Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4; Episode 2: 'The Lion and the Rose'; *Have NOT* Read the Books

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

If this episode sets the tone and quality for the rest of the season then we are in for quite the treat. That last ten minutes from the ridicule of Tyrion, the look of disgust from Sansa, the attempts of Margery to "calm down" Joffrey and ultimately Joffrey's death were some awesome pieces of television.

I have never been more gripped and absorbed in a television show in my life and for that alone, take a bow Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

So that makes two of my favourite bands that have covered The Rains of Castamere...

Radiohead next maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

DL Saint wrote: »
    The fact that Joffrey was going to get poisoned in season 4 had been spoilered to me. However that didn't hide my surprise at the way it was done. Have to give credit to Jack Gleeson as that was a terrific performance and I presume that was him singing in the closing credits?

Are you serious?
    No it was not Jack Gleeson who sang at the end it was Jonsi Birgisson one of the biggest rock stars on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I did say the imgur link has spoilers from this episode, don't read this thread if you haven't seen it yet

The first image explains the source if the poison. It might be speculation or it might be true, I don't know, but it's definitely not explained in this episode.

On topic, at what point was Brienn cleared of killing Renley? His supporters wanted her head immediately after he was killed by the smoke demon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Are you serious?
    No it was not Jack Gleeson who sang at the end it was Jonsi Birgisson one of the biggest rock stars on the planet.

jeez, your username is very apt, would ya relax the guy was just asking a question. Not everyone knows who Sigur Ros are..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Are you serious?

Never heard of him. (Seriously)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

wprathead wrote: »
    jeez, your username is very apt, would ya relax the guy was just asking a question. Not everyone knows who Sigur Ros are..

I guess I guess, it just really freaks me out when people don't know sigur ros but know people like lady gaga, I do not get it, anyway moving on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

On topic, at what point was Brienn cleared of killing Renley? His supporters wanted her head immediately after he was killed by the smoke demon

Last week in ep 1. She told Marjorie and the story of the black ghost and Marjorie believed her. And I think Jamie vouched for her as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Frankly, poisoning was too good for the little sh*t! As happy as i am at his passing, the story will miss him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

In fairness, the guy who sings for sigur ros is not a huge star, they're not really well known, and I thought it was Gleeson singing too. I'm happy his character is dead, just was wishing he had a more painful and dramatic death but I'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Great ep, I'd say it's Olenna Tyrell

{DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED EP2 YET
    Anyone else seen this on Reddit
    (Pics and gifs from this ep, no other spoilers)
    http://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

Comments might have more spoilers
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/22zvn4/all_spoilers_how_it_happened_watch_closely/
    }

That link has spoilers beyond EP2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

royster999 wrote: »
    I think it its Olenna Tyrell who had him poisioned.
    She said to Sansa last episode you she should wear some jewelery .
    Next she meets the former knight who conveniently offers her his family jewel.
    Olenna also said to Sansa earlier this episode to visit High Garden.
    Just before Joffrey kicks the bucket, the old knight shows up telling her she has to leave..

So do you reckon there's a chance the Tyrells are giving Sansa refuge at High Garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

My money is on Margaery ar Olenna Tyrell. But let's face it, he wasn't short of enemies!

Great death scene too. Well acted by Jack Gleeson :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Slow Show wrote: »
    So that makes two of my favourite bands that have covered The Rains of Castamere...

Radiohead next maybe?

Thom Yorke does look a bit like a Warg at times so you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I just watched the last 20min again, Jesus, it's difficult. Margery looks guilty, but so does Stansa. I thought Entourage couldn't be topped, well, the first 5 series, but GoT is truly epic! It's just this week of a wait that's the problem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Remember when Olenna was saying earlier on in the episode "who kills a man at a wedding?" It's surely her doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Remember when Olenna was saying earlier on in the episode "who kills a man at a wedding?" It's surely her doing.

But surely they'd plan it for after the marriage is consummated no?

I suspect Cersei, just to stop her wedding going ahead, and to become queen regent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Thought it was Jack Gleeson who sang at the end too. Heard of Sigur Ros but never actually listened to them.

Great episode. I take it next in line is Joffrey's younger siblings making Margaery queen regent until they come of age ?

In which case it makes Margaery's mother the prime suspect. With Joffrey gone and the Lannister's broke the Tyrell's are in control of the 7 kingdoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Is there any possibility the poison wasn't meant for Joffery?
    If it was the wine, it wasn't taken from Joffery's table so plausibly could've been for someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Thought it was Jack Gleeson who sang at the end too. Heard of Sigur Ros but never actually listened to them.

Great episode. I take it next in line is Joffrey's younger siblings making Margaery queen regent until they come of age ?

In which case it makes Margaery's mother the prime suspect. With Joffrey gone and the Lannister's broke the Tyrell's are in control of the 7 kingdoms.

Fantastic writing when you think of it. Bring on next Monday :cool:

• Advertisement

Amazing.

Amazeballs.

Hope Tywin poisoned the blade of the sword knowing his nutter grandson would lick the blade to show how hard he was. Or knowing that he'd use it to cut the cake and eat the first slice.

The fecker.

Going to bed well happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

It was stansa, she poisoned the cup when she got it from under the table. I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

Junior D wrote: »
    If it was the wine, it wasn't taken from Joffery's table so plausibly could've been for someone else?

Now there's a theory!

Amazing.

Amazeballs.

Hope Tywin poisoned the blade of the sword knowing his nutter grandson would lick the blade to show how hard he was. Or knowing that he'd use it to cut the cake and eat the first slice.

The fecker.

Going to bed well happy.

So many possibilities. On the sword, on the sword after chopping up Tyrions book, in the cup, in the wine, on the fork or in the pie...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Excellent episode , Im quessing it was Cersei when she went against the new queens orders and told to give the scraps to the dogs instead of the poor people She knows how much of a monster he is and it would put her back on the throne and she wouldn't have to marry yer man ... oh who knows

Anyway I'm going to miss Joffery I loved to hate him

It was his cup I think, the same one he dropped on the ground and made Tyrion pick it up. Watching it back when Joffrey tells Tyrion to "hand me my wine" Margaery points to the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

It was his cup I think, the same one he dropped on the ground and made Tyrion pick it up.

His cup, but not his wine

His cup, but not his wine

Perhaps.

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Excellent episode , Im quessing it was Cersei when she went against the new queens orders and told to give the scraps to the dogs instead of the poor people She knows how much of a monster he is and it would put her back on the throne and she wouldn't have to marry yer man ... oh who knows

Anyway I'm going to miss Joffery I loved to hate him

How does it put Cersei back on the thrown ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

80s Child wrote: »
    I just watched the last 20min again, Jesus, it's difficult. Margery looks guilty, but so does Stansa. I thought Entourage couldn't be topped, well, the first 5 series, but GoT is truly epic! It's just this week of a wait that's the problem!!

Are you seriously claiming Entourage is even in the same league as GoT?

I watched all of Entourage and enjoyed it, but it really is just Sex in the City for lads...

Advertisement