Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids at Weddings - how to avoid?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,863 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

My sister does that! Two of my cousins got married in the last few years. They told our family no kids, because they knew my sister would want to bring them - and she did - to both weddings! They had a babysitter in the hotel for during the meal but she then brought them down to the afters part :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

My sister does that! Two of my cousins got married in the last few years. They told our family no kids, because they knew my sister would want to bring them - and she did - to both weddings! They had a babysitter in the hotel for during the meal but she then brought them down to the afters part :eek:

I'm guessing next cousin will be leaning toward not inviting her at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I know a lot of my friends like to bring their kids to weddings merely to "show them off" that really drives me mental.

You know when you are in a queue at a post office or supermarket and the person in front of you shakes their baby in your face hoping you will complement their little darling - its the same for a lot of people who bring kids to weddings, for show.

:confused:

haha, I know what you mean though. Then look at you like you're a witch because you dont smile manically at the damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

My sister does that! Two of my cousins got married in the last few years. They told our family no kids, because they knew my sister would want to bring them - and she did - to both weddings!
    The thread title should really be "How to avoid non-invited guests at your wedding".

Never understood the mindset of people who bring along uninvited guests.
    I'm not married, but from talking to friends that are, I know how much planning can go into seating arrangements.
    And the disappointment with not being able to invite everyone you want due to cost constraints.

Advertisement