Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi €10 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

gerrykin22 wrote: »
    Bought indo in tesco in galway this morning checked if it had the lidl mag which it had. Went to the checkout some scabby b****** had ripped out the aldi voucher from front of paper.
    Had to go get another paper.

Seems to be all to common. In my book, removing thr insert or ripping the paper is theft. Many will see it as no harm but the same people would freak if someone short changed them by €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

mikeecho wrote: »
    most hotels only supply Lite copies.. these dont have the vouchers
    Most maybe, but not all -FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can also confirm for the Sunday World. Just got it from my local Centra. Weird the way Lidl one is advertised all over the front but the Aldi one is actually printed into the paper whilst the Lidl one is on the back of the Lidl leaflet :S

NOW! Who has been in Aldi or Lidl today!? Heineken, much??

bVuwWQp.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

KOR101 wrote: »
    Most maybe, but not all -FACT.

I picked up the independent in a hotel recently. Voucher was not advertised on the front but was in it.
    The independent is great value these days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Sorry if this has been asked before but are these vouchers (Lidl & Aldi ones) definitely also accepted by Tesco? There's no barcode on the Aldi one which seems a bit unusual so just wondering if that would make a difference to Tesco accepting it.

Just a word of warning too, none of the Sunday Worlds in my local supermarket had the Lidl magazine in them, bought the Sindo instead, so do check beforehand. Not sure if it was an "oversight" on the part of a staff member or whether some early bird customer nabbed all the worms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but are these vouchers (Lidl & Aldi ones) definitely also accepted by Tesco?

100%
    yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but are these vouchers (Lidl & Aldi ones) definitely also accepted by Tesco? There's no barcode on the Aldi one which seems a bit unusual so just wondering if that would make a difference to Tesco accepting it.

Just a word of warning too, none of the Sunday Worlds in my local supermarket had the Lidl magazine in them, bought the Sindo instead, so do check beforehand. Not sure if it was an "oversight" on the part of a staff member or whether some early bird customer nabbed all the worms!
    yes they scan a barcode that says competitor coupon then they put in the value, no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

eoz wrote: »
    I picked up the independent in a hotel recently. Voucher was not advertised on the front but was in it.
    The independent is great value these days:)
    Yeah, picked up a few when I saw the Ash Vacuum on offer from Thursday. Then, got home and did some googling. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lads for anyone who bought the Sunday World for the Lidl voucher and it wasn't in it well Lidl themselves seem to be well aware of the problem of vouchers going missing so they put on their ad that if your voucher wasn't in the paper then you should email customer.services@lidl.ie and my guess is they'll email you one to print off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Adrian J Lynch

Thanks for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So got myself a box of 20 x carlsberg and 20 x budweiser in Aldi for €19.98 for both of them as well as the rest of the groceries :D

Also, Lidl sell newspapers and have the Sunday World with the coupons in it too, to save you from 1 extra journey on the Sundays :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Yeah... f#cking bull that the Lidl mag was missing. There's a certain local branded store here in Limerick city where the owner was not having it at all and f#cked them all out. Once seen the same guy breaking up Easter egg chocolate into the pick and mix. From €6 a kilo to €20 a kilo in just a quick crumble.

He is doing good business to be fair, but he's ruthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

got 2 x 20 bottles bud 15 euro each, 1 slab 24 x 500ml cans bud 25.50 euro . total 55.50 euro minus voucher equals 45.50 euro, a lot of beer for that money, incidently checked lidl they were 20 euro for the 20 x bottles of bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Bought Sunday World today, so I have Aldi voucher in left hand and Lidl voucher in right hand, so which discounter is the cheapest, Aldi or Lidl?, for general groceries

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

TOMP wrote: »
    Bought Sunday World today, so I have Aldi voucher in left hand and Lidl voucher in right hand, so which discounter is the cheapest, Aldi or Lidl?, for general groceries
    think aldi is better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

TOMP wrote: »

Aldi for general groceries and Lidl for more upmarket fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

When buying, if the vouchers are missing from the newspapers I suggest you speak to the person in charge and tell them that you were about to purchase but won't now and you'll go elsewhere. I'd also report the shop to Aldi/Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

bagels wrote: »
    When buying, if the vouchers are missing from the newspapers I suggest you speak to the person in charge and tell them that you were about to purchase but won't now and you'll go elsewhere. I'd also report the shop to Aldi/Lidl.

Funny "report the shop to Aldi and Lidl" What will they do exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

I find it quite hard to spend €50 in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

kn wrote: »

not the other way around?? having said that, haven't shopped in lidl in awhile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    I find it quite hard to spend €50 in Aldi

add more booze! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

just got 3 x €6 off a €40 spend tesco vouchers.... any chance aldi accepting them:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Green Fish

kn wrote: »

Really? What upmarket fare is good in LIDL in your opinion (I rarely get a chance to shop there)?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Deluxe range, akrets seasonally. Seafood, game, sauces, deserts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

You gotta love Lidl !!

Dear Mr. Satriale,
    We write in relation to your recent email regarding the €10.00 voucher in the Newspaper this weekend.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you by this issue. We can certainly organise for a voucher to be forwarded to you if you can provide the following information either by return email or to our Free Post Address:

- The front page of the newspaper in which the voucher was missing (Sunday World or Sunday Independent)
    - Your till receipt for shopping purchased in our Lidl Ireland store between 7th & 13th December for more than €50.00 spent.

Our Free Post Address: Lidl Ireland, Freepost FNS 337, Naas, Co. Kildare.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on our Free Phone Number 1800 347 447. Our lines are open Monday to Saturday 8am to 9pm. Please quote reference number above.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I take it that the "voucher" there is going to be a gift card rather than a tenner off a further €50 shop. Still handy enough. They definitely want to know where vouchers are going missing as they're paying for the distribution!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I didn't get any voucher for Lidl either- and got the same e-mail- but we have a communal waste system here- so there is no point in my dumpster diving to try and retrieve the paper- as god only knows how many people have put rubbish on top of mine....... So- no Lidl voucher for me, I guess.......

Fair play to Lidl for sorting customers out with vouchers, good to see

I didn't get any voucher for Lidl either- and got the same e-mail- but we have a communal waste system here- so there is no point in my dumpster diving to try and retrieve the paper- as god only knows how many people have put rubbish on top of mine....... So- no Lidl voucher for me, I guess.......

If you want PM me your address and I'll send my Sunday World frontpage to Lidls freepost address on your behalf tomorrow. It killed me to buy that rag of a paper so I might as well make some use out of it !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Fair play to Lidl for sorting customers out with vouchers, good to see

If you can show you purchased the paper in question (and have kept it to do so)- and can also show a till receipt for >50 Euro between the dates in question....... Lots of us were using the Lidl vouchers for Tesco......... (and indeed- the vouchers were all robbed from the two papers in Tesco by shoppers- to the extent that the local Tesco in Lucan- had a security guard at the paper rack- as people were tearing out the Aldi vouchers along with taking the lidl ones- which of course removed the Indo's barcode and made it unsaleable........

This is to say nothing of the Supervalu's around the country- which mysteriously don't have the Lidl vouchers.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement