Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4; Episode 4: 'Oathkeeper'; *Have NOT* Read the Books

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

did he not also cut off Jaime's hand too. I couldn't place him while watching the episode so at least makes more sense now. Thanks.

Thought it was good enough episode- progressed most of the plots and revealed more about the conspiracy and white walkers so definitely not a filler episode for me.

I could see the awkwardness in the Margaery and young king's bedroom scene- must have been hard for the young actor playing that scene!

I'd say he loved it.

Anyway, Hodor and Summer are my main concern now. They better live!

Also, the White Walkers look very creepy. They did a great job creating them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

snausages wrote: »
    I think Littlefinger wants to become king of everything basically. They've been portraying him that way for a while (that scene last season about climbing the ladder, also some other scenes I can't quite recall).

Littlefinger is the most powerful and manipulative man in Westeros. Even if he speaks funny.
    I'd give that title to Vary's. Littlefinger wants the throne for himself, which I think will be his downfall. They say that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I think that somewhere down the line Littlefinger is going to get too greedy, overplay his hand and end up with his head on a spike.

Vary's on the other hard is far more dangerous because he is willing to stay in the background pulling the strings. He shows no inclination to take the throne himself and repeatedly says that he wants what's best for the realm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Not a lot to see here. Too much King's Landing waffle. The whole defeat of Meereen done off camera... WTF? Like I said before, Spartacus managed decent battle scenes on what have to have been much smaller than the GoT budget. An entire civilization falls off camera?
    Some redemption near the end, and what this whole series is badly lacking: magic! I don't feel sorry for that kid at all. I'd rather be turned into and ice man than whatever those lads back at the house had in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So does anyone know what the deal with white walkers ageing is? Do they have to raise these kids for like 18 years before they're ready to fight haha, and jaysus christ how many fecking babies have they received throughout the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Not a lot to see here. Too much King's Landing waffle. The whole defeat of Meereen done off camera... WTF? Like I said before, Spartacus managed decent battle scenes on what have to have been much smaller than the GoT budget. An entire civilization falls off camera?
    Some redemption near the end, and what this whole series is badly lacking: magic! I don't feel sorry for that kid at all. I'd rather be turned into and ice man than whatever those lads back at the house had in store.
    Nobody defeated Meereen, the slaves just opened the gates and let the army in.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So does anyone know what the deal with white walkers ageing is? Do they have to raise these kids for like 18 years before they're ready to fight haha, and jaysus christ how many fecking babies have they received throughout the years!
    I wonder are they only getting gifted babies by Craster. Wouldn't be that many of them then. Looking at the rest of the wildlings there seems to be more males than females if anything, so it doesn't look like giving up the male babies is that common.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

the white walkers horse was f1ucking class.they need to give more time to the walkers

Liam O wrote: »
    Nobody defeated Meereen, the slaves just opened the gates and let the army in.
    It just made no sense to me. You have an army at your gates and a gang of skivvies with a bag of knives waltz past your army and let the enemy in? It looks like it could have been a cool segment that just went all wrong at the scriptwriting.

I wonder are they only getting gifted babies by Craster. Wouldn't be that many of them then. Looking at the rest of the wildlings there seems to be more males than females if anything, so it doesn't look like giving up the male babies is that common.

Ye was thinking that too. They must be getting some off wildlings. Craster would have had his work cut out to produce all them!

naughto wrote: »
    the white walkers horse was f1ucking class.they need to give more time to the walkers
    Were those frozen guys in the first series white walkers too? They didn't seem to act one bit like these guys, just basically snow zombies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

I think Littlefinger wants to become king of everything basically. They've been portraying him that way for a while (that scene last season about climbing the ladder, also some other scenes I can't quite recall).

That ladder scene was brilliant alright. But I remember a more recent scene where he says something along the lines of "Given the chance, what do we do to those who've hurt the ones we love?"
    Part of me thinks that they are trying so hard to make him come across as the bad guy that it may not be true. He's really a selfish character but he loved Catelyn, was obsessed with her even. And the Lannisters are the reason she's dead. I dunno, I could be well off the mark (I don't trust my instincts with this show anymore, too many twists!), but maybe his ultimate goal was always to win her, become worthy of her with a title and power and when she died that turned into wanting revenge. Gaining power is just a means to an end if that's the case.
    Littlefinger is the most powerful and manipulative man in Westeros. Even if he speaks funny.

