewers for this game being shown live on another FTA channel.

I will no idea when the return game at the Aviva will be shown from Virgin Media at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I think maybe we pick one thread to talk about that, the international football thread is probably more appropriate- the fact that S4C has the game too is little or nothing to do with Virgin Media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I don't know about those boxes, I know you can't do anything like that with Sky boxes.

You can, with SkyQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

galtee boy wrote: »
    You can, with SkyQ.

SkyQ allows you to rearrange the EPG?

No, not quite, you can add 99 favourites and give them numbers.

But this has nothing to with VMTV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

lertsnim wrote: »
    SkyQ allows you to rearrange the EPG?

With SkyQ, when you press the home button, it gives a menu, in that menu is TV Guide, when you select TV Guide, another menu opens up, asking for you to choose from favorites, HD, +1, sport, movies, news, and so on. So just set up your favourites and you're sorted, three button presses and you're in. Sounds a pain in the ass, but SkyQ box is so fast, you don't notice it. Ive attached a picture of my Epg, taken a few weeks ago, before Virgin Media lost the plot and changed name of TV3 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Amazingly bad scheduling for the UEFA Nations League game on Thursday night, they have the Germany v France game on Sky in SD on Virgin 3, absolutely nothing of note on Virgin 1 HD and Virgin 2 HD but right alongside Virgin 3 on Sky is Sky Sports Mix HD which is showing the exactly the same game...

So not only have they not shown the game on page 1 of the EPG on either Virgin 1 or Virgin 2 but showing it on 116 right alongside the same game shown for free in HD...

These people are beggar believe..

• Advertisement

Bear in mind two things:
    - the only reason it’s on VM3 at all is that VM Sport hasn’t launched yet.
    - most people will be more interested in Wales v Republic of Ireland. (They will, right? Won’t they?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

icdg wrote: »
    Bear in mind two things:
    - the only reason it’s on VM3 at all is that VM Sport hasn’t launched yet.
    - most people will be more interested in Wales v Republic of Ireland. (They will, right? Won’t they?)

Yep you’re right but many many people don’t have Sky Sports and they won’t know about S4C being FTA so they could easily have had a game in HD between 2 of Europe’s best international teams live to the audience without sky sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭NellyMcD

The VM Horizon box has a favourites option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

irishfeen wrote: »
    Amazingly bad scheduling for the UEFA Nations League game on Thursday night, they have the Germany v France game on Sky in SD on Virgin 3, absolutely nothing of note on Virgin 1 HD and Virgin 2 HD.

These people are beggar believe..

On Virgin Media 1 there is Emmerdale and their much publicised News At 8 which I'm sure they don't want to stop it for what are effectively glorified friendly matches.

Virgin Media 2 has Celebrity Big Brother on at 9pm. Don't know how popular this run is at the moment, but there's no point moving that later.

So it makes sense to have it on Virgin Media 3. They're showing one match on Friday, 3 matches on Saturday and Sunday, 1 match on Monday and Tuesday. And makes sense to keep them on one channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 John from Carlow

Why have they stopped showing Dickinsons real deal ?

Virgin Media 1 are showing the Liam Miller game from Cork, most of us who don't have HD can watch it in glorious digital quality on Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Virgin Media 1 are showing the Liam Miller game from Cork, most of us who don't have HD can watch it in glorious digital quality on Saorview.

It will be on Virgin Media Sports, with highlights on Virgin Media One later in the evening according to their press release.

iseegirls wrote: »
    It will be on Virgin Media Sports, with highlights on Virgin Media One later in the evening according to their press release.

My apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Hey Virgin Media Television... an féidir leat a tháirgeadh clár Gaeilge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

With less than two weeks to go, any info on an EPG number for VM Sport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭deezell

Hey Virgin Media Television... an féidir leat a tháirgeadh clár Gaeilge?

Wozzat's yer saying mate? Is that celtic or summat?

deezell wrote: »
    Wozzat's yer saying mate? Is that celtic or summat?

Is Gaeilge é.

Is Gaeilge é.

Ni aon Gaeilge ar Virgin Media.

Ni aon Gaeilge ar Virgin Media.

Tá súil agam sin a athrú.

Can we take the Gaelige to the appropriate forum please

Can we take the Gaelige to the appropriate forum please

Sorry. Link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I see the 7pm news has been scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I see the 7pm news has been scrapped.

7pm news scrapped in favour of 6:30 news
    6:30 news scrapped in favour of xpose
    8pm news scrapped in favour of a new 7pm news
    7pm news scrapped in favour of a new 8pm news

But always new!

Sorry. Link please?

You’ll find it in the site menu at the top, it’s called Teach na Gaelt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭deezell

You’ll find it in the site menu at the top, it’s called Teach na Gaelt.

(An) Mhaighdean Meáin

Advertisement