Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On a transatlantic Aer Lingus flight using their new inflight WiFi AMA

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

points for mommas and the poppas!

Scott McKenzie!

Go back to hippy school. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I'm sitting in an out house f

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

emirates is the same, like having a fecking HTPC in yer seat.

Emirates are the best, I always try and fly with them when heading to Asia. The only negative is that their screens on A380 are too bright at the dimmest setting after the lights go out after dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

Chucken wrote: »
    Are you going on your holidays or leaving us forever?

just a work trip, back next week.

anncoates wrote: »
    Scott McKenzie!

Go back to hippy school. :)

you got me, i like their version better though. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

just a work trip, back next week.

One of my favourite bars, Mikkeller, are after opening in SF at 34 Mason St. Worth checking out if you have the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I'm a fan of airplane food and would appreciate if you posted pics of all your meals

jester77 wrote: »
    One of my favourite bars, Mikkeller, are after opening in SF at 34 Mason St. Worth checking out if you have the time.

I do actually! Thanks, i'll check it out!

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I'm a fan of airplane food and would appreciate if you posted pics of all your meals

late to the party bub

as we've already cleared US customs duty free is not available on this flight, that's a new one on me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

You still there OP? You've disappeared off the radar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not that anyone cares but the answer is 'no tomatoes'

late to the party bub

bub? Just saw the pic, yum, looks good. Unusual to get curry on an Aer Lingus flight though, then again I've never flown long haul with them!

faceman wrote: »
    Not that anyone cares but the answer is 'no tomatoes'

might of missed the question. What's wrong with tomaYtos?

dmc17 wrote: »
    You still there OP? You've disappeared off the radar

still here getting bumpy though.

Is the plane half full? Do you have a row to yourself? Do Aer Lingus give you free piss for the whole journey?

Is the plane half full? Do you have a row to yourself? Do Aer Lingus give you free piss for the whole journey?

yes. yes. no - booze is a fiver for a beer or wine which is where BA beats them. However on the way back not having to go via LHR is gonna be savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

still here getting bumpy though.

I was watching it on flightradar and you can get a cockpit view or watch from behind the plane. The plane was rolling from side to side coming into Greenland and then said 'lost contact' :eek:

yes. yes. no - booze is a fiver for a beer or wine which is where BA beats them. However on the way back not having to go via LHR is gonna be savage.

Cool, so you could try and get some kip stretched across the 3 of them. Last time I was trans atlantic I did that, it makes long haul barely manageable. I'm jealous of you now. Oh and if they're selling that "Crean's" lager it's quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

What colour is the plane? Is there much flavour in the food? What is your favourite thing about the flight so far?

• Advertisement

What colour is the plane? Is there much flavour in the food? What is your favourite thing about the flight so far?

lol

Standard Aer Lingus livery, yes, but the wrong kind (think i ate a whole clove). Favourite thing so far is the wifi - I am an internet addict - i suffer withdrawals when I doing longhaul if i don't get internuts.

Standard Aer Lingus livery, yes, but the wrong kind (think i ate a whole clove). Favourite thing so far is the wifi - I am an internet addict - i suffer withdrawals when I doing longhaul if i don't get internuts.

take a pic out the window!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As its a work trip can you claim back the WiFi on your expenses?

do you have a mid atlantic accent now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Thanks, but I don't really care about your answers. I'm just trying to reinforce the correct spelling of certain words that the yanks have desecrated. Please amend the errors of your ways should you ever realise (not realize) that americanisms have crept into your vocabulary

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dandyo

Come outside boy...It's windy!!!!!!!

take a pic out the window!!!!

maybe later i'm camping the 4 seaters for now so that i can get shuteye later.

Thanks, but I don't really care about your answers. I'm just trying to reinforce the correct spelling of certain words that the yanks have desecrated. Please amend the errors of your ways should you ever realise (not realize) that americanisms have crept into your vocabulary

i know how to spell, it's an american laptop which makes everything americanised. You really shouldn't be a pedant if you're educated to the extent that you're correcting internationally accepted spellings of different words.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    As its a work trip can you claim back the WiFi on your expenses?

yeah, i'm actually working too - i can work from anywhere in my job which is nice.

Advertisement