Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most disappointing toys from your childhood

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I always wanted a barbie, after seeing all it could do in the ads. I got one and um it just sat there

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Subbuteo. The ads made it look like you could capture the atmosphere of a FA Cup Final. The reality was a crumpled pitch, complex rules flicking plastic players with your finger, and punching your brother in the face after playing it for 5 minutes with him.

Definitely Subbuteo. I remember saving up for ages to buy one of the bigger sets that had a stand, floodlights, etc. It took feckin' ages to set the whole thing up for a game, and then the game itself was crap because the pitch kept bunching up. Got my mother to put an ad in the local paper about two months later and sold it to some other sucker. I lost a few quid on it but learned a valuable lesson about not believing everything you see in ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

My oul man was such a bleeding cheap skate. He once bought a snooker table for Christmas. , he thought he was a great fella saving a few bob. I sh↑t you not. , the snooker table was square..... im suprised it even had 6 pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Twister.

Same problem as Subbuteo, the mat kept crumpling up.

Advertisement