I laughed so much at this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Tommen is a very lucky boy.

I think littlefinger knows he cant face any of the others with an army so is letting everyone else do his dirty work and then at the end will finish whats left. I wouldnt be surprised to see him become a lot more important. He is shown as wanting the throne here:

Was a good episode, really want to see the story involving the Boltons and Ironborn though. And also Gendry storyline would be nice to see. Hopefully they mix it up next week and show some of them.

Were those frozen guys in the first series white walkers too? They didn't seem to act one bit like these guys, just basically snow zombies.
    no they dident,id be thinking that the lads we seen in this ep are the head lads.the ones that we seen before are prob just scumbags wakers that will fight with them selfs after a liverpool game,
    is there women white walkers does any one know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭macslash

Lads, at the end of season 3 Theon's sister disobeyed her auld fella and we saw her load and board a ship to go bring back Theon. Is she still sailing or what? Unless I'm having a complete brainfart we havnt seen her this series yet sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I genuinely thought that when Margery left Tommen's room, we were going to see an awkward "first wet dream" scene :eek:

no they dident,id be thinking that the lads we seen in this ep are the head lads.the ones that we seen before are prob just scumbags wakers that will fight with them selfs after a liverpool game,
    Haha, I blame the parents. Sure what chance did they have in life.
    Pretty sure now I think of it they did call them white walkers in series 1. Unless they weren't of course because they're nothing at all like these rather serene and noble (if very creepy) looking guys on snow horses.

I genuinely thought that when Margery left Tommen's room, we were going to see an awkward "first wet dream" scene :eek:
    Actually, I was 100% sure as the camera panned down we'd see somebody snooping under the bed. It was such a weird scene transition as you don't really see it anywhere else in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

macslash wrote: »
    Lads, at the end of season 3 Theon's sister disobeyed her auld fella and we saw her load and board a ship to go bring back Theon. Is she still sailing or what? Unless I'm having a complete brainfart we havnt seen her this series yet sure?

No she hasn't been in it this season yet. That actually doesn't make much sense at all since it seems a lot of time has passed. Isn't Ramsey taking Theon with him now though when he goes after the Stark lads, so she's not going to find him at the Dreadfort even if she does show up?

id say he pulled the bar off him self
    i no i would have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'd love if they just killed off Bran and those other two kids. They bore the hell out of me. The good thing about GoT is that it might actually happen. There has been way too much time dedicated to them without a decent enough reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I didn't even notice Littlefinger's accent. I think he's great. I'm right, your all wrong :pac:

Grimebox wrote: »
    I'd love if they just killed off Bran and those other two kids. They bore the hell out of me. The good thing about GoT is that it might actually happen. There has been way too much time dedicated to them without a decent enough reason.
    I don't know. I've a feeling any of the major characters who have a superpower are less likely to be killed off. Bran has done fook all with his Manimal thing so far. Why didn't they just go straight to free the two wolves anyway instead of waiting until morning and dicking about at the front of Casters gaff?

I didn't even notice Littlefinger's accent. I think he's great. I'm right, your all wrong :pac:
    Strange. I was even wincing waiting for it ant he wasn't anywhere near as bad as last week. He must have heard us. :D

id say it be bran and the dragons come the end of this show thats all will be left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Yes. Back in the first episode, season one, the opening scene was three rangers who got attacked by a bunch of walkers. One guy escaped and ran away and was beheaded by Ned for deserting the Night's watch.

Friendly walker kid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I wish they'd kill them off too. Ruined that episode for me, tbh. It's possibly his hair that annoys me the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

I could see the awkwardness in the Margaery and young king's bedroom scene- must have been hard for the young actor playing that scene!

I'd say he was quite happy that he had a duvet pulled up over him!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Degag wrote: »
    I'd say he was quite happy that he had a duvet pulled up over him!

I'd say he had a visit from the Hand of the King after that:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

When his cat jumped on to the bed all I could think was wow Nice Pussy .............

Advertisement