Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks to open in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

rok wrote: »
    Wonder why Costa weren't in town before now?
    It was hardly Planning restrictions?

I used to like their place in the Jetland, sitting down for a coffee on the couches with the sun beatin in.
    They opened in Childers Rd and the Crescent soon after their departure from the Jetland.

Isn't there one in the Castletroy cinema too? They are expanding rapidly all over the country too even in smaller towns- no doubt the city centre is on their hitlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Current place good for coffee is Aroma on Roches/Catherine Street

Thank you for this. I happened in there this morning and got a Large Latte mainly because it's a Double Shot for €3.10 and I was very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Thank you for this. I happened in there this morning and got a Large Latte mainly because it's a Double Shot for €3.10 and I was very happy with it.

they’re real nice in there too give my little fella free juice every time I’m in there for coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Volk54

Thingis there are literally hundreds of coffee shops in Limerick but it's rare you find a good cup of coffee here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Finding a coffee shop that stays open past 5.30/6 on a weeknight is impossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Basement of the blind and soon a second on foxes bow

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

There are two other Starbucks outlets in Limerick,one in Analog Devices and one out in UL. In total there are three Starbucks in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They're not proper Starbucks though. They're basically just cafés that brew Starbucks coffee. UL and Mary I's Starbucks is owned and run by Campbell's/Aramark.

The same way you can get Costa in UHL and LIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Concessions basically like a Ralph Lauren section in Brown Thomas. Doesn't make it a Ralph Lauren store.

True but they are Starbucks in the sense that they all use genuine starbucks products and are subject to stringent audits by the starbucks to ensure that their products and methods are being used and followed.

• Advertisement

The caramel macchiato or the strawberry frappucino you get in these places will taste exactly the same as any other Starbucks outlet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Centra charges €3.50 for a coffee and a muffin so for the overheads a bricks and mortar shop like Starbucks has it's not excessive in my opinion.

Centra 'coffee' doesn't really deserve to be called coffee in my opinion. Utter muck.
    Birdster wrote: »
    Finding a coffee shop that stays open past 5.30/6 on a weeknight is impossible

Cellar door cafe on Foxes Bow. Open til 9 most nights. Won't beat the snug factor of the place either! Lovely little spot. They do Badger & Dodo coffee..fairly nice.

Can't beat a good cup of Illy though, such as in Melt on Little Catherine Street. Noms.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

True but they are Starbucks in the sense that they all use genuine starbucks products and are subject to stringent audits by the starbucks to ensure that their products and methods are being used and followed.

But they only sell a few of the menu items you can get in a proper starbucks.

I'm hoping for their breakfast sandwich line-up and staying open til at least 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Buckeye wrote: »
    But they only sell a few of the menu items you can get in a proper starbucks.

I'm hoping for their breakfast sandwich line-up and staying open til at least 8pm.

I'm hoping for 10pm! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

just checked the city council planning website, not starbucks at Cruises street, Its going to be a costa coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Volk54 wrote: »
    Thingis there are literally hundreds of coffee shops in Limerick but it's rare you find a good cup of coffee here
    Insomnia above Easons, do really good coffee. We really enjoyed the air conditioning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I'd like to see Tim Hortons developing a proper foothold in Ireland. Seriously the best coffee around. Until recently I was able to buy tins of Timmies to brew at home in a few Spar Shops in the greater Cork area but it seems Spar are now switching to Insomnia.
    Starbucks is the most overrated and overpriced coffee around, althought the caramel frappachino is the best of its type that I have tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Limerick city centre in my opinion has enough coffee shops,cafes,takeaways etc. One thing I always wonder is why so many of the existing ones close so early. Would be nice to see some of them, especially the ones on Thomas street remain open (even in the summer months) well into the evenings to give the area some life and atmosphere.

The city centre needs some high street clothes stores to attract some footfall like Topman/Topshop, Gap, Next, Urban Outfitters which would result in energy and vibrancy on the streets during the day, that you'd expect for an Irish city of it's size. I'd much prefer to see one of the stores mentioned above going into the old HMV unit than another coffee shop although it's better to see it being filled than left unoccupied like the stretch along Patrick street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

just checked the city council planning website, not starbucks at Cruises street, Its going to be a costa coffee

So its costa coffee moving into the former HMV site and not Starbucks?

Could you provide a link to that on the city council planning website, I'm having problems finding it. All I have found is the original application but no mention of who the tenant will be http://www.limerickcity.ie/eplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=1449&LASiteID=0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

1huge1 wrote: »

Could you provide a link to that on the city council planning website, I'm having problems finding it. All I have found is the original application but no mention of who the tenant will be http://www.limerickcity.ie/eplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=1449&LASiteID=0

Click the "View Scanned Documents" link a little bit down that page.

Then click the second "Drawings-Elevations" link and it shows drawings with Costa Coffee on the facade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

1huge1 wrote: »

There's a screengrab of the proposed signage etc in the Limerick businesses opening thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

buyer95 wrote: »
    Whats the coffee like in insomnia upstairs in easons?

Not wheelchair accessable (well time I went a couple of months ago) so never had it

Not wheelchair accessable (well time I went a couple of months ago) so never had it

I think they have a lift

I think they have a lift

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I think they have a lift

The lift is a pain in the hole to access. Rear right hand side of easons as you enter from the O'Connell street side there is a door, believe it may even say staff only. Anyway its in there, says you need staff to access the lift but works fine without them (used it with buggy a few times).

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

phill106 wrote: »
    The lift is a pain in the hole to access. Rear right hand side of easons as you enter from the O'Connell street side there is a door, believe it may even say staff only. Anyway its in there, says you need staff to access the lift but works fine without them (used it with buggy a few times).

The coffee area is up another few steps though, I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

on Limerick Leader website today,

Starbucks to open in Thomas Street retail centre,

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

on Limerick Leader website today,

Starbucks to open in Thomas Street retail centre,

What is Thomas Street Retail center ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

What is Thomas Street Retail center ?

Don't know why they called it that but it's basically the building on the corner of Thomas Street and Catherine Street, opposite The Bagel Factory/O'Briens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Its the big empty glass building built where Javas used to be and its in the centre of an area thats already has about 13 cafes within a block radius.

Advertisement