Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

74(-4) all done barring some unlikely bonus points being added in the update.

Not bad but seemed set fair for a whole load more when I was on 59 with a clatter of players left from last night and tonight after Sunday's games

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Surely Puncheon should get 3 and Mirallas only 2?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think I'll end up on 83 but Puncheon bailed out 4 of my 5 rivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

64 pre BP's, not a huge score for a DGW but considering all the injuries and captains that came up duds, I'm happy with it. Should be seeing some greens in my leagues and overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Zabaleta is easily my highlight of this double game week, beastly 0 points from him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Another poor captain choice
    Lukaku's 4 points vs Puncheon's spoon to be 23.
    19 point swing there.

Will finish on 71 points

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

77(-4) for the week and should get a few BP's for Puncheon and Barkley. Nasri goal is absolutely sickening though, difference between beating my rival by 5 points or beating him by 20. Like I said above my focus is on the difference between myself and my main rival, can't see myself cracking the top 1k or dropping out of top 10k so not really bothered about overall score.

And before people start harping on about Puncheon it was a pretty solid transfer that a lot of people made. Still consider myself lucky it paid off, no one saw 20 points though. What to do about Aguero now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Another poor captain choice
    Lukaku's 4 points vs Puncheon's spoon to be 23.
    19 point swing there.

Will finish on 71 points

Be honest: did you genuinely consider Puncheon as a real captaincy choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

roryc wrote: »
    77(-4) for the week and should get a few BP's for Puncheon and Barkley. Nasri goal is absolutely sickening though, difference between beating my rival by 5 points or beating him by 20. Like I said above my focus is on the difference between myself and my main rival, can't see myself cracking the top 1k or dropping out of top 10k so not really bothered about overall score.

And before people start harping on about Puncheon it was a pretty solid transfer that a lot of people made. Still consider myself lucky it paid off, no one saw 20 points though. What to do about Aguero now?

are you saying this as someone who has him or doesnt have him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Be honest: did you genuinely consider Puncheon as a real captaincy choice?

When I did the captain poll here, I put in "any Palace player" just for the craic, thinking of Puncheon. If only my time machine wasn't broken...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

HighClass wrote: »
    Have to laugh about Zab, two games, 0 points :pac:

Glad I didn't get him in, I had him before and he frustrated me time and time again, for his price he just isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

ESP updated, bps usually dont change after this

Puncheon 3, Mirallas 2, Jerome 2
    Wickham 3, Fernandinho 2, Nasri 1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭dahat

49 with 23 on the bench,horrible.

MR NINE wrote: »
    are you saying this as someone who has him or doesnt have him?

Doesn't have him. Would have gotten him in if he hadn't been pulled off.

Might have to get Nasri now to limit my liability against my rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Doesn't have him. Would have gotten him in if he hadn't been pulled off.

Might have to get Nasri now to limit my liability against my rival.

Why was he taking off?

KevIRL wrote: »
    ESP updated, bps usually dont change after this

Puncheon 3, Mirallas 2, Jerome 2
    Wickham 3, Fernandinho 2, Nasri 1

Nasri goes down to 1. Good.

Barkley goes down to 0. F**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Well that was a crazy game week, got 2 yellows in injury time of both games.

72 after bps are added, guess il take it, 4 pts from 3 city players over 2 games is bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

91 before Bps makes it a great gw. Baines captain has been a great differential :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

82 (-8) with 3BPs for Puncheon to come. Very happy with that.

Lukaku. Never again. Never!

Yeah Lukaku is such a troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My opponent has scored 80 with those bps. I've scored 69 (-4). I went into the week 34 points ahead so this leaves me 19 ahead.

Considering he had Puncheon, I'll gladly take that.

If I lose this league, I have nobody to blame but myself. My decision making lately has been beyond terrible. At least Mirallas came back and matched Eriksen.

That 0 for Zab was also quite pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why was he taking off?

He's only working his way back to fitness. He has five days now though to get ready for WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Hate you all with your good scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

89 before bonus points

Puncheon an inspired signing 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Your rival is more than likely at home saying the same thing about puncheons points haul though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

70 odd with 20 left on my bench. Ouch!

Your rival is more than likely at home saying the same thing about puncheons points haul though.

Nope, he's on FB chat to me absolutely pissing himself laughing at how hes gotten out of jail yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why was he taking off?

Good management from City who seem to have learnt their lesson from the first time. He played 20 odd minutes against Liverpool, 50 odd tonight, he should get 70 odd against WBA and be ready for a full 90 against Palace.

Gradually build up the playing time and lessen the chance of a breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

72 (-4) for me. I won't grumble and it seems like Captain Aguero was somewhat of a qualified success :pac:

The flurry of goals towards the end was unfortunate especially when neither AJ or Lukaku weren't involved. Cahill sitting on my bench is also unfortunate but Ward and Baines outscored him and Demi should have broken even in theory.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Paully D wrote: »
    Good management from City who seem to have learnt their lesson from the first time. He played 20 odd minutes against Liverpool, 50 odd tonight, he should get 70 odd against WBA and be ready for a full 90 against Palace.

Gradually build up the playing time and lessen the chance of a breakdown.

They might as well just concentrate on pre season after that performance..

Advertisement