Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Aldi have big packs of magic erasers for €1.95 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Folks..for washing your microfibre cloths,do ye buy the dedicated was from valet pro,chemical guys etc or is there a liquid we can get in the supermarkets that would do the job and not damage them...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

celticsfan wrote: »
    Folks..for washing your microfibre cloths,do ye buy the dedicated was from valet pro,chemical guys etc or is there a liquid we can get in the supermarkets that would do the job and not damage them...

I use Chemical Guys MF wash but have never had an issue with normal detergents. As long as it's non-bio and doesn't contain fabric softener they'll be fine. Don't use a dryer sheet when drying them either and only wash them together, not with normal clothes.

EDIT: Also never use washing powder because it can cake up on cloths.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Non Bio machine wash liquid in Dealz, €1.50 Liter.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Have car alloys the same as the below with a lot of caked on brake dust. Only seems to be on the shiny black bits which are now dull. What's the best way to get them off?

91NRoAe-uoL._SL1500_.jpg

• Advertisement

Either Gtechniq W6 or Bilt Hamber Korrosol with no brush, just spray on, leave to dwell and powerwash off.

Then every few weeks use Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel to keep on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Either Gtechniq W6 or Bilt Hamber Korrosol with no brush, just spray on, leave to dwell and powerwash off.

Then every few weeks use Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel to keep on top of it.

Would also e good idea to coat them with quartz d lux or similar wouldn't it

Would also e good idea to coat them with quartz d lux or similar wouldn't it

Yep, it would indeed but to do that right it's a wheels-off job.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Thanks!

Thanks!

Example >> Wheels off detail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Woodies are doing a special on hoses and pump sprayers. In store they are full price but if you use Click & Collect you get it them at the reduced price.

€15 - https://www.woodies.ie/hozelock-30m-freestanding-hose-reel-with-25m-hose-799999

€4 - https://www.woodies.ie/garden-plus-2l-pressure-sprayer-1066908

€10 - https://www.woodies.ie/garden-plus-5l-pressure-sprayer-1066909

That's what I've picked up but there is more stuff on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can anyone advice how to get rid of water spots on a car?

Got the car washed and they did an awful job on it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Headshot wrote: »
    Can anyone advice how to get rid of water spots on a car?

Got the car washed and they did an awful job on it :/

Quick detailer or wash again and dry it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Lidl have carpet extraction machines in on the 21st for 90 quid, might interest some of ye if you're looking for a cheap machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone recommend good seat cleaner? Have a few spills to clean up. Fizzy drink being the most stubborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Anyone recommend good seat cleaner? Have a few spills to clean up. Fizzy drink being the most stubborn.

The purists may scoff but good old cheap Halfords Upholstery cleaner keeps the fabric seats in the Superb like new. Nice smell and super easy to work with. I've tried a good few over the years and see no reason to use anything else now. Agitate with one microfiber cloth, wipe with another.

The purists may scoff but good old cheap Halfords Upholstery cleaner keeps the fabric seats in the Superb like new. Nice smell and super easy to work with. I've tried a good few over the years and see no reason to use anything else now. Agitate with one microfiber cloth, wipe with another.

Is that the aerosol stuff?
    I have seen that stuff make seats full of white stains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I always found Autoglym interior upholstery very good, but Halfords one cheaper will give it ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

vectra wrote: »
    Is that the aerosol stuff?
    I have seen that stuff make seats full of white stains.

No, comes in a spray bottle, similar to AG. €4 last time I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Looking for an easy to apply wax for the winter available in Cork, thinking of trying Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax https://dnddetailing.ie/product/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax/

Seems a good enough product especially for the ease of applying ?

• Advertisement

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Looking for an easy to apply wax for the winter available in Cork, thinking of trying Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax https://dnddetailing.ie/product/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax/

Seems a good enough product especially for the ease of applying ?

Preperation is the key to durability.
    No point in buying a product and slapping it on over bad paint.
    You should at least clay the car first.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Car is always prepped before applying any wax.

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Car is always prepped before applying any wax.

If you are prepared for an hour or so to apply, I would recommend PNS for up to 6 months protection.

Then use BSD as a drying aid to maintain.
    I know you said Cork, but I don't know if there is a Cork stockist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Gtechniq C2v3

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

Hoping this is the right thread for this question.
    Picking up a new car in next few days and dealer is suggesting a ‘Lifeshine’ coating on paintwork, glass and upholstery for €325.
    Anyone any experience with this? Worth the money or is a good polish just as good?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

No, it's rubbish. I'm guessing this is a vag car, vw maybe? The missus had it done on her golf, she fell for the salesman talk and it's not worth the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

Yeah, VW. The paintwork I can take care of myself as I’m quite happy polishing and waxing etc. It’s more for the interior I’d like something to fight off stains..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Greenbin wrote: »
    Yeah, VW. The paintwork I can take care of myself as I’m quite happy polishing and waxing etc. It’s more for the interior I’d like something to fight off stains..

Honestly bring it to a real detailer..... Waste of money and the car will come scratched....

Best bet is tell dealer leave all stickers and not to wash and bring straight to the detailer.
    Washing will be a dream and paint will be glossy and swirl free much much longer and obviously wash correctly.

If you are happy with waxing it yourself, you can also get stain block products.
    Gtechniq is one of many to provide such product.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No, comes in a spray bottle, similar to AG. €4 last time I looked.

I bought some during the week, it was pretty well recommended by autoexpress in their latest tests. Smells good too.

Advertisement