Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24: Day 9 - Live Another Day, Hour 1 & 2 [ 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. ] [** SPOILERS **]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

For me:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Used to be a massive fan but got very jaded with it around Series 6 (I think) - the one where his father and brother featured heavily :(

Don't really have the appetite to go back and catch up with Series 7 and 8 but have started taping the new series - basically (this is a really long lead in to a simple question) is there anything I really need to know before I start watching the new show?

cheers cm

6 was very poor I thought. 7 was ok, 8 was very good.

There not really much you need to know, Jack was a badass now he is known as a traitor to his country.

That mini movie between seasons 6 and 7 was pretty good too. 24: Redemption it was called, starred Robert Carlyle. Worth a look for anyone that hasnt seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Used to be a massive fan but got very jaded with it around Series 6 (I think) - the one where his father and brother featured heavily :(

Don't really have the appetite to go back and catch up with Series 7 and 8 but have started taping the new series - basically (this is a really long lead in to a simple question) is there anything I really need to know before I start watching the new show?

cheers cm

Just watch 7 and 8. By the time you have done that you'll have most of this new series ready to go.

Just thinking back here, season 7 is pretty great. Maybe one or two too many twists in it, but there's some really great stuff. I particularly liked the Starkwood section, the defence contractor. Jon Voight was great in it, I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Just thinking back here, season 7 is pretty great. Maybe one or two too many twists in it, but there's some really great stuff. I particularly liked the Starkwood section, the defence contractor. Jon Voight was great in it, I thought.

Yeah I thought it was a great season too up until the final few hours when
    Tony killed Larry and turned bad

Jack breaking
    Tony
    out of the FBI was right up there with him breaking Chloe out of the CIA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really enjoyed season 7 as well. Renee's descent down to Jacks 'whatever it takes' attitude was well done, and the White House siege was great as well.

Also, poor Bill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The thing about season 7
    was Tony was behaving suspiciously all season. But yeah I was really disappointed when he was the baddie the explanation of him planning revenge for Michelle was quite good.

Turtwig wrote: »
    The thing about season 7
    was Tony was behaving suspiciously all season. But yeah I was really disappointed when he was the baddie the explanation of him planning revenge for Michelle was quite good.

There was a few too many twists and I thought that the
    killing of Larry Moss was a bit unnecessary
    but by the end of the season, the Tony storyline kind of made sense. Its a very underrated season and the Starkwood part and the White House siege were particularly good. Some weak bits in the season too but all the seasons of 24 have weak sections, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I hated the way Larry was literally sign posted. Really hate when they do that and I agree with you it was very weak. Totally unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just got around to watching this, what an opening two episodes :D onto the third one now, loving the mix of new and old cast members.

Advertisement