Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Positive Golf Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Let the 2 smallies play with my putter yesterday in the sitting room. The master plan is coming together!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I just love whacking that little white ball :D

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Played with a guy recently who was having a lot of trouble off the tee. After he hit his tee shot on a par 5 wildly out of bounds left, there was an awkward silence.

Searching frantically for something to say I just said "At least you are making great contact with the ball, it's just that it's hooking wildly for you".

Anything for a positive....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

My last round of golf was............ a very enjoyable walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^
    Last round I played with a guy with a GPS watch...for our 5.6km course....we had a lovely 11km walk....ahhh army golf is good exercise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

The 16th is a 534yd par 4 holey moley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Loire wrote: »
    Let the 2 smallies play with my putter yesterday in the sitting room. The master plan is coming together!!

Hope you get the new tv soon !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

24 points.... not bad when you scratch 8 holes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

20 out of 21 putts from 6 ft tonight during practice

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It will get better...I'm hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'm going to break 85 in am - I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

I am playing this Sat. That is all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Topped shots.

"That's a worker."
    "That will run on nicely."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I intend to use this man as inspiration for the remainder of my golfing life

1398275590015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The most interesting man in the world....wants to be more like Miguel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

I think this guy needs positivity from this thread!! :D:D:D

http://www.donedeal.ie/golf-for-sale/golf-clubs-gps-etc/6827478

The text from his advert..
    Having come to the realisation that I'm a danger to both myself and everyone else on the golf course the following items are for sale.

Set of King Cobra irons for sale 4-pw. Regular steel shafts. Fantastic clubs for hitting hooks, slices and shanks. I did hit one straight shot with these also but it's been so long ago that I can hardly remember. Suit someone with a similar swing to my own- ie useless.

2 x Taylormade burner 2.0 rescue clubs. 4 rescue with r 65 flex RIP shaft. RIP most of my golf balls too that I hit with it as they are now the subjects of search and rescue efforts on various golf courses throughout Leinster. Another 3 rescue with similar stats included.

Also included is a Sureshot GPS unit for measuring distance to front/middle/ back of green on each hole. Please note this is only of use if you have any balls left to hit.

If anyone would like to do me the honour of relieving myself of all of the above I'll even throw in my last 12 nike golf balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Ok so my putting has made a massive turn around with the fat grip and some hard work with the Pelz alignment board.

Working with it on the carpet the last few weeks and then working on distance & short putting on the practice green and I was knocking in most 6ft and in the last few rounds. (made a very bad round a ok one on Sat mainly down to 100yards and in being awful)

Now hopefully this stays like it is !

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭the greatest game

im going to win our captains prize....

ok maybe not this year , but sometime ..

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

I am great al all facets of this game but need a little help on just 2. Distance and accuracy.

A new driver will sort out my swing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭HB2002

I only had 34 points... but if I even got only 2 points on each of the holes I scratched it would have been 40!

I've said this sooooo many time....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Yesterday had some very good moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

My godfather has been playing for years & never beaten par fir his handicap of 28.

Semi retired now & gone hard at it.

Last two weeks he's turned the corner & shot 42& 43 points, plus an esr he's down to 23.5

Chuffed for him!

My godfather has been playing for years & never beaten par fir his handicap of 28.

Semi retired now & gone hard at it.

Last two weeks he's turned the corner & shot 42& 43 points, plus an esr he's down to 23.5

Chuffed for him!

Sounds like that lad who beat me in Corballis last week.

But this is positive thread.

so we'll done. Cough Cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

After tonight session on the range tomorrows competition can only result in a nice cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

I play some really good shots every round. All I have to do is increase the number of those. Practice will do it. I have the potential! Now that's pure positive. I left out all the 'but' and 'except for' stuff I was about to write! It starts tomorrow morning on a lovely links course.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm gonna get a cut tomorrow

(Was going to do a U turn here, but fcuk it, I'm gonna do it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a cut tomorrow

(Was going to do a U turn here, but fcuk it, I'm gonna do it)

How in God's name are you managing to get out ?. You're an inspiration to us all !! :)

I'm hitting the ball well - the course shapes just don't go with my swing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Didn't work. I was crap. I'll try practice next. Or maybe a bit of both.
    I play some really good shots every round. All I have to do is increase the number of those. Practice will do it. I have the potential! Now that's pure positive. I left out all the 'but' and 'except for' stuff I was about to write! It starts tomorrow morning on a lovely links course.

Advertisement