Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I used washme.ie for my last few bilt hamber orders and the service has been very good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Autosmart snow foam pro.
    Can't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I used washme.ie for my last few bilt hamber orders and the service has been very good

Another thumbs up for washme.ie. Really excellent customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

How much is their postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Think it's 5.95 but that's always next day with ups.I think when it's either over 65/70 and it's free and if you live local in cork he will drop the stuff to you.

I live in Charleville he was passing one day heading to limerick and offered to drop a order to me the same day.

Seems to be a real decent guy Pascal using him alot lately myself can't fault the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

crasy dash wrote: »
    Think it's 5.95 but that's always next day with ups.I think when it's either over 65/70 and it's free and if you live local in cork he will drop the stuff to you.

I live in Charleville he was passing one day heading to limerick and offered to drop a order to me the same day.

Seems to be a real decent guy Pascal using him slot lately myself can't fault the service.

He seems really customer service driven, seems like a genuinely nice fella. Will definitely be getting more orders from him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

vectra wrote: »
    Autosmart snow foam pro.
    Can't fault it.

Where you getting that Vectra ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

To connect the hose to my Nilfisk, do I just use a Hozelock hose connector? Does anyone here use a water butt instead? Any reasons to prefer one over the other?

Where you getting that Vectra ?

I actually won it a year or so ago. But, do you know your local autosmart rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

CianRyan wrote: »
    What's the common people's favroute snow foam these days?
    I've been fond of Chemical Guys Honey Dew in the past but never thought it really gave the results I wanted.

I use Bilt Hamber. It's the first one i tried and haven't felt the need to try any others since using it.

• Advertisement

I actually won it a year or so ago. But, do you know your local autosmart rep?

I don't but I'm sure I could find out. I've an unopened 5l of auto foam to get through first, and that may take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

If a car gets a ceramic coating does it need any special care in subsequent washing?

Seven Worlds will Collide

etxp wrote: »
    I use Bilt Hamber. It's the first one i tried and haven't felt the need to try any others since using it.

I'm the same except it's the second one I've used. The first being Autobrite Magifoam which I found too thick though still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If a car gets a ceramic coating does it need any special care in subsequent washing?

Which coating are you going for?

Normally it's just washing with a shampoo that doesn't have wax or anything like that in it. For Gtechniq coatings use their GWash and for CarPro use CarPro Reset. Both can be used on the other and I prefer Reset.

You won't be able to use clay on a coated car so you'll need the likes of Gtechniq W6, Bilt Hamber Korrosol or CarPro IronX for contaminant removal.

Also something else to consider - if your water has high levels of lime, over time the lime can affect the hydrophobic properties of coatings. Water Spot removers work to remove lime but I'm not 100% sure if they are coating safe. I know from experience that they're not safe for use on glass coatings.

Koch Chemie have a great product called FSE which is a quick detailer with limescale remover in it. I've often used it with good results.

Thanks for the detailed reply MM

What I was thinking when I get the new one, checking OCD in Ferbane seeing as I'd be practically passing their door.

But I'm afraid the chances of me actually washing the car myself are very to extremely unlikely so it would be at the mercy of the local car wash....don't judge me :D

Obviously I know little about coatings...I had a vision of some bullet proof layer.

Probably just a waste of time and money in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What I was thinking when I get the new one, checking OCD in Ferbane seeing as I'd be practically passing their door.

But I'm afraid the chances of me actually washing the car myself are very to extremely unlikely so it would be at the mercy of the local car wash....don't judge me :D

Obviously I know little about coatings...I had a vision of some bullet proof layer.

Get 2 buckets, microfiber mitt or wool mitt, shampoo as mentioned above and drying towel.....
    Don't use the local cowboys.... They scratch the absolute sh1t out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

OCD would be a great place to go. I got a load of samples from Peter yesterday to try out. He's a proper gent of the highest order.

I would also suggest using Gtechniq L1 on the leather as soon as you can. Peter stocks Gtechniq but if you wanted this I'd say he would use Colour lock's leather shield which is the same idea.

If you're not going to wash the car yourself or you're bringing it to somewhere that does "valeting" a coating is an utter waste of time and money. Before a coating is applied the car has to be corrected. Not washing it properly will only induce scratches and swirls into the coating therefore it's a waste of time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you have no interest in washing the car yourself, don’t go near the local wash.

Just book into OCD once a month for a maintenance wash.

Thanks - if I was nearby it might be an idea.

It's either embrace as a hobby or leave it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Thanks - if I was nearby it might be an idea.

It's either embrace as a hobby or leave it be.

I'd prefer to have a dirty car than to have it washed by the local car wash guys

• Advertisement

high horse wrote: »
    I'd prefer to have a dirty car than to have it washed by the local car wash guys

Yea but when your hands or clothes get dirty off it you have to do something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads, i know this has been done to death already somewhere... but my Karcher PS has finally packed it in.

If i'm correct i think a lot of people recommend the Nilfisk over the Karcher. Any particular one i should be looking at. The PW is only ever really used on the car and occasionally to give the driveway/backyard an aul clean. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lads, i know this has been done to death already somewhere... but my Karcher PS has finally packed it in.

If i'm correct i think a lot of people recommend the Nilfisk over the Karcher. Any particular one i should be looking at. The PW is only ever really used on the car and occasionally to give the driveway/backyard an aul clean. Thanks.

C120 if I recall.... That is the one recommended on here by lots.

I'm disappointed with karcher

Are Lidl getting in their Parkside washers soon?
    I am sure I saw them advertised recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Are Lidl getting in their Parkside washers soon?
    I am sure I saw them advertised recently.

Just Looked in the app they have one from tomorrow with a 5year warranty for 200 euro an absolute bargain at that price.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/great-gardens/garden-pressure-sprayer/p9649

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Very light on specs, any info on KW or flow rate? And what is 2 bars? Karcher K4 is 130...what am I missing?

I'd be tempted by this:
    https://www.heavins.ie/p/karcher-k4-power-control-pressure-power-washer/4054278618241?gclid=CjwKCAjwu5CDBhB9EiwA0w6sLUWgnRjto2TgyL9CM4ro0AMbSdFZ6QTDitN8VDmwO0Y3hg8nA93AuBoC8csQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Technique

Very light on specs, any info on KW or flow rate? And what is 2 bars? Karcher K4 is 130...what am I missing?

I'd be tempted by this:
    https://www.heavins.ie/p/karcher-k4-power-control-pressure-power-washer/4054278618241?gclid=CjwKCAjwu5CDBhB9EiwA0w6sLUWgnRjto2TgyL9CM4ro0AMbSdFZ6QTDitN8VDmwO0Y3hg8nA93AuBoC8csQAvD_BwE

I've got that one. I find it great for car washing and using with a snow foam lance. I also use it for general cleaning like paving etc. I had a smaller Karcher before that and found it a big step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Slightly OT but pressure washer related. I have a Karcher HD5/11C that must be 10/12 years old at this stage??

It still works great but at its age I wonder can it be serviced and rebuilt with new seals etc. Seems a shame not to give it some TLC and look after it. I don't know what its equivalent is today as they seemed to have discontinued the model. It was the entry commercial grade one back in the day.

So does anyone service / rebuild them or can I buy a kit and do it myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Technique wrote: »
    I've got that one. I find it great for car washing and using with a snow foam lance. I also use it for general cleaning like paving etc. I had a smaller Karcher before that and found it a big step up.

Picked up the K4 about a month ago myself, what snow foam lance are you using?
    I've just the bog standard Karcher one
    Doesn't do a bad job just wondered if there's a better option
    Ta

• Advertisement
Advertisement