Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I have to say, I'm a bit annoyed about losing Lance like this. I feel he was disrespected by the Pacers organization. Hornets got a great deal. I fear the Pacers will regret this down the line.

Now we need to close a deal to get Dragic from Phoenix, Moving Hibbert in the process.
    I like Lance, but to pass up on an extra $26 million guaranteed dollars, to go to a worse team, is the most 'Born Ready' thing I've ever heard.

Also:

Tony Adragna @tonyadragna · 21m
    After calculating Indiana & North Carolina income tax, it seems as though Lance would have made about $100,000 more/year in Indy.

Don't blame Larry, but hope to God Lance uses some of that money to get himself a more competent agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

James Jones signs 1 yr deal with the Cavs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m
    Also hearing Pacers are expressing serious interest in Rodney Stuckey to fill backcourt void created by Lance Stephenson's move to Charlotte
    Massive come down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

James Jones signs 1 yr deal with the Cavs

LeBron is on record saying that his three favourite shooters to play with are Mike Miller, James Jones and Ray Allen. So no suprise that they have added him. James Jones was totally out of the rotation coming into The Playoffs but after a loss to The Nets in game 3(I think it was game 3) LeBron spoke to the media saying that he would like to see Jones play. For game 4 he played like 15 minutes. Jones played something like 20 games during the regular season last year also. Very much a LBJ dude, but hey, he provides spacing for LeBron's dribble drive penetration.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can't stop laughing at this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

^^

I love the internet

Rodney Stuckey to the Pacers on a one year deal.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

This might interest some.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

buyer95 wrote: »
    This might interest some.

Great interview. Boogie is just so under-rated and under-appreciated. Interesting views on CP3!

I was gutted a few years ago when the rumoured Boston trade didn't happen. He would be such a good foundation on which to build a team - on one level I can't believe he's still just 23. Pound for pound, I doubt there's a better 4-stretch-5 in the league right now. Wonder will he continue to be snubbed again come All Star time this year?

Born............ready............

BsvmarBCUAA7QtG.jpg:large

• Advertisement

While we're at it:

BsrrQoKCAAEretn.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Stucky has been brought in for the Vet Min so its not the worst move for Indy. Some extra depth in the back court.

Need to get Dragic deal done now.

Great interview. Boogie is just so under-rated and under-appreciated. Interesting views on CP3!

I was gutted a few years ago when the rumoured Boston trade didn't happen. He would be such a good foundation on which to build a team - on one level I can't believe he's still just 23. Pound for pound, I doubt there's a better 4-stretch-5 in the league right now. Wonder will he continue to be snubbed again come All Star time this year?

He doesn't help himself at all though, does he? I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of building a team around him. Very good player and certainly underrated mainly because of who he plays for, but he's liable to do something extremely stupid at any point in time. The type of guy who is on his best behaviour for 6 months and you think "okay, he's finally got it sorted" and then bang, back to square one.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wiz doing some work this summer, that despite losing Ariza. Added Blair to their roster last night. Addressing their big issue last season, depth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Stucky has been brought in for the Vet Min so its not the worst move for Indy. Some extra depth in the back court.

Need to get Dragic deal done now.

You seem to be convinced phoenix will accept an offer for Dragic, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

You seem to be convinced phoenix will accept an offer for Dragic, why?

I believe the logic is that even though they don't want hibbert because hey had a terrible year every other team still covet him

10457596_10153143835915016_6514442631315247631_n.jpg

:pac:

Well the Suns can't keep both Bledsoe and Dragic. They should let Dragic go to Indiana and take Hibbert off our hands. I makes sense for both sides

I'm sure the Suns are desperate for a soft center alright..

Well the Suns can't keep both Bledsoe and Dragic. They should let Dragic go to Indiana and take Hibbert off our hands. I makes sense for both sides

And why would they (PHX) let the better of the two go? They're also an uptempo team, whatever about Hibbert being soft, the guy is not exactly going to add anything to a fast breaking team given his relative immobility. I can't see this happening at all - no matter how much you want it to be true.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    He doesn't help himself at all though, does he? I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of building a team around him. Very good player and certainly underrated mainly because of who he plays for, but he's liable to do something extremely stupid at any point in time. The type of guy who is on his best behaviour for 6 months and you think "okay, he's finally got it sorted" and then bang, back to square one.

I think that was fair criticism until maybe last year, he carried that team on his shoulders last year average 23 and 12 - crazy numbers, esp. when you consider no-one in the league went 20 and 10 the year before. He certainly sounds older and wiser in that interview - maybe this is the year?

@ESPNSteinLine
    ESPN sources say Lakers have won the Carlos Boozer waiver auction today

Big step down for Boozer. From contender to lottery team

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    @ESPNSteinLine

Kobe will murder him by the time the All-Star Weekend comes around IMO, with "lack of defense" the motive for the killing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Where does Kobe Byrant stand these days??! It seems like the GOAT argument is only between Le Bron and Jordan now - is this true?

I thought Byrant was up there with the two lads.

I don't watch the game myself.

Where does Kobe Byrant stand these days??! It seems like the GOAT argument is only between Le Bron and Jordan now - is this true?

I thought Byrant was up there with the two lads.

I don't watch the game myself.

Jordan is the GOAT. Undisputed

Kobe is a top 10 or top 15 player all time depending on who you ask

Lebron still has some years to go. Probably top 10. Could put himself in top 5 consideration if gets few more rings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Jordan is the GOAT. Undisputed

Kobe is a top 10 or top 15 player all time depending on who you ask

Lebron still has some years to go. Probably top 10. Could put himself in top 5 consideration if gets few more rings

Ummmmm.

I always thought Kobe was up there but from articles I flick through/read people who don't seem to put him up there but they do put Le Bron - again just from articles I read.

Never watch the game other than maybe a few highlights here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Kobe will murder him by the time the All-Star Weekend comes around IMO, with "lack of defense" the motive for the killing. :pac:

Yeah that was my thought too, could get ugly. Boozer was the only player Thibs couldn't get to play hard, I dread to think what he'll be like on the Lakers, who still haven't got a coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    @ESPNSteinLine
    I called this ages ago, tbh Im happy with it, it will be for one year and hes not actually being playing terrible
    Big step down for Boozer. From contender to lottery team
    Dont see Lakers being a lottery team, if you think about it, what would the point of being terrible be, we have no picks this year and with Kobe back there is no way we are going to be top five pick which is the only way we keep 2015 pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement