Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks to open in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Parchment wrote: »
    Juice for your e-fag sir?

How about a kebab?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Imagine the footfall if M&S took over the Arthurs Quay building!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Mc Love wrote: »
    Imagine the footfall if M&S took over the Arthurs Quay building!

Or the old Dunne's building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Dunnes should be forced to do something with the two abandoned stores they own in Limerick City - the one at Sarsfield Bridge is an utter disgrace and I find it hard to believe they can't find a use for the unit opposite Brown Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Dunnes should be forced to do something with the two abandoned stores they own in Limerick City - the one at Sarsfield Bridge is an utter disgrace and I find it hard to believe they can't find a use for the unit opposite Brown Thomas

Well I know the Jetland is half empty because dunnes want top dollar for rent and supposedly have said they don't care if the units are empty, they want the rent they are looking for.

If they are adopting a similar policy in town it's easy to see why the units are empty.

Dunnes seem to be run terribly. Price of clothes is a major example. The prices are continuously rising. They seem to have notions of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I know - they have a large unit in Tralee town centre also lying idle for years which they won't lease to competitors either so it's just an ugly hoarded off site that spoils the centre. Likewise they are causing a shopping centre in the O2/Three Arena in Dublin to lie idle over litigation.

I'm glad the strikers are standing up to them on Holy Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Dunnes had a unit on the main street in Nenagh too that has been unoccupied for years and still is since they moved to the outside of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I did not want to start s new thread.
    What would people consider the best coffee shop in town to sit in for a few hours and read a book. All I'm looking for is a comfortable seat and good coffee. I know Costa have very nice sofa seats l, and I have read my book in there in the past, but I was hoping for somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Not a coffee lover but good news about starbucks coming to Limerick.

What is the big deal about M&S. They are very expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Lisa2011 wrote: »

M&S are expected to open in Parkway Valley on Dublin Road , Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Lisa2011 wrote: »

England do upmarket supermarkets like nowhere else. It not just about cheapest, they have some nice stuff. I wish Waitrose would come to Ireland though.

England do upmarket supermarkets like nowhere else. It not just about cheapest, they have some nice stuff. I wish Waitrose would come to Ireland though.

Waitrose are a first class supermarket chain. Quality goods, excellent customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Agree they have lovely stuff especially clothes but if I can get something cheaper elsewhere I will.

What i don't like about M&S is that I have been told that they order their stock from the UK. Not all of it but a significant amount. I dont see why they cant support local suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Are M&S still coming to limerick? I thought there was s rumour going around that Limerick county council put a petition against them coming to limerick if the located outside of the city? I may be wrong here....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Are M&S still coming to limerick? I thought there was s rumour going around that Limerick county council put a petition against them coming to limerick if the located outside of the city? I may be wrong here....

Elaborate please, what do you mean by petition?

My uncle said it to me. He nor I nor anyone I know is in the loop on these things, mind....he may have just been saying it to make conversation. But I just thought it strange that we haven't heard anything about the project in a while...and nothing has been done on the proposed site. Again, I'm merely spit-balling here - not based on fact.

A belfast based property developer is looking for permission to complete a development on Dublin Road, with 37 units and 2 major anchor tenants to include M&S.

Final permission has been held up due to objections of city based shop owners.

Permission is expected to be granted within days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hopefully ABP reject it.

If it goes ahead I think I'll just give up being positive about this place.

Hopefully ABP reject it.

If it goes ahead I think I'll just give up being positive about this place.

What is there to be negative about................?

First of all it will create construction jobs and ultimately retail jobs.

The proposed M& S store will be their 2nd largest in Ireland .:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think he means that it'll be another nail in the city centre coffin.

• Advertisement

A belfast based property developer is looking for permission to complete a development on Dublin Road, with 37 units and 2 major anchor tenants to include M&S.

Thanks delthedriver! Great news (sorry if I cast doubt over the whole situation :/ I love M&S and can't wait for them to come to Limk)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Mr E wrote: »

Really? Please, how do you think this well affect the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Construction jobs are temporary and the rest of the jobs that will be created will just result in other jobs being lost from city centre and other places such as Parkway, Crescent, etc.

We don't have the population to support this centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

jmch81 wrote: »
    Really? Please, how do you think this well affect the city centre?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic?

It would be another reason for people to stay away from the CC and do all their shopping in the suburbs.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I did not want to start s new thread.
    What would people consider the best coffee shop in town to sit in for a few hours and read a book. All I'm looking for is a comfortable seat and good coffee. I know Costa have very nice sofa seats l, and I have read my book in there in the past, but I was hoping for somewhere else.

Hi, you could check out the Stormy Teacup located on Foxes Bow, near the top of Thomas St, it's opened late in the evenings.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic?

It would be another reason for people to stay away from the CC and do all their shopping in the suburbs.

Guess this is in response to me. Not sarcastic, just questioning.

I don't believe this will affect the city centre, it will damage the smaller shopping centres in the area.

Be positive! The Re development of Arthurs Quay should also attract shoppers to the city centre.

Limerick and its environs are bigger than people think:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

No it isn't. ABP were due to give their decision last week, but it's been defered for another month. And while a decision was due, permission is not guaranteed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

jmch81 wrote: »
    Guess this is in response to me. Not sarcastic, just questioning.

I don't believe this will affect the city centre, it will damage the smaller shopping centres in the area.

Seeing as there are currently empty units in every shopping center in Limerick, where to you think the tenants are going to come from?

• Advertisement

No it isn't. ABP were due to give their decision last week, but it's been defered for another month. And while a decision was due, permission is not guaranteed.

What is the hold up now ?

Advertisement