Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi €10 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

momec wrote: »
    May I ask a question please. When the €10 Sunday Indo voucher is used, does it show up as a deduction on your receipt?

Yes but not very conspicuous, under TOTAL in bold:

i38aco.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Growing up in 80's we had Dunnes st. Bernard which was as cheap and nasty as yellow pack, the days when own brand meant you could not eat it. My sisters worked in Dunnes, all I was thankful for was that my mum shopped in Superquinn,

Its not somewhere I would chose to shop because of the poor quality, its personal opinion and I am glad of the fact that I have other stores closer,

You may want to go back for a try - I generally find that Tesco has the worst quality own brand products of any store going at this stage; with Dunnes being one of the higher quality stores. Add the ratty fruit and veg in Tesco to the mix and its quite reminiscent of Quinnsworth circa 1993!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

styron wrote: »
    Yes but not very conspicuous, under TOTAL in bold:

i38aco.jpg

Technically not a deduction but as a cash payment.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

Very astute, I see an imaginary line! ... at the till I'm distracted by how on earth I'm gonna haul this lot home.

Very astute, I see an imaginary line! ... at the till I'm distracted by how on earth I'm gonna haul this lot home.

I only pointed it out because a deduction May be seen as a discount. In this case the voucher is seen as part payment, not a discount. To some people this may be relevant.

• Advertisement

I only pointed it out because a deduction May be seen as a discount. In this case the voucher is seen as part payment, not a discount. To some people this may be relevant.

Not at all getting on your back about that, sorry if I gave the impression I was - the distinction you drew attention to is appropriate and not trivial - the astute remark was genuine, not sarcasm.

Not at all getting on your back about that, sorry if I gave the impression I was - the distinction you drew attention to is appropriate and not trivial - the astute remark was genuine, not sarcasm.

No problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

As the voucher does not have a barcode its difficult for their systems to apply it as a discount. They would need to apply a plus code to it, but for such a short term promo, its probably easier to apply it as a cash payment. Either way, it represent a discount on a qualifyifing shop.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    As the voucher does not have a barcode its difficult for their systems to apply it as a discount. They would need to apply a plus code to it, but for such a short term promo, its probably easier to apply it as a cash payment. Either way, it represent a discount on a qualifyifing shop.

The question was "does it show up as a discount".
    Hence my answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You must present in advance of checking out or so it says..ime ive had to remind the staff at the end to use my voucher, they then ask me to sign it for whatever reason and then they write the receipt number on it and off you go.

Just be careful that they deduct the tenner before entering card details if paying by card.

• Advertisement

The question was "does it show up as a discount".
    Hence my answer.

Let's see, its money off a shop, so that's a discount no? Or am I being pedantic???? Or perhaps it a reduction of 20% ? Or 20% off a shop of exactly €50?
    What difference is it?

Boys boys calllllmmmmmm

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Let's see, its money off a shop, so that's a discount no? Or am I being pedantic???? Or perhaps it a reduction of 20% ? Or 20% off a shop of exactly €50?
    What difference is it?

Its the way it shows up on the receipt. The 10 Euro shows as a payment.
    In Tesco it shows as a voucher.

Jaysus, does it all matter? A tenner off is a tenner off. End of.

vicwatson wrote: »

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

What was the point of the question in the first place??

It doesn't matter to me or you but it may to the person that asked the question.
    If you have an issue with me answering a question then please say.

What's it got to-do with you?
    Did you even bother to read the post that I was responding to?

I assumed they want to substitute the voucher for cash doing someone else's shopping and if the voucher deduction was noticeable on the receipt?

Fuzzy Clam is right to draw attention that the receipt doesn't show the €10 strictly as a deduction - in case the purpose for the questioner might be restrictive (eg. using it for a tax claim), I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

L1011 wrote: »
    You may want to go back for a try - I generally find that Tesco has the worst quality own brand products of any store going at this stage; with Dunnes being one of the higher quality stores. Add the ratty fruit and veg in Tesco to the mix and its quite reminiscent of Quinnsworth circa 1993!

Thanks for your advice, its not a store I would ever use.

I don't buy own branded products anymore and I grow all my own veg and some fruit and use local produce.

As I said, it's personal preference thank god we have a choice,

Each to their own, !

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter to me or you but it may to the person that asked the question.
    If you have an issue with me answering a question then please say.
    What's it got to-do with you?
    Did you even bother to read the post that I was responding to?

Oh relax :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭momec

Thanks everyone for replies. The reason I asked the question in the first place is because I am almost 100% sure the discount (or deduction or whatever the correct term is) was not actually applied to my shopping yesterday. Total bill came to €86. I had handed her the voucher in the beginning and €100 as payment. Signed the voucher but I am almost sure she handed me back €14 instead of €24. I was wondering if the discount should show up on receipt thats all. Not much I can do about it now anyway only learn my lesson to be more awake in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

momec wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for replies. The reason I asked the question in the first place is because I am almost 100% sure the discount (or deduction or whatever the correct term is) was not actually applied to my shopping yesterday. Total bill came to €86. I had handed her the voucher in the beginning and €100 as payment. Signed the voucher but I am almost sure she handed me back €14 instead of €24. I was wondering if the discount should show up on receipt thats all. Not much I can do about it now anyway only learn my lesson to be more awake in future.

Sure the tills are cashed out during the Day. if there is €10 extra on the till it will show up. If you are correct when you say they gave you the wrong change if you go in and talk to them and they've an extra €10 on the till and the time matches your receipt, I'd say you might get it back, depending on their Company Policy/who you speak to and obviously you'll need your receipt. They're a German Company so they're normally very straight forward about things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

clerk wrote: »
    They're a German Company so they're normally very straight forward about things.

Yep, we can always trust the Germans...:P

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

slave1 wrote: »
    Yep, we can always trust the Germans...:P

...to screw you over for their own gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

so i went to tesco this evening, i used 23 euro off 150 euro tesco voucher, used 10 euro off aldi voucher and used 8 euro off 40 euro super valu voucher in the 1 shop

whelan2 wrote: »
    so i went to tesco this evening, i used 23 euro off 150 euro tesco voucher, used 10 euro off aldi voucher and used 8 euro off 40 euro super valu voucher in the 1 shop

Where did you get the Supervalue voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Where did you get the Supervalue voucher?

Was posted to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

whelan2 wrote: »
    Did you spend €240 (150+50+40) before vouchers? or did you just need a subtotal of €150 and then use the three vouchers (23+10+8). Pretty nice if they allow triple-dipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

With regard to the €10 voucher appearing at the bottom of the receipt as a cash payment, this would likely matter if you bought exactly €50 worth of goods and wanted to return one item with a value of €10. I presume you would get the full €10 in refund rather then €8 (€10 less 20%).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement