Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On a transatlantic Aer Lingus flight using their new inflight WiFi AMA

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

yeah, i'm actually working too - i can work from anywhere in my job which is nice.

Working on Boards? Is that you Dav? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    do you have a mid atlantic accent now?

**** off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Here, leave us on the arse of that bar, will ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

i know how to spell, it's an american laptop which makes everything americanised. You really shouldn't be a pedant if you're educated to the extent that you're correcting internationally accepted spellings of different words.

No no, not being pedantic at all. Just making sure being in 'murica doesn't change you

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Hello?! Hello???! Can you hear me? I'm writing to you all from a mysterious horseless carriage called a "Bus" , what strange witchcraft has befallen me.....

Nah but seriously op, In-flight WiFi on flights has been around for about 5 years now, aint no thang. Norwegian AIR have been offering it for free since 2011

• Advertisement

dm09 wrote: »
    Hello?! Hello???! Can you hear me? I'm writing to you all from a mysterious horseless carriage called a "Bus" , what strange witchcraft has befallen me.....

Nah but seriously op, In-flight WiFi on flights has been around for about 5 years now, aint no thang. Norwegian AIR have been offering it for free since 2011

no they haven't.
    Not transatlantic

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Here, leave us on the arse of that bar, will ye?

How's Flash my Frankenstein?

No no, not being pedantic at all. Just making sure being in 'murica doesn't change you
    It did, but i can still spell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Does the Air Marshall know the kind of stuff your viewing OP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Is the flight busy?
    Is it busy in business class?
    What movies are on the flight?
    What's the hostie eye candy like?

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Does the Air Marshall know the kind of stuff your viewing OP?

Yeah he said "nice tits"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is there a smell of fart?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

no they haven't.
    Not transatlantic

This article is from Feb 2011

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/norwegian-offers-free-in-flight-wifi
    Norwegian Air Shuttle has launched its first plane equipped with wifi internet, and the service will initially be available to all passengers free of charge.
    The carrier says it is the first airline to offer high-speed broadband on flights within Europe, although SAS will be hot on its heels with its own service due to launch in April

Fly with them regularly, still free within Europe, not sure about transatlantic. Emirates have had WiFi on their long haul Fleet since 2011

Is the flight busy?
    Is it busy in business class?
    What movies are on the flight?
    What's the hostie eye candy like?

nope
    looked to be, I'm not there
    Oscar bait from this year and a few random things, i watched a bit of fight club during takeoff.
    They're nice, went out of their way to get me a cabsav because i dislike shiraz.

dm09 wrote: »
    This article is from Feb 2011

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/norwegian-offers-free-in-flight-wifi

Fly with them regularly, still free within Europe, not sure about transatlantic. Emirates have had WiFi on their long haul Fleet since 2011

that says nothing about transatlantic.

spurious wrote: »
    Is there a smell of fart?

not yet but i expect it by Canada.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭kinklee7

Did I miss the Flight No ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Have you taken or do you expect to be taking a shít on your flight. If so how do you feel about this ? If not what preparations did you take to avoid such a situation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Working on Boards? Is that you Dav? :P

Lets hope he doesn't hit the wrong button this time.

:D

Have you taken or do you expect to be taking a shít on your flight and if so how do you feel about this ?

no yet, i usually do though since i had a couple of guinness earlier.

• Advertisement

Are you on your phone or laptop or tablet?

Dónal wrote: »
    Are you on your phone or laptop or tablet?

laptop - although the great thing about this compared to united is if i log onto my tablet is transfers the session united make to pay per MAC address which is bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

They're nice, went out of their way to get me a cabsav because i dislike shiraz.

Did they go down to Tesco for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i flew aer lingus to new york 3 week ago and a couple of things i observed

we got the same sugary stuff on the salad going over as op but plain salad coming back. dinner was fine both ways (i have flown transatlantic economy with numerous carriers and its the usual fare)

the ondemand movie service is really good, i watched "the guard" (funny as hell) and the documentary on dublin vs meath in 1991

no wifi on our plane as the flights from shannon are being leased from air contractors. i did pay for wifi on a southwest flight from newark to new orleans though. $8 for the trip (2.5 hours) and it worked well.

dmc17 wrote: »
    Did they go down to Tesco for you?

by the taste of it it was probably dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've never used the toilet on a plane. And I've taken around 30 flights in my lifetime. Always wee before and after landing.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i flew aer lingus to new york 3 week ago and a couple of things i observed

we got the same sugary stuff on the salad going over as op but plain salad coming back. dinner was fine both ways (i have flown transatlantic economy with numerous carriers and its the usual fare)

the ondemand movie service is really good, i watched "the guard" (funny as hell) and the documentary on dublin vs meath in 1991

no wifi on our plane as the flights from shannon are being leased from air contractors.

sugary stuff is mank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I've never used the toilet on a plane. And I've taken around 30 flights in my lifetime. Always wee before and after landing.

The turbulence always starts as soon as I go to the toilet.

i like using them, there's that cool suction noise.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

You've just crossed Greenland.

Advertisement