Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Positive Golf Thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yettie1701

Played round 3 of the Father & Son at my home club last night. We won on the 20th and we're through to the semi-finals. We won round 1 on the 20th and round 2 on the 22nd. All three matches started at 5.30pm so we were finishing in the dark every match.

My dad, age 84, did what he did best: dug us out of a hole. Sank a 40 footer for birdie - with about 3 feet of swing - when our opponents only had 4 feet for theirs. They missed by a mile after dad's rattled in. That was on 14 and he was grinning the rest of the round.[/quote
    Lots of positives in that one Kevin. Your dad still playing at 84 is a huge one. Lovely thing to do as well. I play lots with my own dad but never father and son stuff. Best of luck in the semis and don't have that poor father of yours carry you next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

yettie1701 wrote: »
    Played round 3 of the Father & Son at my home club last night. We won on the 20th and we're through to the semi-finals. We won round 1 on the 20th and round 2 on the 22nd. All three matches started at 5.30pm so we were finishing in the dark every match.

My dad, age 84, did what he did best: dug us out of a hole. Sank a 40 footer for birdie - with about 3 feet of swing - when our opponents only had 4 feet for theirs. They missed by a mile after dad's rattled in. That was on 14 and he was grinning the rest of the round.[/quote
    Lots of positives in that one Kevin. Your dad still playing at 84 is a huge one. Lovely thing to do as well. I play lots with my own dad but never father and son stuff. Best of luck in the semis and don't have that poor father of yours carry you next time.

He plays at least twice a week, and his biggest asset is that he drives everything straight down the middle - let's me have a lash with the Driver. It's Scotch Foursomes so it's a good format for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

shot under par in a competition for the first time
    it's only taken 20 years
    what a buzz !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Continuing the father and son theme.

Father had a 69 nett this afternoon in our captains prize off 23. Score should be good enough to make the 9 hole playoff tomorrow evening. It will be his first time in the playoff and he has been a member of the club for 39 years!!!!

Hopefully I'll shoot a similar score tomorrow and join him in the playoff.

And now I qualified too so happy days. Better prep for next 9 holes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

shot under par in a competition for the first time
    it's only taken 20 years
    what a buzz !

Um, is this at Druid's Heath?
    Helluva an achievement... but doubly so if at the Heath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Um, is this at Druid's Heath?
    Helluva an achievement... but doubly so if at the Heath.

Thanks - Roganstown

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Stunning weather for golf

Only had 1 hour to play and got 8 holes in - almost had a hole in one. 8 H/hr - a new unit of golf.

Could have stayed out there all day - who said this is not a year long sport in Ireland.

Only 13 days of shorter days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

I can't see the negative thread :D as Seve always says he never 3 putted ;) Played 9 holes yesterday in a bright sunny Sunday afternoon 22 pts 4 pars and 1 scratch (1st) was really getting into the groove till darkness fell.. Understanding your swing really helps you improve just cant believe it took me so long! and Im not even getting out that much... but feeling very confident..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Started playing golf about two years ago. I've played feck all during that time for one reason or another. I've joined a new, really good, club and have been playing a lot since I joined. I've really seen my game improve with a bit of practise. Had 37pts last week and on Sat I'd my first round without a three putt. Was delighted with that as my putting has been heretofore atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

played Sunday,
    first time I have never had a double bogie on the card.
    3 pars and 15 bogies. not super golf, but very chuffed with the feat

• Advertisement

Only one day shorter to go lads.

Played 6 holes - level par, got up and down from every where and hit flag twice. Would have been under par - but ball fell off a tee as I hit it on a par 3 - was funny.

I hit a 5 iron from 185 yard to 8 feet - high and stopped when landed - was worth the trip alone.

Hope - there . Light coming , this game we love.

2017 - I'm ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

For Christmas my OH asked for a spa weekend away in the new year , I won’t book it until I get my golf calendar to ensure I don't miss a big comp!
    Priorities ha, really looking forward to 2017, if only I could sort that slice....

For Christmas my OH asked for a spa weekend away in the new year , I won’t book it until I get my golf calendar to ensure I don't miss a big comp!
    Priorities ha, really looking forward to 2017, if only I could sort that slice....

Don't worry if you choose right - there is always a class course at some of them spa resorts.

Take a back gate / service gate in, that does somehow not pass the course.

Have the old romantic meal, even drink a 12 euro pink cocktail - I know crazy stuff - "But keep them coming" - use the bell boy, concierge and all and pretend for one day you are in New York or important. Tip with grimaced teeth.

Obviously I'll leave bedroom talk to yourself - but next morning, the day of her treatment, open up the curtains starkers - and say "OOooo my God there is a golf course".

Now you have 1004 hrs booked - next bit tricky , "would you like to get a massage yourelf" - she asks.
    No, I think my skin is a bit sensitive after that Pink Cocktail.

"Might hit a few balls if that is ok."

"Of course - enjoy yourself"

"Thanks honey - make sure you buy something nice for yourself in spa"

Run off to first, buy an 18 euro pack of prov1s as you left your balls in the room - slice the first ball OOB - "****ing pink cocktails".

Jaysus - very negative start to my year posting.

So going to turn it around now.
    First game of the year - team event .

We won - 3 tap in birds on my own ball in 9 holes, almost a hole in 1 and played way better than expected.

Swing still too steep , but was good stuff there today.

2017 - bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

Not sure if this is for the negative or positive thread...., got cut a shot in the end of year review, 18.7 to 18.1
    Reason; results in non-counting events & general standard of play
    I’ll take it as a positive! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Bright til 8.20 here this evening!
    The weathers shiite,I can still see where the ball is going past the lights on the range now:-)

Advertisement