Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional news/discussion

Options
  • 04-05-2014 4:47pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'll keep all professional scene news here in case anybody's interested.

UGC Niagara on right now, Complexity mysteriously lost to an amateur team and are now about to play Optic Gaming in the losers bracket. Get the feeling that only certain teams are up for it. Complexity definitely not too interested. Clayster's having a dreadful tournament for Optic. I'd say Envy or Faze Black will win the tournament, outside possibility of Optic Nation

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

OG got 3-0'd by complexity, another poor performance out of Clayster. Nade and Scump played reasonably well.

Optic Nation currently leading TK 1-0. Streamed on MLG Bravo, but Studyy and Huhdle are commentating so it's unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Easy win for Col. Chokeshot getting outgunned against the pistol was funny. Col will go on to beat Envyus in the final.

Lol are you serious about Optic Nation having a chance?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

DoubleD wrote: »
    Easy win for Col. Chokeshot getting outgunned against the pistol was funny. Col will go on to beat Envyus in the final.

Yeah I did say outside possibility. Not saying they're anything like the favourites or second favourites or third favourites. I said outside possibility. Lol.

Given how far Vexx have gone in the competition, I think it's fair to say any team can do well, lots of teams are way off their best.

Nadeshot was probably Optic's second best player today, he was excellent against Curse Black this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No love for the Europeans? :pac:

EGL12's on atm, think its Epsilon to play Reign or Epsilon in the grand final. I try to follow Jake or Lewis's games as I used to play with them but they're both out :( probably back Epsilon for Jurd's Irishness!

http://t.co/KUVrKH6ulN

Nation have knocked out Faze Black (Basically the old Strictly Business lineup with Formal instead of Apathy), they're now against Complexity in round 6 of losers. The winner of that game will play Vexx, and then the winner of that is into the championship final vs. Envy. Good on Optic Nation for making the Top 4.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    No love for the Europeans? :pac:

EGL12's on atm, think its Epsilon to play Reign or Epsilon in the grand final. I try to follow Jake or Lewis's games as I used to play with them but they're both out :( probably back Epsilon for Jurd's Irishness!

http://t.co/KUVrKH6ulN

I'd post about it if I knew what was going on! I really only watch the US pros. Would love to hear any news you get

Optic Nation snag fourth place, Complexity against Vexx now. Vexx are 1-0 up :eek:

Vexx came so close to 2-0, coL just won the first SND 6-5. 1-1 going into the Blitz.

Aches classy as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

DoubleD wrote: »

Called it. They are just on another level to everyone else, amazing considering the skill gap on ghosts is so small.

Complexity gaming have sold their COD team, so Aches and co. are now playing for "Evil Geniuses"

Qualification for MLG X Games is done by pro points

• Advertisement

Massive pro tournament starting tomorrow. Call of Duty is now a sport in X-Games. No money for the winner, but since it'll be broadcast on American television, the teams have been treating it just as big as the World Championships. Exposure is a very big deal to people who rely almost exclusively on stream and youtube revenue for income.

Only 8 teams in it, all USA based - EG, Optic Gaming, Optic Nation, Strictly Business, Envy, Faze Red, Curse Orange, and Team Kaliber.

Predictions anyone? Optic Gaming have been a revelation in league, I reckon they'll be pushing EG closer than ever. I'll be very interested to see how Envy do. In terms of gameplay, I think Parasite was a fantastic addition to the team, Rambo was looking rustier and rustier in every LAN comp. On the other hand, I think he is dreadful for chemistry. I think he's had a horrible influence on Studyy and Nameless, and I don't think Merk likes playing with him at all.

Predicting the winner, it's just too easy to pick Complexity/Evil Geniuses every single time. They're obviously the best team in the game, nobody can argue. But they do have to lose some time. I think Optic Gaming are the closest of the rest. Optic Nation have proven winners but I don't think they have the hunger or commitment to really win a competition anymore. I don't think any of the rest will impress at all. Ridiculous that Curse Orange is there instead of Faze Black, but it's their own fault.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Do you have a link to this? Anything to show updates in progress? Streams etc?

Do you have a link to this? Anything to show updates in progress? Streams etc?

Best places for info are reddit.com/r/codcompetitive and reddit.com/r/OpTicGaming/

Think it starts around 5.00 pm today, all streamed for free on mlg.tv.

Unbelievable start to the comp, Strictly Business just lost Strikezone dom to EG by 1 point while holding a two cap! :(

Phizzurp single-handedly destroying EG in Warhawk SND is really something to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

snd is not their strong point
    but if anything I'd say warhawk was their best map for snd

Finished with a 2.4 kd. Not bad for a pick up

Optic Gaming beat Faze Red 3-1, OG's very strong domination game the difference.

Now there's a bit of fun, the pros are doing sniper 1v1s :D

Day 2 starting right now, Optic Nation playing SB in the losers bracket of their pool.

Phizzurp 11-2 in the SND, nobody went positive for ON. Says it all

• Advertisement

Nation are the first team knocked out, lost 3-1. Can't see that team lasting much longer

Holy crap Team Kaliber are absolutely destroying EG on blitz. 10-4 at the end of the first half, they were 10-1 up at one point :eek:

TK win 18-5, well I'll be damned.

Last day has started, TK are 1-0 up against NV. Optic play EG after this.

Tk come from behind to take the SND, 2 up now. Have to say TK is probably the most likable team of the whole lot. Would love Sharp to finish ahead of Aches.

What are the stream numbers like?

AdamD wrote: »
    What are the stream numbers like?

In or around 100,000 according to Sundance DiGiovanni's twitter. Not quite as much as COD championships I think.

And Optic have beaten EG 3-1! Bloody delighted, I would have hated EG to win this comp. Optic v. TK for the gold medal final, EG v. Envy in the Bronze

Scoreboard from the last domination round is really interesting I think

BpoTl6yIMAEHUD5.png

EG were so much better at slaying and got more caps, but Optic's rotation was far superior which gave them the win.

MLG Anaheim starts today, not quite as big as COD Champs or X Games but probably the next biggest event on the calender. Gonna be a very late one unforuntately, first game today is at 5.30pm EDT which is 9.30pm GMT.

It does include two european teams though, TCM and Epsilon which of course includes Cork's own Jurd.

• Advertisement

This over the weekend? Might give it a watch at some point, same timezone as me anyway.

Got team lists for TCM and Epsilon? Haven't watched in a long time. Flux or Rich still playing?

Advertisement