Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The nerd in you now can try and spot the small differences between the UK built liftback and the Japanese built estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

A familiar spot :)
    19147304932_2cef507dc7_h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

roof Ariel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I35f28u.jpg
    8LxVMvE.jpg
    Hx4cd2D.jpg
    dUkox19.jpg

7 hours of work later... She looks like a gem.

Full valet - ph neutral shampoo, washed twice using two bucket method, zymol wet wax, applied twice, interior vacuumed, carpets washed, windows cleaned with AutoGlym Fast Glass, alloys treated with autoglym clean wheels, tyres dressed with AutoGlym Tyre Polish.

All in all, pleased with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Looks great man. Were you around the Crumlin area today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Looks great man. Were you around the Crumlin area today?

Nope, wasn't me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Nice waterside pic, dgt. :P

GvidoR wrote: »
    Nice waterside pic, dgt. :P

Was hoping to mirror last years Lough Neagh pic :)
    15332559791_a58544c993_h.jpg

Makes me smile that pic :) I miss diffy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Looks like a nice spot, car looks well too. Where is she now? out to pasture or boo'd and screwed in a field somewhere :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Freshly Washed :)

10345818_1764772300416114_6496310954602059951_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    Looks like a nice spot, car looks well too. Where is she now? out to pasture or boo'd and screwed in a field somewhere :P.

Well me 406 is sitting at the gate in the usual parking spot :) surprisingly standard but I just haven't had the time to do fun stuff! :(

As for the Merc, I sold it in Feb and it changed hands many times since. It's a toss up between it and the red 406 which was the most fun daily driver, each never failed to put a smile on my face for different reasons, each with many memorable stories behind them :D

Here's to hoping I have the C220 at least running with the 3.0 later this year :)

dgt wrote: »
    Was hoping to mirror last years Lough Neagh pic :)

You were a bit too close with the 406.

3b0Hum1l.jpg

I got it pretty damn close with Colt and Bora. :P

t4J6LGVl.jpg

Next time I've a picture where I'm overlooking the lough you may get that software out and see how close all the pics I took were :D

I used this: http://pixlr.com/editor/

It's like mini photoshop, but free and online so you don't have to download anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Family car pics here

My great aunt and uncle's 1999 Primera. Has it since it was 1 year old, and has only covered 61,000 miles. Does very little driving, but without exception, they drive to Ireland every year, from south Cornwall in England. Both are well into their 80's, but he can still drive perfect. There hasn't been an inch of Ireland they haven't covered in this past 60 years of holidaying here.

The car itself is immaculately clean, spotless inside, one of the highest spec's primearas too. It's a 1.8 petrol.

You can probably see a few touch-ups on the bumpers, which he done himself, not that great, but you have to admire the fact he tries. It would be very rear to find something similar, a 1999 reg, in this country!

29bcx9e.jpg

505s2x.jpg

rhtqc7.jpg

102w5ly.jpg

35n58a1.jpg

Sorry if these pictures are all over the place, this post literally took me an hour to compile - had to resort to a crap windows xp computer, seeing as mine is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Sorry if these pictures are all over the place, this post literally took me an hour to compile - had to resort to a crap windows xp computer, seeing as mine is broken.

noccy
    windows XP/vista were all gonna die

the primera looks well used, loved and comfortable for the long spins:)

id be delighted to still be driving in my 80s:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

davycc wrote:
    noccy windows XP/vista were all gonna die

Oh stop will ya, it's the old computer in the corner of the room that's been there since the year 1, only used by mam. Crackles and noises like feck, probably will explode some day. It's jam packed, has feck all ram, and takes an age to process anything. "Pages have become unresponsive" must have appeared 30 times in the time it took me to upload them 5 pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

bazz26 wrote: »
    The nerd in you now can try and spot the small differences between the UK built liftback and the Japanese built estate.

It will take them awhile :p both of the op's cars came from the same factory in jap land. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

YbFocus wrote: »
    I don't know paddy, i loved that car.
    I can't warm to modern golfs.

It's the seats in them that turn me off , look like them old hats <racist term removed> would wear.

Also don't understand why people buy high performance cars in auto instead of manual , each to their own of course but that would take the fun out of it for me completely...I like the shift =)

But that is a very well kept and clean GTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Irishcrx wrote: »
    It's the seats in them that turn me off , look like them old hats <racist term removed> would wear.

Also don't understand why people buy high performance cars in auto instead of manual , each to their own of course but that would take the fun out of it for me completely...I like the shift =)

The seats are class and a throw back to the original GTI, have you ever driven a DSG GTI ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

DSG gearbox is the absolute business in those cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Irishcrx wrote: »
    It's the seats in them that turn me off , look like them old hats pikeys would wear.

DSG is miles ahead of your average auto box, they are quicker than the manual and all, I'm not a massive fan of autos myself but I'd have a DSG GTI anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Had one of those primeras.
    They are one comfy car to go on a trip.
    You could drive them all day.

The woman I sold it to in October 2005 is still driving it. Though she told me last week it wont pass the next nct as the chassis is starting to rust.

This is it.

1924710_10201641660747690_646545451_n.jpg?oh=c5f92b59f7efdf8ce89a252bc6e11ce3&oe=5618B133

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

11350445_10153596256015579_2950291176996528918_n.jpg?oh=0bcbd6458b7b95d5758871af6044ee89&oe=562C4959

And with the daily
    10501998_10153551790810579_7072085027221223791_n.jpg?oh=b3f2ff302d9d44400964943e015956b6&oe=56266519

E30 must have been imported the same time as my E34 the reg is close!

Wow, the E30 looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

p5pb12388988.jpg

The 159 after a wax using Tesco car wax. I bet you are all thinking "Tesco, car wax!? That must be ****". And you'd be right. Dreadful stuff. It looks fine here, but the first rain shower after and the car was covered in more water marks than it was before I waxed it. Brought it back for a lovely refund of €4.20. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get some collinite wax and you won't need to apply it as often as the cheap tesco stuff. It lasts ages too, detailing shed have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The tesco cucumber car shampoo looks like good fun though. Havn't tried it yet though.

I'm pretty sure the tesco bits are made by simoniz. A lot of the tesco stuff isn't great but you won't get many detailing enthusiasts buying their gear in tescos.

I bought a load of tesco branded large genuine leather chamois' last week for €2 each, delighted. I know, i know chamois, scratches etc. I use it with common sense and one or two swirls wont have me losing sleep.

20150619_103624.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

20150619_103624.jpg[IMG][/img]

I think yer car got robbed :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement