Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On a transatlantic Aer Lingus flight using their new inflight WiFi AMA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

Will pass on your warm regards! Hope the 11 hours going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

Gonna take a break - Appreciate all the banter guys!
    Here's a gift from me to you. - Back later.
    http://global3.memecdn.com/unbelievable-wingsuit-cave-flight_webm_1324861.webm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

have a good nap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭secman

Go easy with mrs cowboyjoe................ on your break....... still watching you.... kacks are..............well..........so yester year......really !

Safe journey........ naw not on the flight.......hate flying........... down the N11 is my sort of journey.

secman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Considering you're bored, how about some dares?

Shout hi JACK! down the back. :)

• Advertisement

Shhh OP is now taking a nap..

He'll BRB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Nemeses wrote: »
    Shhh OP is now taking a nap..

In economy, that's a luxury enjoyed only by the old, the medicated or the short of arse.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    In economy, that's a luxury enjoyed only by the old, the medicated or the short of arse.

This is true.

Just came back to say the wifi cut out for about 5 mins over the hudson bay. No big deal though, back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just came back to say the wifi cut out for about 5 mins over the hudson bay. No big deal though, back now.

Might be interesting if it was all the engines instead.

Enjoy your time in The Castro.

• Advertisement

Might be interesting if it was all the engines instead.

Enjoy your time in The Castro.

Wow, out of all the responses this is by far the worst. Be proud.

WiFi VERY spotty over Canada, keep losing the album stream i've been listening to all across the ocean.

WiFi VERY spotty over Canada, keep losing the album stream i've been listening to all across the ocean.

BLAME CANADA!

music keeps cutting out - FYI using google's cloud music service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

OP, you'll be over Wapusk National Park shortly - you can familiarise yourself with the local flora and fauna here.

If she goes down, be prepared to wrestle a polar bear with your bare hands.

The remaining survivors will then elect you leader, thus giving you first dibs on who gets eaten when the group is faced with the inevitable cannibalism to survive.

Don't look down, you are 7.57 miles up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Aren't planes amazing though! The OP is over Canada and I'm still sitting in my kitchen since he started this thread!!!!

What time is it there OP?

Chucken wrote: »
    Aren't planes amazing though! The OP is over Canada and I'm still sitting in my kitchen since he started this thread!!!!

UTC it's 17:54

Few things have happened, internet crapped itself over Canada so I asked whatsup and the staff were clueless yet amazingly helpful. They suggested shutting down browser and re logging in (something I suggest a lot in my day job) -

Back online, now admittedly need to not drink any more wine since i gotta go on route 101 later.

I don't think sleep is on the cards at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Are you not bored out of your mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

listen to the noise of the engine, if you stopped noticing it after a few hours, its back. your welcome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

MS.ing wrote: »
    listen to the noise of the engine, if you stopped noticing it after a few hours, its back. your welcome

I like the noise of the engines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yizzer hilarious, t's 10 yoyo for an hour or 20 yoyo for 24 hrs, I bought 24hr. - I'm going to SFO. I don't think reddit gives a **** about aerlingus stuff but thought you might...

It costs nothing!! each time I have flown transatlantic they pass around a card...you paid for it?? OH MY!!!

THAT MEANS YOU ARE IN ECONOMY!!! *ewwwwww*

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

actually they have power in the seats, and im in economy. NTB!

I know you fecker move off my side of the seat will ya FFS, you're taking up all the space !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tell me op, it's 20€ for 24 hours right? is that 24 hours of access ? in other words for that €20.00 will you have access on the way home too ??? Either way it's a great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

cowboyjoe wrote: »
    My mrs is on that flight texting me via wattsapp...she went for the fillet steak and Côte dû rhône...fyi!

shag this guys mrs while at the same time joining mile high club on boards

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Airbus ground proximity warning system calls you a retard when you're about to touch down :)

Okay, it may be telling you to retard the throttles..

Chucken wrote: »

Yea there is something very exciting about reading posts from way up there:).Thanks for getting in touch!

• Advertisement

OP, just as you come in for landing, play this really loud:

It's actually for an A320, but they'll be to busy screaming/praying to notice the difference.

Advertisement