Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark souls II - PC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I joined the blue sentinels, was afk/alt tabbed and got sent in to defend some guy had not got a clue what was going on, and their was this blue guy so i thought he was friendly and went over to him and he killed me lol.

Then it happened a second time when i wasnt afk, and i kicked the blokes ass, was the noob duel of a life time i tell thee !! a life time.

Yea so it gets a thumbs up from me, so glad i waited for it to come out on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Mrdata.

I have a wired 360 pad plugged in and its working in game no probs but when I go to check the key bindings it just giving me mouse and keyboard controls? Can the buttons be changed or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

im around lvl 53 going for a paladin type of build, and at the moment i have a fire long sword as my main weapon, its +4 or 5 atm, but i am in this area mc duffys smithy with dogs and some big bald lads with pole arms that leads to a
    boss fight with 3 knight guys
    but my weapon keeps breaking after i a kill about 10 mobs in the area :( any one else have this problem in this area ? Just seems like a bug to me, i dont see why its breaking so quickly im barely 10 minuets into the place.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lone Stone wrote: »
    im around lvl 53 going for a paladin type of build, and at the moment i have a fire long sword as my main weapon, its +4 or 5 atm, but i am in this area mc duffys smithy with dogs and some big bald lads with pole arms that leads to a
    boss fight with 3 knight guys
    but my weapon keeps breaking after i a kill about 10 mobs in the area :( any one else have this problem in this area ? Just seems like a bug to me, i dont see why its breaking so quickly im barely 10 minuets into the place.

Weapons break pretty quickly in this, particularly dex type weapons. You need to have a back up weapon or two really. Each time you rest at a bonfire it repairs your weapon though also worth buying repair powder from blacksmiths. I found it became less of an issue the further into the game I got though, also titanite
    is way more common in this game so it's pretty easy to fully upgrade tonnes of weapons later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Mrdata. wrote: »
    I have a wired 360 pad plugged in and its working in game no probs but when I go to check the key bindings it just giving me mouse and keyboard controls? Can the buttons be changed or am I missing something?

Think the only 360 control you can change is the jump button. Unless you decide to try a workaround i.e Xpadder which would map to PC controls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Frame rate is horrific even at the lowest settings. It looks awful at those settings too. Think I'll have to leave this till I get an upgrade :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Im using xbox pad, and wondering how do you jump?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Im using xbox pad, and wondering how do you jump?

If it's the same as the console then you push R3 (push in the right analogue) while sprinting.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If it's the same as the console then you push R3 (push in the right analogue) while sprinting.

Sprint is B. I use my right thumb for that. I also use my thumb for the right stick. Somebody wasn't thinking

Grimebox wrote: »
    Sprint is B. I use my right thumb for that. I also use my thumb for the right stick. Somebody wasn't thinking

Yeah it's me who wasn't thinking, it's L3 not R3 :o

• Advertisement

This game (miraculously) works on an i3 2.1ghz and Radeon 4570M on Medium at 1024x600 when testing. That doesn't sound impressive to the higher spec people here but to someone who had to run DS1 at 800x480 on minimum settings and still couldn't stay at 30fps, that's amazing stuff to me! I'm still undecided whether it's worth migrating from 360 yet.

Noticed there is really bad mouse lag though...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Harps wrote: »
    Can't say I'm a huge fan of the intro section, it took me over an hour before I even saw an enemy and there's too much talking and aimless wondering about. It feels very familiar so far though, a lot of the same themes in the early game and a lot of similar gameplay mechanics. Promising signs so far but I'm hoping it gets a bit more focused as so far I haven't the slightest clue where I'm meant to be going

My first death was rather boringly through forgetting that the jump button has changed so I ran straight off an edge, first proper death to a big knight thing in Heide's Tower

Performance wise - running it at max settings on my laptop and haven't dropped below 60fps once so far can't complain there, the lighting and shadows are hugely disappointing though after the early trailers

They're all behind the fog gates in Things Betwixt? like 2 minutes after you arrive in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

krudler wrote: »
    They're all behind the fog gates in Things Betwixt? like 2 minutes after you arrive in the game

Ah right that makes more sense, I assumed they were all branching paths I could take so I ignored them and went straight towards Majula.

I was running the game without my gfx card previously. Running smoothly on medium settings with low resolution.

There are no estus flasks? Dying twice in a row makes me rage quit every fcuking time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There are estus flasks, you get them in Majula at the very start

I was running the game without my gfx card previously. Running smoothly on medium settings with low resolution.

There are no estus flasks? Dying twice in a row makes me rage quit every fcuking time
    you might want to talk to someone near the bonfire in majula

I some how missed them. I was wondering why I was finding the game especially hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Harps wrote: »
    Ah right that makes more sense, I assumed they were all branching paths I could take so I ignored them and went straight towards Majula.

Dark Souls rewards explorations. This ain't no Final Fantasy 13

Silly question.... how do I level up??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

talk to herself at the bonfire in majula

• Advertisement

I can't go online because of a VAC ban... whoops. It needs to be patched

I can't go online because of a VAC ban... whoops. It needs to be patched
    Some people are reporting VAC bans even when they haven't done anything wrong.

Try adding -tcp to your launch options in Steam.

Can also be caused by an overly protective modem firewall too, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Silly question.... how do I level up??

Not played DS2, but if it's anything like DS1...you need the required amount of Souls and you level up at a bonfire.

I'm sure someone will correct me who has actually played DS2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The chick in Majula. They went with the Demon's Souls style level-upping, which is cooler imo, but this chick ain't got nothin' on the maiden in black

HYAEhGL.jpg

"So the world might be mended..."

New chick? Can't even remember her name, keeps telling me to go see her ex BF the king or something. Who cares.

all the npcs in the game are kinda 'who cares'

DS1 had solaire, siegmeyer, sieglinde, lautrec...none of the ones in two are even interesting let alone memorable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

New level up woman has an Irish accent though.

.... i have never noticed that

i noticed the ginger fat fella was irish alright, didn't cop herself at all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's nowhere near as pronounced (exaggerated?) as that lad, but there's a definite hint of an Irish accent from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is it worth double dipping for ? and where is the best place to purchase ?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    It's nowhere near as pronounced (exaggerated?) as that lad, but there's a definite hint of an Irish accent from her.

She's voiced by Ruth Negga from Love/Hate.

Advertisement