Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark souls II - PC Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im not sure if I should enable some of the graphics fidgy widginess posted on the last page or if I should just go into it vanilla for the first time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

All the bells and whistles for me anyway. It wouldn't be a pc game if i don't get to spend 2 hours modding it before actually playing it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Pre-loading my copy now...

Praising_Intensifies.gif

im away from my pc until noon tomorrow

NOON

at the earliest!

well. one hour to go according to steam

god speed you magnificent bastards. I'll see you some time tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So this happened,
    Hi, we want to apologize for the cancellation of your preorder. We did not received the quantity we were expecting to received from our supplier. The second stock we received from another supplier was not global version, so we returned those keys back to the supplier. We expecting to receive more global version keys between one to two weeks from now. Since most of you will not be happy with this waiting time we decided to cancel your order.

We have completed your refund and as sorry for this problem we have generated a 10% discount code for you that can be use for any new purchase.

Code: ********-********-*******

Best Regards
    D2P Team

Welp, this is f'ing gay.

We expecting

Nice grammar, D2P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cravez wrote: »
    Pre-loading my copy now...

Praising_Intensifies.gif

Never gets old, when it does put me out of misery!!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I think ill make my first character on the PC version a Rat troll character and troll the **** out of all the new PC players.

evilraccoonmwa_616.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone else updating?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone else updating?

Yep, pretty slow too.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yep, pretty slow too.

Going to try some different regions, I'll report back!

Edit: No increase in speed with different regions, some made the update slower so just went back to the default. Also some people who are in game are reporting constant crashes after the new update after being playing fine on a VPN all day.

Will go back to Diablo 3 until this is ready. :D

Working fine here. Had it pre-loaded. Just started the game to have a look at it without fiddling with the video settings or tweaks. That 60+ FPS is worth the €37 alone

Pre-loaded too but it needed to run some update. In now. Looks nice. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So the controls are utter junk and scream bad port already.

I'm told to light a torch from a bonfire. I need to press the toggle button which shows me a button of an XBox controller Y button. And there's no such control labelled like this in the key bindings screen. It's another broken game from lazy incompetent devs, just as DS1 was.

Played up to the first bonfire in the first area. Runs smooth and looks nicer than the consoles for sure but it looks so lifeless. Looked down the well in Majula and its bright right the way down, that's not right. Seems washed out. Gonna leave it for tonight and do some tweaking/modding tomorrow.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/24/dark-souls-2-modded-durantes-gedosato-enables-downsampling-texture-modding/2/

Looks real nice with Post-processing effects enabled.

darksouls2-alleffects_comp1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

My dualshock 4 doesn't work with this. Properly gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is co-op any good in DS2?

Never played the first DS if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Got utterly brutalised by three tiny pigs in the sleepy village by the sea. Lol Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Is co-op any good in DS2?

Never played the first DS if that makes a difference.

I've summoned and been summoned about 15 times, not once was there an error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Yup Co-op is all good, way better than on the 360 IMO. Played for 2 hours now and I've cleared
    Forest of Fallen Giants, both bosses,
    and
    Heide's Tower of Flame, both bosses
    and have 4 flasks at +1. I've played through most of the game on 360 but haven't cleared it yet so I'm used to the starter areas. My character's name is YOLO SWAGGINS if anyone sees me around.

Haven't done any messing with the graphics as of yet but the game runs amazingly well and is just so much smoother than the PS3 version. Will set it up properly tomorrow.

Done so co-op sessions with a friend and with randoms at
    The Persuer
    and
    The Sentinels
    and it was completely lag free and felt better than anything I've done on the PS3 to date.

It's a million times better than the DS1 port, that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Wow. This game is really difficult. I can't even get past the loading screen !

*It's crashing on launch for me and many others :(
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

My dualshock 4 doesn't work with this. Properly gutted.

Got the DS4 problem fixed. Played for about an hour in total now. Really enjoying it. Dark Souls at 60 FPS is wonderful. Looks far better than original Dark Souls on X360. I've joined a covenant already, but I've no idea what it does.

Oh, another thing. Both my starting weapons are fecked from damage. Seems far harsher than the original. I threw all that pre-order stuff in a box because I don't want to be using it. Can't wait for more later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What's the Dualshock 4 like on the pc? Going to pick up a pad after work today to play this, and was going to get the 360 pad, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to get the adapter anymore.

As for weapon damage, it is much harsher in DS2. You'll want two weapons...one for trash and one for the boss (at least that's my plan).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Downloading now, now which class to play hmm.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've joined a covenant already, but I've no idea what it does.

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiith wrote: »
    What's the Dualshock 4 like on the pc? Going to pick up a pad after work today to play this, and was going to get the 360 pad, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to get the adapter anymore.

As for weapon damage, it is much harsher in DS2. You'll want two weapons...one for trash and one for the boss (at least that's my plan).

The weapons do break much easier alright, some areas you'd only get to the boss fog gate and it's on the verge of breaking

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I watched some streams last night of people playing on PC, wasn't all that impressed with the looks of it at all - it looks like ass guys and I'm on record on this forum several times as saying I think graphics is one of the least important attributes to any game (but I was happier with the look of the first open air "town" you get to so maybe it was just the early stages) :) However, it did look interesting... I think I'll get stuck into the first one and see how that grabs me and then consider picking this up at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Shiminay wrote: »
    I watched some streams last night of people playing on PC, wasn't all that impressed with the looks of it at all - it looks like ass guys and I'm on record on this forum several times as saying I think graphics is one of the least important attributes to any game (but I was happier with the look of the first open air "town" you get to so maybe it was just the early stages) :) However, it did look interesting... I think I'll get stuck into the first one and see how that grabs me and then consider picking this up at a later date.

It really doesn't. Things Betwixt is a bit meh alright but pretty much everything past that looks fantastic.

Advertisement