Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 28-4-14

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

rovert wrote: »
    In fairness it wasn't just Alvarez, Comes from the same ethic that "why doesn't Cena/babyface locker room hope out and save babyface x" does from. All things need to be explained for some.

Is it not a fair point to extend psychology to angles skits and segments? Think the babyface/locker room comment was on point as Triple H empties the heel locker room when it suits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Is it not a fair point to extend psychology to angles skits and segments? Think the babyface/locker room comment was on point as Triple H empties the heel locker room when it suits.

WWE has long established that fans shouldn't think about that.

In previous decades the promoter would say earlier in the show that their Cena was off visiting a children's hospital of something before a heel beatdown. Subsequent to that the babyface lockeroom was padlocked or an emergency meeting was called elsewhere in the arena.

But Cena not saving Bryan does look made Cena look like a self involved dickhead when they are dating a set of Sisters.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I see what ya mean. I reckon Babyfaces don't go out and save someone getting beaten down because they're not watching the show (ie getting ready for their match etc). Only those with vested interest in the segment (like Big E, or those beside gorilla with their theme queued up) would watch.

I suppose everything should be scrutinised and picked apart the same but I'd be of the ilk to only do that to crappy segments when there's nothing positive to hang on to. There's precious little to enjoy in today's WWE without shítting on the good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know when Punk and Bryan were teaming before (think against the Authority) that Punk said the reason he doesn't help Bryan is because he knows Bryan wants to stand up to them on his own and it's the same reason why Bryan doesn't come to help Punk. Or something along those lines.

Of course maybe Cena's just jealous because Bryan got the nicer of the Bellas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    There's precious little to enjoy in today's WWE without shítting on the good stuff.

Ain't that the truth. So much of what we discuss and debate and the fantasy booking and all that is moot as WWE could care less as Rovert pointed out.

Fwiw, The Shield made the save for John Cena when The Wyatts attacked him after the 3on1 the other week. It only happened on the Network post-game show ergo "if it didn't happen on TV then it didn't happen".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The obvious explanation is that the babyfaces are afraid of the authority and don't want to lose their jobs.

There are always explanations for these things without WWE going out of their way to explain it. That said the commentators could do a better job of filling in plot holes but they don't need to. Smarks like to point out plot holes but a lot of times they have explanations if you use your imagination - just WWE didn't bother coming up with one because they are too busy trying to entertain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't mind commentators not spelling everything out, provided it's clear there's reasons certain things are being done. But I think there's a difference between it not being spelled out, and the audience having to go write their own story to fill in blanks that were caused by poor writing.

Anyway, the kids thing wouldn't bother me. I can get why it might bother some but there's far shaker aspects to the feud than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,948 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Such a stupid criticism.

I mean if we really wanna delve into the real life of what would happen in wrestling, why was Kane not swiftly arrested for a possible questionably motivated abduction of a young female.

Not everything has to be completely real life logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah lads its wrestling. Logic doesn't really belong in general.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yeah lads its wrestling. Logic doesn't really belong in general.

I 100% disagree. But this goes back to something Jay mentioned the other day about Divas and how WWE have conditioned people to just accept massive flaws in the product.

There's always some level of logic involved in everything, even if it's minimal. It's more that we're asked to draw a very low line in the sand as to how far we'll let that logic drop before we give out.

Logic is the foundation of everything in storytelling; it's why faces fight heels, why people fight for championships, why person A wants to fight Person B. Without logic...well, look at anything Vince Russo puts his hands on. Products fail.

Fair enough if you don't mind the lack of logic in where Bray found the kids (being honest, that never even crossed my mind until this morning reading this topic), and I'd agree with the notion that you shouldn't let a logic gap make you as angry as it makes some people. But nor should people be criticized for wanting a basic level of logic when wanting to invest in a storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I 100% disagree. But this goes back to something Jay mentioned the other day about Divas and how WWE have conditioned people to just accept massive flaws in the product.

There's always some level of logic involved in everything, even if it's minimal. It's more that we're asked to draw a very low line in the sand as to how far we'll let that logic drop before we give out.

Logic is the foundation of everything in storytelling; it's why faces fight heels, why people fight for championships, why person A wants to fight Person B. Without logic...well, look at anything Vince Russo puts his hands on. Products fail.

Fair enough if you don't mind the lack of logic in where Bray found the kids (being honest, that never even crossed my mind until this morning reading this topic), and I'd agree with the notion that you shouldn't let a logic gap make you as angry as it makes some people. But nor should people be criticized for wanting a basic level of logic when wanting to invest in a storyline.

That's why I said in general :pac:

I agree with you but overthinking things and trying to have perfect logic to everything will just annoy you imo.

Vince being the "higher power" was stupid and illogical but I was damn entertained by it.

Advertisement