Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24: Day 9 - Live Another Day, Hour 1 & 2 [ 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. ] [** SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Saw it last night, and really enjoyed it. That little smile on Jack's face after he got caught was brilliant. When the CIA agent was telling Jack he was past it as well...asking for trouble boy :P

Good start, and looking forward to where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Best part was, jack goes into a room full of armed men and says "I want to trade you your life for the hacker, you think I'm at a disadvantage but I assure you I'm not".

Jack is easily my favourite action hero in film or TV. Dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Bm7axxsCEAAWPCH.jpg:medium

I paused that list as well, trying to remember how he killed these people. I'm guessing there was a 2nd, 3rd and probably 4th page there as well :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'll be honest, at the end when the girl was taking off her contacts and wig, I was half hoping it was Tony Almeida in disguise :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'll be honest, at the end when the girl was taking off her contacts and wig, I was half hoping it was Tony Almeida in diguise :pac:

Did I miss something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

the_monkey wrote: »
    Did I miss something ?

The fact that Tony Almeida is a badass? :P

What girl taking of her contacts?, last I remember was some guy who took over the drone saying "Job Done" ...

Oh, there was a double episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭rob316

the_monkey wrote: »
    What girl taking of her contacts?, last I remember was some guy who took over the drone saying "Job Done" ...

You missed an episode, they showed 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I was a bit disapppointed with this list. It only mentions kills since the series began surely Jack had killed folks before that. :)

rob316 wrote: »
    You missed an episode, they showed 2!
    OH **** !!!!!

Thanks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

Just looked at the first two episodes, looking very good so far, I was worried they might ruin it after such a long break, but I shouldn't have doubted them, excellent start to season 9

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I was worried that Jack was not wracking up a body count, silly me. Looking forward to the next 10 or so episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Only noticed from looking on IMDB that Steve Navarro (head of CIA) is Mannys dad in Modern Family! Never would've guessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Solid opener. Only thing that bugged me was.... If Jack was trying to get caught in the opening scene - why did he run?

Degag wrote: »
    Solid opener. Only thing that bugged me was.... If Jack was trying to get caught in the opening scene - why did he run?

Believability? To get back in the swing of things? For sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

To make it look authentic, rather than just walking up to them and saying "Hi, I'm Jack Bauer, a wanted fugitive, would you mind arresting me and
    bringing me to your interrogation centre so I can free my old pal Chloe O'Brian
    "?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

miralize wrote: »
    Believability? To get back in the swing of things? For sport?
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    To make it look authentic, rather than just walking up to them and saying "Hi, I'm Jack Bauer, a wanted fugitive, would you mind arresting me and
    bringing me to your interrogation centre so I can free my old pal Chloe O'Brian
    "?

Hehe lads no need to get so defensive. Love 24 so any minor plot holes don't make much difference to me but in all seriousness, if he wanted to get caught, I don't think he would have risked about 50 bullets coming within inches of his head???!!!

Hehe lads no need to get so defensive. Love 24 so any minor plot holes don't make much difference to me but in all seriousness, if he wanted to get caught, I don't think he would have risked about 50 bullets coming within inches of his head???!!!

Its Jack Bauer. Bullets just bounce off him anyway ;)

• Advertisement

Or they hit him in the vest. :)

Although in season 1 he did actually get wounded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Didn't he get shot at the end of hour 2 by the guy he stabbed in the face? Definitely no vest on.

Given the near and return from death experiences that Mr. Bauer has had, I'm surprise there is no First Church of the St. Jack in existence.

Also, who knew Ava Hessington(Suits) moonlighted as an international power player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Manach wrote: »
    Given the near and return from death experiences that Mr. Bauer has had, I'm surprise there is no First Church of the St. Jack in existence.

Also, who knew Ava Hessington(Suits) moonlighted as an international power player.

I would have assumed people would see her as the Stark woman from Game of Thrones ahead of Suits.

Yep. :o
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Lady Stark/Tully is a baddie!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Used to be a massive fan but got very jaded with it around Series 6 (I think) - the one where his father and brother featured heavily :(

Don't really have the appetite to go back and catch up with Series 7 and 8 but have started taping the new series - basically (this is a really long lead in to a simple question) is there anything I really need to know before I start watching the new show?

cheers cm

Dermighty wrote: »
    I would have assumed people would see her as the Stark woman from Game of Thrones ahead of Suits.
    I know not of this "Game of Thrones" ... (likely the only one on boards.ie, as never a Martin fan).

IGN did a recap of each season recently. You could get the basics there, though i'd still recommend watching seasons 7 and 8. They were pretty good.

Seasons 7 and 8 were very good. I thought 6 was the weakest season myself, although its still good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭pah

Advertisement