Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain your username

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I like making certain type comments on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

It's a type of minty lozenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I was an individual with a penchant for psychotropic substances and a keen interest in current affairs until I came to the conclusion that humans are a selfish bunch of ar$eholes whose only purpose on this planet is to overpopulate it with increasingly lazier and more selfish generations. Upon coming to this conclusion, I realized that the condition of the true inner Hippie is utter and fierce burning rage.

Then I stopped smoking dope and became all mainstream, just before the Hip-sters took over from the Hip-pies and made me pretty glad to be a cog in the big wheel grinding us all to our inevitable doom.
    I have maintained my anger and am working at ways to focus it to generate energy without the by product of contempt and hatred. with little success to date.
    I may have to re-engage with some hallucinogens to reconnect the dots on that one, but I'm too busy workin for "the man" I'll save it for a time closer to the impending apocalypse when it is well and truly too late to alter the fate of our damned species and then ride the bomb to trigger the doomsday machine.

Also, I couldn't be facked changing my username from when I first got called a "fcukin hippie" and it made me angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

I like The Karate Kid.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭FurQyou

No, I will not explain my username!

Who do you think you are?

FurQ you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

One of my middle names is Elizabeth. Jones is the surname of my fav female movie character as well as a surname that I will be adopting as my own just as soon as all of the legalities are in place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I was an individual with a penchant for psychotropic substances and a keen interest in current affairs until I came to the conclusion that humans are a selfish bunch of ar$eholes whose only purpose on this planet is to overpopulate it with increasingly lazier and more selfish generations. Upon coming to this conclusion, I realized that the condition of the true inner Hippie is utter and fierce burning rage.

Then I stopped smoking dope and became all mainstream, just before the Hip-sters took over from the Hip-pies and made me pretty glad to be a cog in the big wheel grinding us all to our inevitable doom.
    I have maintained my anger and am working at ways to focus it to generate energy without the by product of contempt and hatred. with little success to date.
    I may have to re-engage with some hallucinogens to reconnect the dots on that one, but I'm too busy workin for "the man" I'll save it for a time closer to the impending apocalypse when it is well and truly too late to alter the fate of our damned species and then ride the bomb to trigger the doomsday machine.

Also, I couldn't be facked changing my username from when I first got called a "fcukin hippie" and it made me angry.

For some reason I get the impression you'd make a great politician. And if you do, don't end up like Ming Flanaghan, he's a clown... Also people will call you a fcukin prîck instead of a fcukin hippie.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

A pun on the name of an inexplicably famous lesbian chat show host.... And my name is Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

One of my middle names is Elizabeth. Jones is the surname of my fav female movie character as well as a surname that I will be adopting as my own just as soon as all of the legalities are in place. :)

And there was me thinking there was another woolyback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Thought on the river was a tip to your poker playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

My father worked in a carpet factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Some day perhaps ?

And there was me thinking there was another woolyback.

A What???!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

A What???!!???

One who has certain altercations with sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Aphex wrote: »
    There are some very odd usernames on here. What is your reason behind it?

I'm guessing yours is a reference to Aphex Twin? :D

Mine's a reference to Kraftwerk

One who has certain altercations with sheep.

LMAO!!!!!!!! Sheep in large Canadian cities are so common these days (NOT!) but the last fellow I dated was rather hairy if that counts. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Well... I am Commander in Chief of the US Atlantic Fleet so it seemed appropiate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

I'm guessing yours is a reference to Aphex Twin? :D

Mine's a reference to Kraftwerk

It is indeed :) I remember one night years ago watching MTV back when MTV actually played music, this fcucked up video came on (windowlicker). I was absolutely freaked out, but fascinated by it at the same time of how they achieved the special effects (credit to Chris Cunningham) + the music it's self was really unusual but I liked it, and have been a fan of the very weird and talented Richard D James ever since. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Aphex wrote: »
    It is indeed :) I remember one night years ago watching MTV back when MTV actually played music, this fcucked up video came on (windowlicker). I was absolutely freaked out, but fascinated by it at the same time of how they achieved the special effects (credit to Chris Cunningham) + the music it's self was really unusual but I liked it, and have been a fan of the very weird and talented Richard D James ever since. :)

Haha, nice. I'm a huge fan myself. Wearing an Aphex tshirt as we speak.
    Hope you heard about the Caustic Window Kickstarter! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Haha, nice. I'm a huge fan myself. Wearing an Aphex tshirt as we speak.
    Hope you heard about the Caustic Window Kickstarter! :D

I looked it up there. I wasn't aware of that at all! :o

I'll be defo checking it out though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

It's a dull story really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

iHave no imagination

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Mines fairly simple...I'm Irish and I used to own a Honda CRX...Hence Irishcrx...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Was a fan of Aimee Mann after the film Magnolia...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

I needed a username that's cutting edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I used to smoke a lot of weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Zubeneschamali is one of the two bright stars in the constellation Libra, now visible in the South around 2.00 am. Libra is my birth sign in astrology, meaning that the Sun was not in Libra when I was born because Astrologers have no clue about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Mind you own feckin business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I've just always been called uch

21/25

Advertisement