Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24: Day 9 - Live Another Day, Hour 1 & 2 [ 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. ] [** SPOILERS **]

Options
  • 29-04-2014 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭

May as well kick it off to build excitement :p

(Contains clips from first 4 eps apparently, so...spoilers)

Day 8 Ending:
    http://www.24spoilers.com/2010/05/24/24-series-finale-final-scene/

2 hour Premier on Sky One - May 6, 1:00 a.m, repeat on Wed 7th May at 9pm.

Hour 1 Synopsis:
    Set and shot in London, the suspenseful event series once again will follow the exploits of heroic Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), as he attempts to thwart an unthinkable terrorist attack that could change the world forever.

Hour 2 Synopsis:
    Kate Morgan (Yvonne Strahovski) continues her hunt for Jack, as President Heller (William Devane) prepares to address Parliament after a devastating attack. Margot Al-Harazi (guest star Michelle Fairley) proves she is willing to sacrifice anything for revenge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

They can swap this into ERs for adrenaline. :D Jack's Back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm quite excited for this.

I actually ran into Stephen Fry on Fifth Avenue in New York last year. It was before he'd been announced in 24 though. If I'd known, I would have had a few more questions for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lady Stark/Tully is a baddie!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Clip from hour 1 here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6lbS6LjKbc (obvious spoilers)

The pumping music, split screens and jack kicking the sh*t out of people.
    Cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭pah

here we go...

• Advertisement

Got shivers hearing the new orange clock tick :D Class so far.

can't get the stupid grin off my face :D

fuppin yanky ad breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Friggin ad breaks are driving me mental. loving it so far though!

Can't stop smiling, that escape was the best ten minutes of 24 in years.

also, Kate would get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That escape was brilliant. No idea what jack is up to looks a totally broken man.

Brilliant episode. Classic 24! Loved it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Excellent start to the season! Delighted to have Jack back

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Arg, i've got to wait till tonight to watch it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Brilliant. Everything set up very quickly and lots of action. Good thing about the 12 episode format is they've got to cram everything in. On the downside, we only get 12 episodes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

35 minutes before Bauer said something and he was still the most intimidating character on screen. God I missed 24 (being this good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Did anybody else find this really bizarre?

Character "Kate Warner," appeared in 25 episodes back in 2002/2003: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2ysXHOpenJ0/UI7VpwadUEI/AAAAAAAAAB0/9Xe1thWCM3U/s1600/Kate4.jpg

Character "Kate Morgan," in the new series: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/07/article-0-1C19D83000000578-219_306x423.jpg

(different actresses.)

I find it weird that they did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Its actually common enough for 24 to have 2 different characters with the same name. Mike Novak and Mike Doyle (CTU agent). Alan York and Alan Wilson. David Palmer and David Emmerson.

Speaking of Kate, anyone else think that
    her husband was framed?

Kate, Alan and David are pretty common names...not that weird really.

Why would it be weird to have two different characters named Kate? Its not like their full names are the same, and even so, it wouldnt be that weird. What is weird is using the same actor/actress for different parts. The main bad guy from season 6 (General Juma) played a detective in season 3, the one that interviewed Julia Millikin after Alan Millikin's death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

must not look, don't have sky! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Its actually common enough for 24 to have 2 different characters with the same name. Mike Novak and Mike Doyle (CTU agent). Alan York and Alan Wilson. David Palmer and David Emmerson.

Speaking of Kate, anyone else think that
    her husband was framed?
    Kiith wrote: »
    Kate, Alan and David are pretty common names...not that weird really.
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Why would it be weird to have two different characters named Kate? Its not like their full names are the same, and even so, it wouldnt be that weird. What is weird is using the same actor/actress for different parts. The main bad guy from season 6 (General Juma) played a detective in season 3, the one that interviewed Julia Millikin after Alan Millikin's death.

Okay... Did any of you open the links?? It's not that they gave two characters the same name. It's that they gave two almost-identical characters the same name.

I did a google search of the past 24 hours and loads of people, like myself, found it really bizarre. Some people assumed it was the first Kate.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Okay... Did any of you open the links?? It's not that they gave two characters the same name. It's that they gave two almost-identical characters the same name.

I did a google search of the past 24 hours and loads of people, like myself, found it really bizarre. Some people assumed it was the first Kate.

I honestly cant see how anyone would think that the two of them even look alike, aside from both being blonde. Plus, one is a government agent, while the other one was about as far from a government agent as I could imagine. Maybe people's memories are dulled by the passage of time, or maybe its just me. I dont see any likeness at all, I must say.

Nope, i'm not even supposed to be reading this thread as i've not seen the episode yet.

I'm kind of playing with fire...

Damn it!

Don't be ridiculous

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Also, in season 7, the air traffic controller at the start when tony tries to crash the planes appeared as the launch control operator for the rockets in starkwood.
    2 different characters, same actor again. They must get a discount :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Can't stop smiling, that escape was the best ten minutes of 24 in years.

also, Kate would get it.

I 2nd this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Staying up until 03:00 in the morning to watch new 24... Worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭squonk

I caught the two kick off episodes lastnight. It's great to have Jack back. I thought it was a fairly strong setup and opening. The action kept up all the way through and it's great to see things really start to kick off now.

Yvonne Strahovsky is doing a great job so far. I'm a bit irked by Stephen Fry though. He just looked out of place there, but maybe that's just me. Lady Stark is shaping up as a decent sinister, kick ass baddie so far. Anyone else find it slightly jaring for a minute or two to see Colin Salmon playing a US general? I only felt that because I had the preconception that he'd be playinhg one of the UK characters and was used to him being British from Arrow.

Great to see that Jack is still badass and has probably even become moreso while he was away from our screens. Best of all though, Kim hasn't come back. I don't think any of us want that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I 2nd this.

You should watch Chuck if you like Kate :)

I loved 24 up until season 6 then it just got a little boring for me, I think I may have to jump back on it now I'm hearing how well this has been received.

Advertisement